121 diwali sweets recipes
(121 diwali sweets recipes like ladoos, halwa, kheer and popular diwali sweets like gulab jamun, kaju katli, boondi ladoo, suji halwa etc.)
diwali or deepavali is the festival of light, festivity and celebration. No celebration or festival is complete without sweets. During this auspicious occasion make sweets at home rather buying from outside and share it with your family, friends and loved ones. this year diwali is on 7th nov, 2018.
in many parts of india, during diwali night sweets are given to the neighbors and friends. in old days, ladies used to make everything at home. but now the times are changing. i specially remember those funny occasions when at times, the sweet box which you have given to your neighbour has come back to you after moving in a circle.
mostly, so much sweets and snacks are made during diwali that it is difficult to eat everything. so mostly people keep on passing the sweet boxes further. its a good time to start anything new or positive in life, donate your old clothes to poor people or make any kind of donation. on this note, lets start the day with some sweets.
for easy of reading, i have divided this diwali sweets recipes post into 6 parts:
- 35 diwali special sweets recipes
- 20 ladoo recipes
- 15 kheer recipes
- 18 halwa recipes
- 8 barfi recipes
- 23 diwali sweets snacks
diwali special sweets recipes
1. kaju katli recipe – thin, smooth, melt in the mouth slices of cashew goodness. one of the most popular indian sweet made with cashews and sugar.
2. jalebi recipe – crisp, crunchy, syrupy jalebi recipe. traditional method of making delicious jalebi at home.
3. besan ladoo recipe – a popular ladoo made from gram flour, powdered sugar and ghee. an easy and tasty ladoo recipe. just make sure to roast the gram flour (besan) well, till it starts releasing the ghee and also will starts giving nutty fragrance.
4. gulab jamun recipe – a tried, tested and easy recipe to make delicious melt in the mouth gulab jamun with khoya and paneer (cottage cheese). this gulab jamun recipe is easy for beginners too and they can also make these soft and tasty gulab jamuns.
5. kala jamun recipe – easy and delicious recipe of kala jamuns made with khoya and paneer. this recipe is perfect for small parties or get togethers. make the jamuns a day before and keep them soaking in the sugar syrup in the refrigerator. these kala jamuns stay well for about a week in the fridge.
6. mysore pak recipe – a popular and famous sweet from mysore and made with just three main ingredients – besan, ghee and sugar.
7. cham cham recipe – cham cham is a popular milk based sweet. milk is curdled to get chenna or coagulated milk solids. this chenna is further kneaded and then shaped in cylindrical or oblong pieces, which are then cooked in sugar syrup.
8. rasgulla recipe – soft. spongy delicious milk based sweet soaked in sugar syrup. rasgulla is one of the most popular indian sweet. in this rasgulla recipe, i have tried to give tips and suggestions wherever possible, so that you can also make these soft and spongy rasgullas at home.
9. kalakand recipe – this kalkand is a jhatpat (quick) recipe. only two ingredients are required – sweetened condensed milk and paneer or chenna. stir for 15 minutes. allow to set the kalakand for a couple of hours and you have the kalakand ready.
10. malpua recipe – a traditional north indian sweet of soft, fluffy and yet crisp pancakes coated with sugar syrup and served with rabri or thickened sweetened milk. malpuas have to be served hot or warm.
11. rabri recipe – a traditional indian sweet of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream. also known as lachha rabri in hindi. preparing rabri is easy but you have to give it attention. there is no short cut method to this traditional recipe. so i do suggest to prepare this recipe when you are working in your kitchen and cooking something else too. but remember not to get absent minded while making rabri.
12. basundi recipe – basundi is a sweet thickened milk, flavored with cardamom and nutmeg, with the addition of dry fruits. this milk based dessert is popular in the western part of india, specially in the states maharashtra and gujarat.
13. rasmalai recipe – one of the popular bengali sweet of spongy cottage cheese balls aka rasgullas soaked in thickened and sweetened milk. i would suggest making the rasgullas a day or two before and then later make the rasmalai. dividing work this way makes it easy.
