Tropical Fruit salad recipe with step by step pics. Having a fruit salad is a healthy eating habit. Not only they are quick to prepare but also light for the stomach and easy to digest as well as nutritious.
So this summer make the best use of seasonal fruits that nature offers like mangoes, jackfruit, chikoos, berries etc.
Fruit salad is a healthy dish but one has to be careful to choose the right combination of fruits. Wrong combination of fruits could be toxic to the body or create discomfort in the stomach.
To be on the safer side, For this tropical fruit salad I have chosen sweet fruits like mango, banana, chickoo and papaya.
The fruit salad was yummy specially because all the fruits were organic. They were so good and sweet that I did not add any sweetener or sugar in the salad.
Always use ripe and sweet fruits while making a fruit salad, so that you don’t need to add any extra sugar or sweetener. Also half-ripe or semi-ripe fruits can give stomach problems.
As a topping on the fruits, I added some cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts for additional texture and crunch. You can even roast the nuts if you want. Nuts and dry fruits once roasted becomes a good snacking as well as munching snack.
You can dry roast the dry fruits in an oven or in a pan and spice them with your favorite spices and store them in air tight container and munch on them whenever you want.
Few tips for making a good fruit salad
- Use the fruits which are in season.
- Use fresh, ripe and sweet tasting fruits only.
- Fruits should ideally not be eaten after a meal. Its always better to have fruits at least half an hour or 1 hour before the meal.
- Avoid mixing acidic and citrus fruits with sweets fruits.
- Avoid mixing citrus fruits with milk based items.
- Fruits are perishable and don’t have a long shelf life once chopped. So its always better to consume them fresh.
- You can use mint leaves for garnishing as well for digestive properties.
- You can also add your choice of dry roasted dry fruits for additional flavor.
How to make Tropical Fruit Salad
1. Firstly rinse the fruits like mangoes, papaya and chikoo (sapota). Then peel and chop them into bite sized pieces. Remove and discard the seeds. Also chop bananas.
2. Add the chopped fruits in a salad bowl or any large bowl.
3. Mix the fruits very well.
4. Now add some chopped or sliced nuts like cashews, pistachios, walnuts or almonds. You can even lightly roast the nuts if you want and then add them.
5. Again mix well.
6. Serve fruit salad straight away garnished with a few sprigs of mint leaves and a few nuts.
More popular Salad recipes
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Tropical Fruit Salad (Easy)
- 2 large mangoes
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 2 to 3 small to medium sized chickoos (sapota)
- 1 small papaya or ½ of one large papaya
- dry fruits like cashew almonds, walnut or of your choice (optional)
- few mint leaves for garnishing
- Peel and chop mangoes, banana, papaya and chickoo (sapota) into bite sized pieces.
- Add everything in a salad bowl or any large bowl.
- Mix the fruits well.
- Dry roast the dry fruits in a oven or in pan to make them crisp.
- Add dry fruits on top of the fruits.
- Add few mint leaves for garnishing.
- Serve the Tropical Fruit Salad immediately.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.