Tomato salsa recipe with step by step photos – tangy and spicy Mexican tomato salsa.
One more favorite salsa recipe of mine after Mango salsa And Sweet corn salsa. the tangy juicy tomatoes, the spicy chilies, the sourness of the lemon juice, the mild sweetness & pungency of onions and the refreshing aroma of coriander leaves – all come in one bowl.
I have used green chilies in the recipe. Instead of green chilies, you can use jalapenos. Also you can add green chilies, which are less hot or medium hot. The salsa recipe serves 1, but you can also make a large batch for a party. Just increase all the ingredients proportionally.
Tomato salsa is quick to prepare. you can serve it as an appetizer or condiment along with the main course. Or else you can serve it as a dip with some crackers or nachos.
Few more snacks recipes for you!
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 2 medium tomatoes or ⅔ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion or ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (ground cumin)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper or black pepper
- salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice or add as per taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
preparation to make tomato salsa
- Rinse and chop 2 medium tomatoes, 1 medium onion, 2 green chilies and coriander leaves.
- If you want you can remove the seeds from the tomatoes as well as green chilies. Instead of chopping them on a board, you can also use a food processor to chop all of them.
making tomato salsa
- In a mixing bowl, take the chopped tomatoes, onion, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Now add 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder and salt as per taste. You can also add black pepper instead or red chilli powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice. Add more lemon juice if required.
- Mix everything very well. You can even refrigerate and serve later.
- Serve tomato salsa with any chips like nachos or crackers or tacos.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
How to make tomato salsa
1. Rinse and chop 2 medium tomatoes, 1 medium onion, 2 green chilies and some coriander leaves. Take all of them in a mixing bowl. If you want you can remove the seeds from the tomatoes as well as green chilies. Instead of chopping them on board, you can also use a food processor to chop all of them.
2. Now add ¼ teaspoon cumin powder and salt as per taste.
3. Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice. You can add more lemon juice if required.
4. Add ¼ teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper. Add more as per taste. you can also add black pepper powder instead or red chilli powder.
5. Mix everything very well. You can even refrigerate and serve later.
6. Serve tomato salsa with any chips like nachos or crackers or Vegetarian tacos.