121 diwali sweet recipes
(121 diwali sweets recipes like ladoos, halwa, kheer and popular diwali sweets like gulab jamun, kaju katli, boondi ladoo, suji halwa etc.)
diwali or deepavali is the festival of light, festivity and celebration. No celebration or festival is complete without sweets. During this auspicious occasion make sweets at home rather buying from outside and share it with your family, friends and loved ones. this year diwali is on 19th Oct, 2017.
in many parts of india, during diwali night sweets are given to the neighbors and friends. in old days, ladies used to make everything at home. but now the times are changing. i specially remember those funny occasions when at times, the sweet box which you have given to your neighbour has come back to you after moving in a circle.
mostly, so much sweets and snacks are made during diwali that it is difficult to eat everything. so mostly people keep on passing the sweet boxes further. its a good time to start anything new or positive in life, donate your old clothes to poor people or make any kind of donation. on this note, lets start the day with some sweets.
diwali sweets recipes
- rasgulla – soft and spongy milk based sweet soaked in sugar syrup. one of the most popular indian sweet.
- gulab jamun – made with milk powder. you can also check this easy gulab jamun recipe made with khoya.
- kala jamun – easy jamun made with khoya and paneer.
- sookha gulab jamun – dry gulab jamuns made with khoya (evaporated milk solids) and paneer.
- kalakand – moist, granular two ingredient kalakand recipe in 15 minutes. made with paneer and sweetened condensed milk.
- shahi tukra – rich, royal mughali dessert of fried sugar syrup coated bread topped and soaked with fragrant creamy sweet thickened milk or rabri and garnished with dry fruits.
- malpua – popular indian sweet of fried fluffy pancakes dipped in sugar syrup and served with rabdi or sweetened thickened milk.
- rabri – a traditional indian sweet of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream. also known as lachha rabri in hindi.
- rasmalai – cottage cheese balls soaked in thickened, sweetened and flavored milk. a popular indian sweet.
- jalebi – crisp, crunchy, syrupy jalebi recipe. traditional method of making jalebi.
- basundi – quick and easy recipe of sweet thicknened milk flavored with cardamom and dry fruits.
- sandesh – easy bengali sweet recipe made with cottage cheese. you can also check this chocolate based variation – chocolate sandesh.
- milk pedas or doodh pedas – super quick and easy sweet recipe.
- sweet potato gulab jamun – soft gulab jamuns made with sweet potatoes or shakarkandi.
- eggless pressure cooker cake recipe – spongy and a soft, light textured delicious cake made in pressure cooker.
diwali sweets recipes – ladoos
- coconut ladoo – very easy and quick ladoo recipe. you can also check the recipe of coconut ladoo made with condensed milk.
- besan ladoo – popular ladoos made from roasted gram flour. quick and healthy sweet.
- boondi laddu – popular indian sweet made from gram flour batter.
- motichor laddu – melt in the mouth ladoos made from gram flour.
- rava ladoo – quick and easy recipe of rava ladoo made with semolina, khoya and desiccated coconut. gets done in 20 minutes.
- dry fruits ladoo – very easy, quick and healthy ladoos.
- almond ladoo – quick and easy ladoos made with badam jaggery and raisins.
- peanut ladoo – easy two ingredient recipe of ladoos made with roasted peanuts and jaggery.
- til ladoo – simple recipe of ladoos prepared with sesame seeds, jaggery, peanuts and desiccated coconut.
- sabudana ladoo – made from tapioca pearls. good for festival days as well as for fasting days.
- maladu or maa ladoo – quick ladoos made from roasted chana dal. ideal for diwali festival. under 15 minute sweet recipe.
- malai laddu – two ingredient easy paneer ladoo recipe.
- atta ladoo – easy and quick to prepare delicious ladoos made with whole wheat flour, sugar and ghee.
- ragi ladoo – quick, easy and tasty ragi ladoo made with three ingredients – ragi, jaggery and ghee.
- poha ladoo – quick and delicious ladoo made with thick poha (flattened rice or parched rice), jaggery and ghee.
- moong dal ladoo – delicious ladoos made with moong lentils, ghee and sugar.
- urad dal ladoo – tasty and delicious ladoos made with urad dal, ghee and sugar.
- pori urundai – a crunchy, crisp, light, delicious, easy ladoo recipe which gets ready in minutes made with puffed rice.
- til gud ke ladoo – easy recipe of delicious ladoos made with sesame seeds, peanuts, desiccated coconut and jaggery.
- coconut ladoo recipe with khoya – quick and easy melt in the mouth coconut ladoos made with khoya or mawa.
diwali sweets recipes – kheer or payasams
- phirni – a classic creamy sweet pudding made with powdered rice, milk, almonds, saffron and cardamom.
- rice kheer – popular north indian dessert made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron.
- sheer khurma – a rich sweet dessert made with vermicelli, milk, dates, dry fruits and ghee.
- paneer kheer – one easy recipe of soft sweet fudge made with cottage cheese (paneer), condensed milk and cream.
- seviyan kheer – vermicelli kheer is often served during festival or any occasion of celebration.
- sooji kheer – a quick and easy kheer made with semolina/rava.
- carrot payasam – creamy and smooth payasam made with carrots, jaggery and coconut milk.
- rice payasam – made with coconut milk and jaggery. vegan recipe
- paal payasam – simple south indian kheer made with rice and milk.
- pumpkin kheer – a flavorsome, easy to prepare, traditional sweet dish with pumpkin
- sabudana kheer – sweet pudding made with tapioca pearls or sabudana and milk.
- makhane ki kheer – made from lotus makhana.
- ragi kheer – sweet dessert made with ragi flour (finger millet flour), milk, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee.
- oats kheer – delicious kheer made with quick cooking oats or rolled oats, milk, ghee and dry fruits.