14. kada prasad recipe – karah prashad is a smooth, soft, velvety and rich halwa made with whole wheat flour (atta). one of the delicacies that is served in gurudwara as a prasad is this super delicious halwa known as kada prashad. its everybody’s favorite sweet.
15. 7 cup barfi recipe – easy and delicious south indian sweet that can be made for any festive or religious occasion. 7 cup barfi includes 7 cups or 7 measures of ingredients. it is also called as 7 cup cake.
16. doodh peda recipe – this peda recipe is made with khoya or mawa is one of the popular indian sweets. making peda with khoya is easy, quick and does not take much time. these milk pedas taste super delicious and are just like the pedas you get in mithai shops.
17. shankarpali recipe – a sweet snack which is usually made during festive occasions like diwali in maharashtra. these slightly flaky, melt in the mouth crisp fried flour cookies are a good tea time snack and popular in western india. few more similar snacks you can make are:
18. shakkar pare recipe – north indian sweet of crisp, flaky, fried flour cookies coated with crystallized sugar.
19. whole wheat nankhatai recipe – easy recipe and method to make nankhatais with atta or whole wheat flour. since they are made from atta, they are a better alternative than nankhatais made with all purpose flour (maida). i have also added besan to give some crumbly texture.
20. rice kheer – a favorite indian dessert made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron. to make this kheer more flavorful you can add saffron strands and dry fruits of your choice. we always add almonds, cashews and golden raisins along with saffron and cardamom.
22. shahi tukra recipe – rich, royal mughali dessert of fried sugar syrup coated bread topped and soaked with fragrant creamy sweet thickened milk or rabri and garnished with dry fruits.
23. double ka meetha recipe – easy and delicious recipe of hyderabadi style double ka meetha made with sweetened condensed milk. this recipe method is an easy and albeit quick version of double ka meetha. here condensed milk is used to replace rabri or thickened milk. hence this eliminates the need of making sugar syrup. another sweet snack you can make with bread is this bread gulab jamun recipe.
24. sandesh recipe – easy bengali sweet recipe made with cottage cheese. another delicious variation is this chocolate sandesh recipe. making sandesh is not difficult and is an easy recipe and this step by step tutorial will help you further to make these delicious sweet at home.
25. gujiya recipe – gujiya is a deep fried pastry stuffed with a sweet filling of khoya. gujiya is very much popular in north india, especially during holi festival. its not they are made only during holi. they are also made during diwali. there are many variations of gujiya. one such variation posted on blog is this apple gujiya recipe.
26. karanji recipe – crisp flaky fried pastry stuffed with desiccated coconut and dry fruits. a well made karanji has an outer crisp & flaky cover. its melt in the mouth with a sweet coconut based stuffing inside. the outer crisp cover of karanji gives you a taste of having a savory snack whereas the inner sweet filling makes it a sweet dish to relish. thus this very popular dish has two in one flavors of a sweet savory snack.
27. nevris recipe – nevris are deep fried pastries made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with grated coconut, jaggery and dry fruits. nevri is the goan version of the maharashtrian karanji and the north indian gujiya. this goan sweet has to be consumed in 2 to 3 days due to fresh coconut in it. but they don’t last long as they are too delicious.
28. boondi ladoo – a popular indian sweet made from gram flour batter and sugar syrup. there are two types of boondi ladoos. one is a soft textured one and the other is a crisp hard one. both these ladoos have some variations in the method and the consistency of sugar syrup, thus yielding different textures. this ladoo recipe give a soft textured boondi ladoos.
29. motichoor ladoo – melt in the mouth ladoos made from gram flour. one of the most popular indian sweet. the method to make motichoor ladoos is similar to boondi ladoo. the major difference between boondi ladoo and motichoor ladoo is the size of the tiny boondi (fried gram flour balls). boondi ladoo has the gram flour balls bigger in size and motichoor ladoos have smaller ones. both the ladoos are made from gram flour or besan batter and taste awesome.
30. rava kesari – a popular south indian sweet made from semolina, ghee, dry fruits and saffron. specially made during festivals. rava kesari’s north indian counterpart is sooji ka halwa.
