veggie salad with nuts – a summer salad that is sure to make you fresh and light. this veggie salad with nuts & seeds is super healthy. the freshness of the raw veggies, the crispness of the roasted nuts and a flavors of fresh herbs come together in one healthy bowl.
i usually make this veggie salad to accompany with a light khichdi or simple dal-rice. sometimes i just have a bowl of salads in these hot months along with fruit juices or smoothies. not that we survive only on salads. i do make light meals like khichdi, dalia, dal-rice or cooling curries like kokum curry and lauki curry.
these are only for me. i do have a hubby who loves his punjabi food even in the summers. so i also end up making a lot of punjabi recipes like chole, rajma, paneer butter masala, matar paneer, gobi paratha, aloo gobi, dal makhani and more 🙂
i have added veggies like carrots, cucumber, radish, spring onions and tomatoes to this salad. you can add your choice of fresh veggies or sprouts too. even lightly steamed veggies like broccoli, french beans or cooked corn, cauliflower, baby corn can be added.
also you can add your own choice of dry fruits and seeds. i added what i had at home. its very important and healthy practice to include salads in the diet.
veggie salad with nuts recipe details:
veggie salad recipe
veggie salad recipe - healthy and light summer salad with fresh raw veggies and nuts and seeds.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 medium sized carrots (gajar)
- 2 medium sized cucumber
- 1 small tender white indian radish (mooli)
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1 or 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews or whole cashews (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (badam), optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachois (pista)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- ½ or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-4 fresh italian basil, chopped
- herbes de provence as required
- 1 teaspoon celery, finely chopped
- salt as required
- pepper as required
how to make recipe
- firstly rinse all the veggies. peel and chop the carrots, radish and cucumber.
- chop the tomatoes. finely chop the spring onions. take all the veggies in a bowl.
- heat a pan and dry roast all the dry fruits till crisp and lightly browned. keep aside.
- in a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients well for the dressing. pour the dressing in the bowl containing veggies.
- toss well so that the veggies are coated with the dressing. sprinkle the roasted seeds and dry fruits.
- serve the veggie salad immediately.