- matar kheer – easy recipe of kheer made from fresh green peas.
- vegan seviyan kheer – very popular indian vermicelli pudding.
- orange kheer – a rare kheer recipe.
diwali sweets recipes – halwas or puddings
- gajar halwa – classic indian sweet dessert made from carrots for special occasions like diwali, dussehra or celebration time. you can also make gajar halwa with milkmaid or with almond milk (vegan) or even make it in microwave.
- banana sheera – banana halwa ganesh puja or satyanarayan puja or devi puja or for any auspicious occasion.
- rava kesari – south indian counterpart of north indian sooji halwa. few variations of rava kesari are pineapple kesari, milk kesari and fruits kesari recipe.
- sooji halwa – semolina pudding made for festive occasions in north india. you can also check suji halwa recipe flavored with saffron strands.
- moong dal halwa – addictive and delicious halwa made from mung lentils.
- atte ka halwa – a smooth sweet pudding made with whole wheat flour.
- badam halwa – delicious halwa made with almonds.
- beetroot halwa – a slow cooked dessert recipe of halwa with grated beetroots, milk, sugar, cardamom and dry fruits.
- besan halwa – a delicious besan halwa made from gram flour, ghee, sugar and cardamom powder.
- kaddu ka halwa – sweet pudding made with pumpkin along with cardamom, melon seeds and dry fruits.
- apple halwa – easy and healthy dessert.
- lauki halwa – sweet indian dessert made from bottle gourd.
- ragi halwa – sweet dessert made from ragi flour, ghee, sugar and milk. ragi is also known as nachni or red millet. ragi has many health benefits and is a rich source of calcium.
- sweet potato halwa – vegan sweet recipe made from shakarkandi.
- papaya halwa – vegan dessert made from raw papaya
- mango halwa – sweet and smooth pudding with mango flavors.
- ash gourd halwa – delicious kashi halwa made with ash gourd or white pumpkin.
diwali sweets recipes – barfi
- kaju katli – one of the most popular indian sweet made with cashews and sugar. step by step recipe with tips.
- quick barfi – really easy and quick basic recipe of barfi made with khoya or mawa. this basic barfi recipe can be adapted to make different kinds of barfi with various flavors. eg adding cocoa powder will give you chocolate barfi.
- coconut barfi – an easy step by step recipe of coconut barfi made with condensed milk.
- dry fruits barfi – easy method and recipe of dry fruit barfi. no sugar added.
- badam kaju katli – easy recipe of badam kaju barfi or almond cashew fudge.
- paneer barfi – quick and easy cottage cheese kheer for the festive season. ready in less than 25 minutes.
- kesar burfi – vegan sweet recipe.
- pista badam barfi – quick to prepare barfi with almonds, pistachios and khoya (mawa or evaporated milk solids)
- gajar burfi – easy and a quick recipe of barfi made with carrots.
diwali sweets recipes – sweet snacks
- nankhatai – popular sweet cum snack recipe. indian shortbread cookies or biscuits. you can also check this whole wheat nankhatai recipe.
- shakkar pare – north indian sweet of crisp, flaky fried flour crispies coated with sugar syrup.
- karanji – crisp flaky fried pastry stuffed with desiccated coconut and dry fruits. you can also check dry fruit karanji recipe.
- goan nevris – deep fried pastries made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with grated coconut, jaggery and dry fruits.
- gujiya – crisp flaky pastry stuffed with a sweet khoya filling. sharing both fried and baked version of gujiya for diwali. you can also check this apple gujiya recipe.
- eggless chocolate mousse – creamy and smooth chocolate mousse.
- puran poli – sweet flat bread stuffed with sweet lentil stuffing.
- piyush – thick, creamy sweet beverage made with shrikhand, yogurt and milk. summer cooling drink.
- panjiri – a traditional punjabi sweet made with whole wheat flour/atta.
- punjabi puda/poora – easy punjabi sweet dish of whole wheat pancake.
- falooda – layered summer dessert beverage made with milk, rose syrup, sabja seeds, falooda sev, dry fruits and ice cream.
- vanilla ice cream – basic eggless vanilla ice cream. no ice cream maker required.
- dark chocolate avocado mousse – quick and healthy eggless and vegan mousse recipe.
- jaggery rice – punjabi sweet rice recipe.
- eggless bread butter pudding – easy to prepare pudding with whole wheat bread, butter and eggless custard.
- sweet paniyaram – crisp, soft and porous sweet paniyaram made with leftover idli batter. vegan & gluten free snack.
- yereappa recipe – yereappa are appams or sweet dumplings, a gluten-free sweet dish, prepared using rice, jaggery and coconut.
- semiya kesari – sweet festive dish made with vermicelli, dry fruits and ghee.
- chocolate fudge – a quick recipe of preparing chocolate fudge with just 3 ingredients.
diwali sweets recipes – with fruits
- fruit custard – mixed fruits with custard. a popular indian dessert.
- khubani ka meetha – a popular hyderabadi dessert made with dried apricots.
- custard apple cream – a creamy vegan custard apple dessert.
- trifle pudding – easy trifle pudding with mixed fruits.
- amaranth yogurt parfait – healthy and nutritious parfait made with popped amaranth, yogurt, honey, fruits & dry fruits.
- banana rasayana – a simple sweet dish made with ripe bananas , coconut milk and jaggery. the dish is from karnataka cuisine.
- whole wheat flour appam – instant appams made with whole wheat flour, jaggery and bananas.
- banana pooris or mangalore buns – mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. a specialty of mangalore in karnataka.
- banana pancake – quick and tasty pancakes made with bananas, whole wheat flour (atta) and jaggery.
- fruit lassi – a quick 15 minute lassi made with mix fruits.
wishing happy diwali to all readers and friends.