Trying to include more vegetables in your diet this year?
This Vegetable salad recipe is a summer salad that is sure to make you fresh, light and healthy. Gluten-free and Vegan.
This mix veggie salad with nuts & seeds is super healthy. The freshness of the raw veggies, the crispness of the roasted nuts and flavors of fresh herbs come together in one healthy bowl.
This healthy cold vegetable salad is great in the summer when all the produce is fresh and green! Try having this mixed vegetable salad once or twice a week for lunch or dinner.
I usually make this salad to accompany a light khichdi or simple lentil-rice dish. Sometimes I just have a bowl of salads in these hot months along with fruit juices or smoothies. Not that we survive only on salads. I do make light meals like khichdi, dalia or lentils with rice or cooling curries like kokum curry and bottle gourd curry.
Variations you can make in salad
- I have added veggies like carrots, cucumber, radish, spring onions and tomatoes to this salad. You can add your choice of fresh veggies or sprouts too.
- Even lightly steamed veggies like broccoli, french beans or cooked corn, cauliflower, baby corn can be added.
- Also, you can add your own choice of dry fruits and seeds. I added what I had at home.
It is a very important and healthy practice to include salads in the diet.
If you are looking for more Salad recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
vegetable salad recipe
vegetable salad ingredients
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized cucumber
- 1 small tender white indian radish
- 1 large tomato
- 2 to 3 spring onions
- 1 or 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews or whole cashews
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds , optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachois
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
vegetable salad dressing
- ½ or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 fresh italian basil, chopped
- herbes de provence as required
- 1 teaspoon celery, finely chopped
- salt as required
- pepper as required
- Firstly rinse all the veggies. Peel and chop the carrots, radish and cucumber.
- Chop the tomatoes. Finely chop the spring onions. Take all the veggies in a bowl.
- Heat a pan and dry roast all the seeds and nuts till crisp and lightly browned. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients well for the dressing. Pour the dressing in the bowl containing vegetables.
- Toss well so that the veggies are coated with the dressing. Sprinkle the roasted seeds and dry fruits.
- Serve the vegetable salad immediately.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later