this pudina chutney has the same taste of the ones served in restaurants. the chutney recipe is ready in 15 minutes and is very easy to make and you don’t need to make special tandoori snacks to make this chutney. you can serve this chutney with snacks like:
vegans you can make this pudina chutney with cashew yogurt instead of using dairy yogurt.
pudina chutney recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh curd or yogurt or cashew yogurt
- 1.5 cups fresh mint leaves (pudina)
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (dhania)
- 1 green chili (hari mirch), chopped
- 1 small onion (pyaaz), chopped
- ½ inch ginger (adrak), chopped
- 2 to 3 small to medium garlic cloves (lahsun) chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur) or dry pomegranate seeds powder (anardana powder)
- black salt or rock salt as required
how to make pudina chutney recipe
take the curd in a bowl and beat it with a whisk or spoon or egg beater till smooth.
mix the spice powders and salt with the curd.
grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, onion and green chili with little water to a smooth paste.
mix the freshly ground green chutney with the curd.
blend both of these till they become uniform and one in color.
check the mint chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed.
serve the pudina chutney with any tandoori snack or starter.
1. cashew yogurt
2. or almond yogurt
3. or 1 small tomato
4. or a bit of lemon juice at times, i make this chutney with tomatoes and it taste equally good.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url - pudina chutney recipe on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
how to make pudina chutney
1: take 3 to 4 tablespoon curd (dahi or yogurt) in a bowl and whisk it till its smooth. add 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 1 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder) and salt to the curd and mix well.
2: in a blender or wet grinder take 1.5 cup freshly rinsed mint leaves (pudina), 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 chopped green chili, 1 small chopped onion, 2 to 3 garlic cloves and ½ inch chopped ginger.
3: grind with a little water to a smooth paste. mix the green chutney paste with the curd.
4: with a spoon start to blend both the green chutney and curd. continue to mix and blend till the whole pudina chutney becomes uniform and in one color. check the pudina chutney for salt and seasonings and add more if needed.
5. serve the pudina chutney immediately or serve it cold with any tandoori snack or starter recipe.