31. sooji halwa – classic indian semolina pudding made with ghee and dry fruits. sooji halwa is a quick and easy halwa which is often made in most indian homes.
32. chhena poda recipe – a delicious dessert popular in odisha. its made with chenna or fresh paneer. the entire dish is baked. its said that chhena poda is the favorite sweet of lord jagannath (the presiding deity of puri jagannath temple in odisha).
33. besan ka halwa – a delicious halwa made from gram flour, ghee, sugar, dry fruits and cardamom powder. both ghee and dry fruits gives a rich flavor to this dessert.
34. pressure cooker cake recipe – spongy and a soft, light textured delicious cake made in pressure cooker. this eggless sponge cake recipe is very easy. no beating and no whipping required. the recipe can be doubled too.
35. chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker – the chocolate cake is soft, moist and light and tastes like dutch truffle cake. this chocolate cake can also be made in the oven.
36. poornam boorelu recipe – one of the most popular sweet snack from andhra cuisine is poornam boorelu. these are deep fried snacks made with a stuffing of chana dal+jaggery and coated with rice+urad dal batter (similar to dosa batter).
37. balushahi recipe – balushahi is a famous north indian sweet. in south india, the same sweet is called as badusha or badhusha. this balushahi is a tried and tested recipe and gives you one of the best balushahi you will make exactly like the ones you get in the halwai or mithai shop. the outside is crisp and the inside is soft and slightly flaky.
38. mishti doi recipe – mishti doi is a classic bengali sweet made with milk, curd culture and jaggery or sugar. the jaggery used traditionally to make mishti doi is palm jaggery. in bengali language ‘mishti’ means sweet and ‘doi’ is curd. in hindi language mishti doi can be called as meetha dahi.
39. sookha gulab jamun recipe –these delicious dry gulab jamuns are made with khoya (mawa) and paneer. dry is the english word for ‘sukha’ in hindi. as the name suggests these jamuns do not have sugar syrup served with them. hence these gulab jamuns are known as sukha jamuns.
ladoo recipes for diwali festival
1. coconut ladoo – melt in the mouth ladoos made with desiccated coconut and sugar syrup. just a three ingredient recipe and one which does not take a lot of time to make. easy vegan recipe.
2. rava ladoo – quick and easy ladoo recipe made with semolina, khoya (evaporated milk solids) and desiccated coconut. gets done in 20 minutes. the rava ladoo recipe is very easy and does not go into the consistency of sugar syrup. for more delicious rava recipes, you can check this collection of 25 rava recipes.
3. dry fruits ladoo – no sugar ladoos made with dry fruits. this is an easy and quick recipe for making these healthy and delicious ladoos for the festive season. these ladoos can also be gift wrapped and sent to your family or friends during the diwali festival. these ladoos can be had during fasting or navratri vrat also. you can also check this hyderabadi sweet dish of khubani ka meetha made with dried apricots.
4. badam ladoo – quick, easy and tasty ladoos made with almonds, jaggery and raisins. this recipe of badam ladoo is made with just 4 ingredients and within 20 minutes the ladoos can be made. badam ladoos make for a healthy sweet snack.
5. peanut ladoo recipe – easy two ingredient recipe of ladoos made with roasted peanuts and jaggery. these peanut ladoos stay good for about a week at room temperature and for 15 to 20 days in the fridge. you can serve these ladoos plain or even serve it as a sweet snack in the tiffin box. the recipe can also be easily doubled or tripled.
6. til gud ke ladoo recipe – easy recipe of delicious ladoos made with sesame seeds, peanuts, desiccated coconut and jaggery. these sesame jaggery ladoos taste great. there are many ways til ladoos are made. two more versions i have shared are:
- sesame seeds ladoo – where the jaggery syrup is cooked till a soft ball consistency.
- til khoya ladoo recipe – where the ladoo are made with sesame seeds powder and khoya.
7. maladu or maa ladoo – quick south indian ladoo made from roasted gram or roasted chana dal. it takes less than 15 minutes to makes these ladoos. they are not only delicious but very nutritious and healthy also.
