Cabbage coleslaw is an easy and simple coleslaw recipe with a mayonnaise dressing. Gluten-free and vegan.
Coleslaw is a salad that is said to have originated from Netherlands. Basically its a cabbage salad that has a mayonnaise dressing or sour cream in some instances.
I made this coleslaw to go with some homemade veg burgers. the leftover coleslaw, we had them in sandwiches.
I have used only cabbage and spring onions in the coleslaw and did not add carrots. You can add grated carrots if you prefer. I used a store brought mayonnaise to make the coleslaw. You can use homemade too if you have it.
This is an easy coleslaw recipe and gets done quickly if you have food processor for shredding the cabbage. Otherwise shredding the cabbage with a knife also works well.
Coleslaw can be had as a side dish like salads or even added as filling in burgers and sandwich recipes. When I make burgers or sandwiches, I usually end up making coleslaw.
If you want to use coleslaw in a sandwich then you can check this Coleslaw sandwich. The other way we like coleslaw is with some french fries wrapped in bread or buns and dressed with some mustard and coleslaw.
If you are looking for more Salad recipes then you may like:
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ or ½ cup chopped spring onions (scallions or onions)
- ¼ to ½ cup grated carrot - optional
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, eggless or vegan
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- 1 teaspoon sugar or as required
- salt as required
- black pepper as required
- In a mixing bowl, take the mayonnaise first.
- Then add the lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir and mix well.
- Then add the cabbage and spring onions. mix again very well.
- Serve or use the cabbage coleslaw in your sandwiches or burgers.
- You can also refrigerate it for 2-3 days.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.