oats kheer recipe with step by step photos. delicious kheer made with quick cooking oats, milk, ghee and dry fruits. thought of sharing this sweet recipe as i get a lot of requests for oats recipes.
this is a quick and simple oats kheer recipe. you can serve the kheer for breakfast or as a dessert after meals. ghee gives a rich flavor and aroma to the kheer. oats gives a nice texture to the kheer and dry fruits add nutty flavor.
oats kheer recipe can be made in less than 20 minutes. so if you are in a rush, then you can easily make this dessert quickly. most of the ingredients for this dessert are easily available in the kitchen.
oats kheer can be served warm or chilled. adding dry fruits and saffron is optional. you can serve this oats kheer warm or chilled.
oats kheer recipe card below:
oats kheer recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 3 cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar or add as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder (choti elaichi powder)
- 1 pinch saffron strands (kesar) - optional
- 3 to 4 almonds (badam) - chopped (optional)
- 3 to 4 pistachios (pista) - chopped (optional)
- 6 to 7 cashews (kaju) - chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins (raisins) - chopped (optional)
how to make recipe
- chop all the dry fruits, keep all the ingredients ready for the oats kheer recipe.
- heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
add ½ cup oats.
- stir well and saute for 2 to 3 mins on low flame.
- then add 3 cups of milk. add 1/3 cup sugar. mix well.
simmer oats kheer for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame, till the oats soften.
- add chopped dry fruits, raisins, pinch of saffron strands and 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
simmer for 2 minutes more and switch off the flame.
don't boil the oats kheer too much else it will become a thick kheer. when the oats kheer cools down then it will thicken more.
serve oats kheer warm or chilled as a breakfast or dessert post meals.
- adding dry fruits and saffron is optional. you can skip dry fruits if you want.
- you can add dry fruits of your choice.
this rough nutrition info is per serving:
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
how to make oats kheer recipe step by step:
1. chop the dry fruits and keep all the ingredients ready for making oats kheer recipe.
2. heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a kadai or pan.
3. add ½ cup oats.
4. stir well and saute for 2 to 3 mins on a low flame.
5. then add 3 cups of milk.
6. next add ⅓ cup sugar. you can add less or more sugar as per your requirements.
7. mix very well.
8. simmer the kheer mixture for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame or till the oats soften.
9. then add chopped dry fruits, raisins, pinch of saffron strands and ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder.
10. simmer for 2 minutes more and switch off the flame. don’t cook the oats kheer too much else it will become a thick kheer. as when the kheer cools down, then it will thicken more.
serve oats kheer warm or chilled as a breakfast or a sweet dessert after meals. for more delicious kheer recipes, you can check this collection of 24 kheer recipes.