8. malai ladoo – two ingredient easy paneer ladoo recipe made with milk and sugar. malai ladoo is a popular sweet from the north indian cuisine. for more delicious paneer recipes you can check this collection of 77 paneer recipes.
9. narkel naru recipe – narkel naru are delicious coconut ladoos from the bengali cuisine. narkel naru can be made with sugar or jaggery. this recipe of narkel naru is made with jaggery. for the jaggery you can use the jaggery made from sugarcane juice or palm jaggery.
10. atta ladoo recipe – easy and quick to prepare delicious ladoos made with whole wheat flour, sugar and ghee.
11. ragi ladoo recipe – quick, easy and tasty ragi ladoo made with three ingredients – ragi, jaggery and ghee. ragi is a very good source of calcium.
12. poha ladoo recipe – quick and delicious ladoo made with thick poha (flattened rice or parched rice), jaggery and ghee. these poha ladoos are not only quick to make but also make for a good sweet snack for kids.
14. coconut ladoo recipe with khoya – quick and easy melt in the mouth coconut ladoos made with khoya or mawa.
15. instant coconut ladoo recipe – 2 ingredient delicious ladoos that are pretty quick to make. the 2 main ingredients are sweetened condensed milk and desiccated coconut.
16. urad dal ladoo recipe – tasty and delicious ladoos made with urad dal, ghee and sugar. these urad dal ladoos are easy to make and are protein rich ladoos.
17. suji ladoo with khoya – quick and easy to prepare melt in the mouth rava ladoo made with rava (sooji or cream of wheat), khoya, milk, sugar and ghee. this recipe is quick and can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
18. pori urundai – a crunchy, crisp, light, delicious, easy ladoo recipe which gets ready in minutes made with puffed rice. for this recipe, you can also use puffed flattened rice (puffed poha) instead of puffed rice. they are also known as murmura ladoo or puri unde.
19. sattu ladoo recipe – quick and easy ladoos made from roasted chana flour, jaggery and ghee. these sattu ladoos are a healthy option for everyone in the family.
20. coconut ladoo – three ingredient quick and easy coconut ladoos made with fresh coconut, condensed milk and cardamom powder.
note: for more delicious ladoo recipes you can check this collection of 26 ladoo recipes.
kheer recipes for diwali festival:
1. phirni – a classic creamy sweet pudding made with powdered rice, milk, almonds, saffron and cardamom. sweetened with sugar. phirni is often made in north india on festive occasions or special celebrations like diwali as well as for karwa chauth festival.
2. rice pudding recipe – creamy smooth pudding or kheer made with leftover cooked rice, milk and sugar. flavored with ground cinnamon and cardamom.
3. semiya payasam recipe – one of the easiest sweets that can be made for any festive occasion is semiya payasam. semiya are vermicelli and payasam akins to pudding. making seviyan payasam does not take much time and the entire dish can be brought together in a matter of about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. sheer khurma – a rich sweet dessert made with vermicelli, milk, dates, dry fruits and ghee. sheer korma is a rich mughlai dessert. this delicious sweet pudding is an excellent dessert to be made in winters as it has lot of dry fruits which give a lot of heat & warmth to the body. best to have the sheer kurma hot or warm during winters.
5. badam kheer recipe – a delicious creamy kheer made with blanched almond paste, milk and saffron. badam kheer recipe looks similar to badam milk, but the taste as well as the consistency is different. badam kheer is creamier and thicker as compared to badam milk which is a light refreshing beverage drink.
6. aval payasam recipe – delicious poha payasam made with flattened rice, ghee and milk. aval is the tamil name of poha. poha is flattened rice and easily available in india. in the recipe i have used thick poha, but you can also use thin poha. even red poha can be used. this poha payasam gets done in 20 to 25 minutes. so for festive occasions or on auspicious days, you can consider making payasam as one of the naivedyam, since they are easy to make.
