Curd sandwich recipe with step by step photos – quick, easy and tasty sandwich recipe with a spiced veggie curd filling.
Sandwiches as a snack has many fans. Most sandwiches are easy and quick enough to prepare. also there are many variations one can do in the stuffing. This recipe of curd sandwich can also be called as raita sandwich. For hungry kids or even adults, these make a quick snack or brunch option. Since curd is added, I would not recommend to pack these sandwiches in tiffin box.
Tips for making curd sandwich
- We usually prefer to grill curd sandwiches, but you can also just have them plain or toast the bread separately and then place the curd filling in it.
- Do use thick curd, hung yogurt or greek yogurt to make the filling.
- For the sandwich stuffing, I have used a mix of cabbage, carrots and capsicum.
- I have also added steamed corn kernels. Instead of corn kernels you can also add steamed or boiled green peas or boiled potatoes. Do note that all the veggies are raw except the steamed corn kernels. if you want you can even blanch the cabbage leaves and then add. Lettuce leaves can also be added.
- For the seasoning, I have used mixed herbs. the recipe is more international style and not spicy. You can Indianize the recipe by adding Indian herbs & spices like coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, chaat masala, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
Serve curd sandwiches plain or accompanied with some potato chips or banana wafers. You can also serve these dahi sandwiches with any dip or sauce of your choice.
If you are looking for more Sandwich recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup tightly packed finely chopped or grated carrots
- ¼ cup boiled or steamed corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capsicum (bell pepper) - can use green or red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions or onions
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt or thick curd or hung curd - 90 grams
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper or add as required
- some dried herbs like oregano , thyme, basil or mixed herbs, add as required
- red chili flakes or finely chopped green chilies, add as required
- salt as required
- butter as required
- 8 to 10 bread slices, whole wheat or brown or multigrain or white bread
- First rinse and finely chop the veggies in a food chopper or a food processor or with a knife.
- Add ⅓ cup greek yogurt or thick curd or hung curd.
- Season with ⅓ teaspoon black pepper or you can add as per taste. Also add some dried herbs like oregano, thyme or basil or mixed herbs, red chili flakes and salt as required.
- You can also add chopped green chilies, instead of red chili flakes.
- Mix very well.
making curd sandwich
- Take the bread slices and spread some butter on them.
- Cover with the remaining buttered bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches in a preheated sandwich maker.
- Grill till crisp and golden.
- Remove and serve curd sandwich hot or warm plain or with any dip or sauce of your choice.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
How to make dahi sandwich or curd sandwich
Making stuffing for curd sandwich
1. First rinse and finely chop or grate the veggies in a food chopper or a food processor or with a knife. You will need ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage, ¼ cup tightly packed finely chopped or grated carrots, 2 tablespoons finely chopped capsicum and 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions or onions. Also add ¼ cup boiled or steamed corn kernels. You can skip corn if you want. You can also boiled green peas and boiled potatoes.
2. Add ⅓ cup greek yogurt or thick curd or hung curd.
3. Season with ⅓ teaspoon black pepper powder or you can add as per taste. Also add some dried herbs like oregano, thyme or basil or mixed herbs as required. Also add red chili flakes and salt as required. You can also add chopped green chilies, instead of red chili flakes.
4. Mix very well.
Making curd sandwich
5. Take the bread slices and spread some butter on them. I have used whole wheat bread. You can use any bread of your choice like brown bread, white bread or whole wheat sandwich bread.
6. Cover with the remaining buttered bread slices.
7. Place the curd sandwiches in a preheated sandwich maker.
8. Grill the curd sandwich till crisp and golden.
9. Remove and Serve hung curd sandwich hot or warm plain or with any dip or sauce of your choice.