chocolate chip cookies recipe – sharing a step by step recipe of making a really easy one bowl healthy eggless chocolate chip cookies.
these cookies are not the usual crisp and chewy cookies. they have a cake-like soft texture and a bit of chewiness. they are slightly crisp from out and soft from the center. the chocolate chip cookies are made from whole wheat flour or atta. the flour which we use for making roti.
i have used chakki ground atta here. you can also make them from all purpose flour. for health reasons, i use whole wheat flour in cookies and muffins. i do make whole wheat cookies and muffins at times since they are good and healthy. these also make for a nice sweet breakfast or evening snack for us with some warm milk or hot coffee. they can also be served in the tiffin box as a sweet side snack for kids.
this chocolate chip cookie recipe is a quick one and there is no waiting period like keeping the cookie dough in the fridge. right from mixing everything to preparing the dough it takes about 20 minutes, excluding the baking time.
these eggless cookies can be served plain or used as toppings on ice creams like vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream or choco chip ice cream or pistachio ice cream or on custard or puddings.
how to make chocolate chip cookies
1. in a bowl take all the wet ingredients – milk, curd/yogurt, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
2. add sugar and whisk the mixture till the sugar is dissolved.
3. directly sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt into the wet mixture.
4. add chocolate chips.
5. mix everything first with a spatula or with your hands.
6. then gently gather the whole mixture and form a dough. just mix everything well and don’t knead. the dough is just slightly sticky. if the dough feels very sticky, then add a few tbsp of flour and mix again. if dry, then add a few tbsp of milk.
baking chocolate chip cookies
7. make small or medium sized balls of the dough and flatten them a bit. these chocolate chip cookies don’t flatten too much while baking. so if you want a flat cookie, then flatten them with your hands. spread some oil on your hands while shaping the cookies. place the chocolate chip cookies on a greased baking tray.
8. bake chocolate chip cookies in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius for 15 to 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden. oven temperatures vary, so do be attentive to the baking cookies in the oven. if you make flat and thin cookies, then they will take less time to bake.
9. remove the cookies, when still hot and place them on a wired rack for cooling.
10. once cooled, serve the cookies immediately or store in an airtight jar or box. serve these chocolate chip cookies with milk or coffee.
few yummy cookies recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 tablespoon oil (sunflower or rice bran or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon curd (yogurt)
- 6 to 7 tablespoon whole milk (the quantity can be added more or less depending on the quality of flour)
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or regular vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 130 grams
- 3 tablespoon organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar. you can also add as required (for a just about sweet taste 2.5 tablespoon works well. for a more sweeter taste - add 3 tablespoon. for less sweetness, add 2 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- preheat your regular oven to 200 degrees celsius/390 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 minutes before you bake the cookies. for a microwave oven use the convection mode and preheat at 180 degrees celsius/350 degrees fahrenheit.
- in a bowl take all the wet ingredients - milk, curd/yogurt, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- add sugar and whisk the mixture till the sugar is dissolved.
- directly seive whole wheat flour/atta, baking soda and a pinch of salt into the wet mixture.
- add chocolate chips.
- mix everything first with a spatula or with your hands.
- then gently gather the whole mixture and form a dough. don't knead the mixture. the dough is slightly sticky.
- if the dough feels very sticky, then add few tbsp of flour and mix again. if dry, then add a few tbsp of milk.
making chocolate chip cookies
- make small or medium sized balls of the dough and flatten them a bit. these chocolate chip cookies don't flatten too much while baking.
- so if you want a flat cookie, then flatten them with your hands. spread some oil on your hands while shaping the cookies. place the cookies in a greased tray.
- bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius/390 degrees fahrenheit for 15 to 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden.
- just keep an eye when the cookies are getting baked in the oven. keep the tray in the center rack with both the top and bottom heating elements on.
- for a microwave oven in the convection mode, use 180 degrees celsius/350 degrees fahrenheit for baking the cookies. if you have made thin and flat cookies, they will get baked faster.
- remove when still hot and place them on a wired rack
- once cooled, serve them immediately or store in an air tight jar or box. serve these eggless chocolate chip cookies with milk or coffee.
- instead of oil you can also use same amount of melted butter.