Kachumber salad recipe – kachumber or kuchumber salad is a good side dish that goes well with almost any Indian dishes. Basically kachumber is onion-tomato-cucumber salad tossed with Indian spices and herbs.
I always mention about kachumber in most of the Indian recipes I post, but never had a separate post on this Indian salad.
In old time, when most families were staying in joint family then it was the norm to have a complete meal which includes rice, chapati, vegetable sabzi, Dal, salad, Curd, Pickle And Chutney. the best part about such meal was that they used to give us all the nutrition needed for our body. But now most of us stay in nuclear families and we don’t have time to make such elaborate meals everyday.
In the current time, its important that we eat raw veggies and make it a part of our diet and that’s where salads become such an important part of our meals. You can easily include cucumber, carrot, tomato, onion, lettuce, radish, bell peppers, blanched beans, boiled corn, boiled peas, Moong sprouts and alfalfa sprouts in your salads.
In this kachumber, adding green chili is optional. Only add if you are used to eating raw green chilies 🙂 however you can spice this salad with some red chili powder if not adding chilies.
If you are looking for more Salad recipes then do check:
Kachumber salad recipe below:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 small sized cucumber, chopped
- 4 to 5 mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro leaves)
- ½ or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- a few lemon pieces for garnish
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder - optional
- 1 green chili or ¼ teaspoon red chili powder - optional
- black salt or rock salt or regular salt as required
- After cutting the vegetables take all of them in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Toss the salad well so that the ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice, if required
- Serve the kachumber salad immediately.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later