7. sooji kheer – a quick and easy kheer made with sooji (rava or cream of wheat). the sooji kheer recipe gets done in about 20 minutes and is so simple that even a newbie can make it easily. for more delicious sooji recipes you can check this collection of 27 rava recipes.
8. paal payasam – sweet and creamy simple south indian kheer made with rice and milk. this is the simplest payasam recipe. only four ingredients go in the payasam – rice, milk, sugar and ghee.
10. pineapple payasam – south indian payasam made with pineapple, coconut milk and jaggery. use pineapple which is sweet and not sour. i always use fresh pineapple for desserts that i make. you can also use canned, but the fresh taste and flavors go very well in a dessert.
11. ragi kheer recipe – sweet dessert made with ragi flour (finger millet flour), milk, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee.
12. sabudana payasam recipe – south indian version of sabudana kheer. this sweet creamy dessert is also called as javvarisi payasam in tamil language. in this recipe you don’t need to soak sabudana, but do note that cooking sabudana without soaking takes more time than if they were soaked and cooked later. you can also check this sabudana kheer recipe.
13 makhana ki kheer – phool makhana kheer is a dessert that is often made during navratri fasting or vrat. we generally use makhana during fasting as it makes for a good vrat or fasting food. its light on the stomach and nutritious too. makhana is rich in calcium, protein, carbohydrates, phosphorous, iron, thiamine and zinc. makhana have a neutral taste. you can spice it up the way you want.
14. lauki kheer – easy and tasty recipe method to make kheer from bottle gourd or opo squash or dudhi or ghia. this lauki kheer can also be made during fasting days like navratri or ekadashi. another sweet dish you can make with lauki is lauki halwa.
15. oats kheer recipe – delicious kheer made with quick cooking oats or rolled oats, milk, ghee and dry fruits.
16. chana dal payasam recipe – a delicious sweet dessert made with coconut milk, chana dal and jaggery.
note: for more delicious kheer and payasam recipes you can check this collection of 29 kheer recipes.
halwa recipes for diwali festival
1. carrot halwa recipe – gajar halwa is a classic indian dessert made with grated carrots and milk. gajar halwa is made for any celebrative occasion or season. its an evergreen indian dessert. this is a step by step recipe to make gajar halwa.
2. badam halwa – south indian style delicious badam halwa recipe. the recipe gives a really good badam halwa, which has the right sweetness and a lovely texture which is not soft and firm. but kind of between. one which gives a heavenly feeling when you savor the halwa. this is a heavy dessert and just a few spoons of it is enough.
3. banana sheera – banana sheera or banana semolina pudding is often made during ganesh puja or satyanarayan puja or devi puja or for any auspicious occasion. banana sheera is also made to be served as a prasad. prasad means a gift from the divine. it also means food that is first offered to the deity and then served to the devotees.
4. milk kesari – this version of rava kesari is made with milk and not water. so it is more rich.
5. saffron sooji halwa – semolina pudding flavored with saffron. one of the most popular halwa recipe during festive or religious occasions.
6. moong dal halwa – a popular and rich halwa recipe from north india. made with mung lentils. step by step recipe.
7. atte ke halwa – a smooth sweet pudding made with whole wheat flour. this is a healthy halwa recipe and to make it more nutritious you can add dry fruits of your choice like almonds, cashews or raisins. another popular variation of this halwa is karah prashad which is served in gurudwaras.
8. beetroot halwa – a slow cooked dessert recipe of halwa with grated beetroots, milk, sugar, cardamom and dry fruits. the halwa has a beautiful color and looks good. you can make it more nutritious by addition of dry fruits. you can also check this quick beetroot halwa recipe made with khoya.
9. kesari bath – rich karnataka style sweet made with rava (cream of wheat), sugar, dry fruits and ghee. kesari bhath is quick to prepare and just takes about 20 minutes. it can be served as breakfast or sweet snack or as a dessert after meals.
10. apple halwa – apple halwa with cinnamon and vanilla. the best part of this apple halwa is that its not a heavy dessert as no milk, cream or evaporated milk (khoya) is added in the halwa.
11. pineapple kesari – melt in the mouth south indian sweet made with cream of wheat, ghee, sugar & pineapple cubes.
