Collection of top 20 Indian snacks recipes – snacks and starters are an integral part of any cuisine. Be it european, American, asian or Indian cuisine. In India there are a variety of snacks that are prepared. The recipes and method of making some snacks differ from region to region. While some snacks are very popular all throughout India. There are some snacks which are popular only in a specific region.
I have posted around 250 plus Snacks recipes on the blog. Here in this post, i am sharing collection of top 20 snacks recipes from the blog. these includes some snacks from Indian cuisine and few from world cuisine.
You can also check these snacks recipes collections:
- 50 chutney recipes
- 40 sandwich recipes
- Top 10 street food recipes
- 115 Diwali snacks recipes
- 24 tikki recipes (cutlet or patties)
Top 20 Indian snacks recipes
1. Spring roll recipe – a popular Chinese snack of vegetable spring rolls. If you have the wrappers ready, then making spring rolls is not difficult. You can make the Spring roll sheets at home or buy them from outside.
2. Onion pakoda recipe – crisp and tasty onion fritters made with gram flour are a popular Indian street food. It is one snack that is easy to prepare and tastes good too. Other popular Pakoda recipes you can make are:
3. Dahi vada – popular North Indian street food snack where lentil dumplings are dunked in a creamy whipped yogurt topped with spicy and sweet chutneys. Dahi bhalla are slightly different from dahi vada. In dahi bhalle, papdis, boiled potato cubes & cooked chickpeas are added which add different textures, taste and flavor to the dahi bhalla. Other popular dahi based snacks recipes are:
4. Dhokla recipe – dhokla is a very popular snack from the Gujarati cuisine. This dhokla recipe is fermented and made with chana dal and rice batter. They taste too good and make for a delicious snack. other popular Gujarati snacks recipes which you may like are:
5. Gobi 65 recipe – spicy starter snack of fried cauliflower florets. The genre of 65 recipes are pretty popular in southern parts of India. Few more similar snacks recipes are:
6. French fries – crispy french fries or finger chips that can be made at home easily. These french fries come very close to the ones we get in mc donalds or any other fast food chains. They are crisp as well as soft from inside and taste too good. Few more popular potato snacks recipes are:
7. Dal vada recipe – popular crispy & crunchy fried snack made from chana dal, onions and spices-herbs. Other similar South Indian snacks recipes are:
8. Veg cutlet recipe – crisp and tasty veg patties made with mixed vegetables. they are a good tea time snack and can also be made during monsoons.
9. Bread pakora recipe – bread coated with spiced gram flour batter and stuffed with potato filling and then shallow or deep fried. These bread pakoras are a weekend affair in most Punjabi homes and made for breakfast on saturdays or sundays. Other popular Snacks recipes with bread are:
10. Hara bhara kabab – tasty veg kabab made from spinach, peas and potatoes. Nutritious as well as delicious.
11. Samosa recipe – these Punjabi samosa are flaky and crispy from outside with a tasty potato and peas stuffing.
12. Kachori recipe – flaky and tasty kachoris made with a spiced moong lentils stuffing. kachoris are basically deep fried breads. There are many varieties of kachori recipes in the Indian cuisine and moong dal kachori is a popular one. Other similar snacks recipes are:
13. Cheese ball – easy to prepare tasty recipe of cheese balls made with potatoes, gram flour and cheese. few more delicious snacks recipes you can make with cheese are
14. Veg sandwich – popular Mumbai street food of delicious sandwiches made with mix vegetables, green chutney and a few spice powders. for more Veg sandwich recipes you can make as an evening snack are:
15. Garlic bread – a super easy recipe of making garlic bread on a tawa or frying pan and without the oven.
16. Mysore bonda recipe – mysore bonda are crisp, soft and fluffy fritters made with urad dal (black gram), spices and fresh coconut bits. Few more similar snacks you may like are:
17. Momos recipe – veg momos are steamed dumplings stuffed with a lightly spiced vegetable filling. A popular tibetan recipe.
18. Paneer tikka – spiced marinated cottage cheese cubes pan fried on a tawa or griddle. Few more delicious paneer snacks recipes you can make are:
19. Aloo tikki – popular North Indian snack of spiced, crisp and tasty potato patties. Few more similar snacks recipes are
20. Vada pav – vada pav is one of the most humble street food of Mumbai, yet it is tasty and delicious. Vada pav basically has Batata vada which is sandwiched between two slices of a pav, along with sweet chutney, green chutney and dry garlic chutney. Few more popular Mumbai street food snacks recipes are: