dry fruits laddu recipe with stepwise photos – an easy and quick recipe for making healthy and delicious dry fruits ladoo for the festive season. this recipe is a no ghee/oil, no sugar and a vegan recipe.
i have used dates, figs, almonds, raisins, desiccated coconut to make these ladoos. skip the desiccated coconut if you don’t like the coconut aroma.
there is no exact recipe to make dry fruits laddu. the proportions of the dry fruits can vary according to your choice. just make sure the dates & figs are a little extra. since the dates and figs here help in binding the ladoos. there is absolutely no need to add any sugar to the recipe. the sweetness from the dates, figs and raisins makes for enough sweetnees in the ladoos…. in fact a little extra sweet.
use pitted dates. if the dates have seeds, then remove the seeds and chop them. these ladoos can also be gift wrapped and sent to your family or friends during the diwali season.
the best part of this ladoo recipe is that they can be had for the navratri fasting season giving a good dose of nutrition and energy….. as well for the diwali festival when you want to make something quick & easy sweet or dessert. they are good for growing up kids also and they are going to love it. these ladoos can also be taken with a glass of hot milk for breakfast. you can also check this badam ladoo, badam halwa and dry fruits barfi recipe.
addition of gond or edible gum is also possible in these ladoos. i have a similar recipe which uses dates and edible gum. these will be perfect during the indian winters since they are warming to the body. since the gond ladoos are ideal for winters, i will be making them in winters. shall post the recipe then.
if you are looking for more diwali sweets then do check:
dry fruits laddu
INGREDIENTS FOR dry fruits laddu
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons almonds or badam
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 8 whole dry figs
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut, optional
- 2 green cardamom pods, peeled and seeds crushed in a mortar-pestle
HOW TO MAKE dry fruits laddu
- firstly begin to roast the almonds in a pan till they get browned.
- keep stirring the almonds at intervals.
- whilst the almonds are roasting, chop the dates and figs.
- also peel the cardamom pods and powder the seeds coarsely in a mortar-pestle.
- in a dry grinder add the chopped dates, figs, cashews, raisins, almonds, desiccated coconut and the coarsely powdered cardamom powder.
- add the roasted almonds.
- grind to a coarse mixture and spread on a tray or plate or take the mixture in a bowl.
- make small balls from your hands and the dry fruits laddu are ready.
- serve the dry fruits laddu immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate. dry fruits ladoo stays good for a few days
- the recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- if the figs are too dry, then soak them in hot water for a couple of hours. then drain them well and then chop them.
few steps to make dry fruits laddu recipe
1: firstly begin to roast the almonds in a pan. keep stirring the almonds at intervals.
2: whilst the almonds are roasting, chop the dates and figs. also peel the cardamom pods and powder the seeds coarsely in a mortar-pestle.
3: in a dry grinder add the chopped dates, figs, raisins, almonds, cashews, desiccated coconut and the coarsely powdered cardamom powder. add the roasted almonds. its alright if they are hot or warm. grind to a coarse mixture and spread on a tray or plate or take the mixture in a bowl.
4: make small balls from your hands and the dry fruit ladoos are ready.
5: serve the dry fruits laddu immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate. dry fruits ladoo stays good for a few days but i don’t think they will last so long as they are really delicious and will get over soon.