12. ragi halwa – sweet dessert made from ragi flour, ghee, sugar and milk. ragi is also known as nachni or red millet. ragi has many health benefits and is a rich source of calcium.
13. ash gourd halwa – delicious kashi halwa made with ash gourd or white pumpkin.
14. gajar halwa recipe in pressure cooker – easy and a less time taking recipe of preparing gajar halwa in pressure cooker.
16. carrot halwa with milkmaid – easy and quicker method to make the halwa. this is a quick method than the traditional one and takes less time.
17. fruit kesari – rich south indian sweet made with cream of wheat, mixed fruits and dry fruits.
18. karachi halwa recipe – soft and melt in the mouth delicious karachi halwa which is also known as bombay halwa. karachi halwa is made with basically four ingredients – corn flour, ghee, water and sugar.
19. bread halwa recipe – bread halwa is a variation of halwa made with bread slices. to make bread halwa, bread cubes are first fried or roasted in ghee and later cooked with milk and sugar. the taste of bread halwa is like that of bread pudding. thus it tastes good.
note: for more delicious halwa varieties you can check this collection of 31 halwa recipes.
barfi recipes for diwali festival
1. kaju barfi recipe – this is a quick kaju barfi recipe made in less than 20 minutes. the kaju barfi tastes almost like kaju katli, but due to mawa or khoya it tastes more rich and soft in texture.
2. barfi recipe – a really easy and quick basic recipe of barfi made with khoya or mawa. this recipe just takes about 20 minutes right from the preparation to the cooking.
3. coconut burfi recipe – an easy step by step recipe of coconut barfi made with condensed milk. these coconut barfis have a melt in the mouth soft texture. you can also make coconut ladoos with the same mixture.
4. dry fruits barfi recipe – a simple and easy recipe to make dry fruit barfi. i have not added any sugar in the recipe. the sweetness comes from dates, figs and raisins. there is absolutely no need to add any sugar in this recipe. this is a guilt free sweet that you can enjoy any time.
5. besan barfi recipe – traditional indian sweet of a rich and delicious barfi made with gram flour, sugar and ghee. it is one of those traditional sweets that is loved by everyone including kids.
7. nariyal barfi recipe – a delicious, soft barfi made from fresh grated coconut, khoya milk, ghee, cardamom powder and sugar. a quick barfi recipe made in less than 30 minutes.
8. paneer barfi recipe – easy to prepare paneer barfi with cottage cheese (paneer), condensed milk and cream.
diwali sweets and snacks recipes
1. nankhatai recipe – easy to make nankhatais or indian shortbread cookies, spiced with cardamom and nutmeg. nankhatai is a popular sweet cookie cum snack recipe which is equally liked by kids as well as elders. during diwali, nankhatai is made in many homes. few more popular snacks which are made during diwali festival are:
2. puran poli recipe – its one of the most popular maharashtrian recipe which is made during ganesh chaturthi or diwali or any other festive occasion in maharashtra. puran poli is a flat bread stuffed with a sweet lentil filling made from chana dal (skinned spilt bengal gram) and jaggery. you can also check this bobbatlu or holige recipe.
3. panjiri recipe – a traditional punjabi sweet made with whole wheat flour or atta. serve this panjiri sweet anytime just as it is or with some warm milk. panjiri stays good for many weeks at room temperature. the recipe can be doubled or tripled but the cooking time will increase.
4. malai kulfi recipe – easy and delicious kesar pista malai kulfi recipe made without condensed milk or mawa (khoya). i have also posted quick version of kulfi with khoya. for more such delicious recipes you can check this collection of 12 kulfi and ice cream recipes.
5. punjabi puda recipe – tasty pancakes made with whole wheat flour and fennel seeds. this is a very simple and easy punjabi delicacy made using few ingredients. the main flavor in this dish comes from the fennel seeds (saunf).
6. piyush recipe – thick, creamy sweet beverage made with shrikhand, yogurt and milk. piyush is popular in the maharashtrian and gujarati cuisine of western india. piyush is a bit similar to the popular beverage lassi. but in comparison, piyush is thick, creamy and sweeter than lassi. obviously as shrikhand is added. shrikhand itself is thick, creamy and sweet.
7. sweet paniyaram recipe – crisp, soft and porous sweet paniyaram made with leftover idli batter. vegan and gluten free snack. paniyarams are a nice snack or a tiffin variety that you can make with leftover idli batter. i have also posted kuzhi paniyaram recipe.
8. dry fruits karanji recipe – deep fried pastry made from whole wheat flour & stuffed with mawa, dry fruits, poppy seeds and desiccated coconut. the best karanjis are the ones which have a flaky, crispy exterior with a delicious filling inside.
9. zarda pulao recipe – meethe chawal or zarda pulao is a fragrant sweet pulao made with rice, dry fruits and saffron. this zarda pulao recipe gives a really delicious pulao and will be loved by both grown ups and kids. there are various dry fruit and nuts that you can add in the pulao. i have used a mix of cashews, almonds and pistachios. raisins are also added.
10. kalkal recipe – a deep fried sweet pastry that comes from the goan cuisine. kalkals have a flaky as well as soft melt in the mouth texture. kalkal are made with all purpose flour (maida) and ghee. then they are deep fried and then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
11. sweet pongal recipe – sweet porridge like dish made with rice and mung lentils, flavored with cardamoms and dry fruits. sweet pongal is also known as sakkarai pongal in tamil language and is a sweet dish made during festive occasions in south india. you can also check these other variations:
12. meethi seviyan recipe – a sweet dessert made from seviyan (whole wheat vermicelli), ghee, milk, dry fruits and sugar. this is a quick dessert recipe which is done in less than 20 minutes. sweet vermicelli is usually made during festive occasions.
13. shrikhand recipe – a traditional indian sweet made with hung curd and flavored with saffron and cardamom. in both maharashtrian and gujarati weddings, shrikhand is served in the thali meal. you will also see shrikhand being served in the thali meals in restaurants. two more variations of shrikhand which you can make are mango shrikhand and shrikhand with greek yogurt.
14. banana appam recipe – sweet appams or paniyarams made with ripe bananas, rice flour and jaggery. these banana appams make for a healthy sweet snack. i used over ripe bananas to make these. though you can even use ripe bananas. few more delicious recipes you can make with bananas are:
15. wheat appam recipe – quick sweet appams made with whole wheat flour, bananas and jaggery. these appams make for a nice evening snack. they stay for a week in the fridge. from the recipe i got about 40 appams.
16. butter cookies recipe – crisp and tasty butter cookies made from whole wheat flour. these eggless cookies have the buttery taste and flavor and are also crisp.
17. mangalore buns recipe – mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. a specialty of mangalore in karnataka.
18. chocolate cake recipe – tasty chocolate cake recipe made with whole wheat flour (atta). the cake is soft and moist and can be used a base cake for various chocolate frostings. for more delicious chocolate recipes you can check this collection of 24 chocolate recipes.
19. coconut cookies recipe – easy eggless coconut cookies made with whole wheat flour, jaggery and desiccated coconut. these can be made in a jiffy and the only time taking part is the baking time. for more cookies recipes you can check this collection of 12 cookies and biscuits recipes.
20. mawa cake recipe – cardamom spiced eggless buttery cake with a caramelized milky flavor. made with mawa or khoya, whole wheat flour and butter. for more delicious cake recipes you can check this collection of top 10 eggless cakes recipes.
21. fruit custard recipe – easy recipe of delicious custard made with mixed fruits. fruit custard can be served chilled or immediately.
22. unniyappam recipe – unniyappam are sweet fritters made with rice, banana, a few spices and coconut. unniyappam is one of those special sweets snacks from kerala and are also served in the onam sadya. unniyappam are also offered as prasad in some temples in kerala.
23. chocolate chip cookies recipe – soft textured and a slight chewy chocolate chip cookies made without eggs. these cookies are made from whole wheat flour or atta. the flour which we use for making rotis.
wishing happy diwali to all readers and friends.