32 sweets recipes for navratri fasting
this is a collection of 32 sweets which you can make for navratri vrat or fasting. fasting and feasting usually does not go together. because the whole concept of fasting is to eat light food which is easy to digest and is not spicy. so that it does not give any excitement to the mind. thus it helps the person who is keeping fast to focus his/her energy and mind on worshiping the goddess diety or do meditation or any other religious act. so usually the fasting food is very light on stomach and devoid of most spices.
if you have eaten fasting food made from fasting flours like singhare ka atta or kuttu ka atta, then you must have felt that the food is very light and you feel as if you have not eaten any thing or you feel at times low in energy levels. sometimes, the fasting diet does not suit everyone and specially, if you are keeping fast for many days… as many people keep fast on all 9 days of navratri festival.
so if you are feeling weak or feel like having sweets during navratri fast then consider trying these delicious sweets as they are not heavy on stomach and are made from the ingredients allowed for navratri vrat. you can also refer this post mentioning navratri recipes & fasting rules. if you feel weak or low in strength while fasting then consider including lot of fruits, juices and milk products in your fasting diet. you can also check these collections of
- 80 navratri fasting recipes
- 45 south indian navratri recipes
- 12 potato recipes for navratri fasting,
- 11 sabudana recipes for navratri fasting.
- 7 arbi recipes for fasting
collection of 32 navratri sweets recipes:
1. sabudana kheer – sweet pudding made with tapioca pearls or sabudana and milk. step by step recipe.
2. coconut ladoo – made with desiccated coconut. just a three ingredient recipe and one which does not take a lot of time to make. these are melt in the mouth ladoos. step by step recipe.
3. sweet potato halwa or shakarkandi halwa – delicious halwa made with boiled mashed sweet potatoes scented with cardamom and saffron. step by step recipe.
4. paneer kheer – quick and easy cottage cheese kheer for the festive season. ready in less than 25 minutes.
5. makhane ki kheer – phool makhane ki kheer – north indian dessert made from healthy foxnuts or phool makhana.
6. samvat rice kheer – a creamy kheer made with samvat rice or sama ke chawal or barnyard millet.
7. rajgira kheer – simple easy dessert pudding made with amaranth grains (rajgira or ramdana).
8. badam ladoo recipe – quick and easy ladoos made with almonds, jaggery and raisins.
9. lauki kheer – easy recipe method to make kheer from bottle gourd or opo squash or dudhi or ghia.
10. dry fruits ladoo – these ladoos give a good dose of nutrition and energy during fasting. no sugar, no fat ladoos made with dry fruits. a vegan recipe.
11. sabudana ladoo – easy indian sweet made from tapioca pearls and dessicated unsweetened coconut. step by step recipe.
12. vrat ka halwa – a north indian pudding made with singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour) and kuttu ka atta (buck wheat flour).
13. pumpkin kheer recipe – a flavorsome, easy to prepare, traditional navratri sweet dish with pumpkin.
14. shrikhand – a traditional indian sweet made with hung curd and flavored with saffron and cardamom.
15. rabri recipe – a traditional indian sweet of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream. also known as lachha rabri in hindi.
16. carrot halwa – a traditional slow cooked recipe of carrot halwa with just carrots, milk, ghee, sugar and a few dry fruits.
17. sandesh recipe – a very popular cottage cheese sweet fudge from bengal.
18. rasmalai – cottage cheese balls soaked in thickened, sweetened and flavored milk. a popular indian sweet.
19. rasgulla recipe – soft and spongy milk based sweet soaked in sugar syrup. one of the most popular indian sweet.
20. kaju katli – one of the most popular indian sweet made with cashews and sugar.
21. peanut ladoo – a two ingredient easy recipe of delicious ladoos made with roasted peanuts and jaggery. these peanut ladoos stay good for about a week at room temperature and for 15 to 20 days in the fridge.
22. kaju badam burfi – easy recipe of badam kaju barfi or almond cashew fudge.
23. papaya halwa – an indian dessert made with semi ripe papaya. step by step recipe.
24. kaddu ka halwa – sweet pudding made with pumpkin along with cardamom, melon seeds and dry fruits.
25. badam halwa – rich south indian style halwa made with blanched almonds, ghee and sugar.
26. sitaphal cream – custard apple cream or sitaphal cream – a creamy vegan custard apple dessert.
27. carrot burfi recipe – easy, quick and tasty recipe of carrot burfi made with 4 ingredients. the recipe of carrot burfi is similar to the way gajar halwa is made.
28. pista badam barfi recipe – quick to prepare barfi with almonds, pistachios and khoya (mawa or evaporated milk solids).
29. pressure cooker carrot halwa – easy and a less time taking recipe of preparing gajar halwa in pressure cooker.
30. piyush recipe – this is a smooth and creamy beverage popular in the maharashtrian and gujarati cuisine of western india. piyush is a bit similar to the popular beverage lassi. but in comparison, piyush is thick, creamy and sweeter than lassi. obviously, as shrikhand is added. shrikhand itself is thick, creamy and sweet.
31. beetroot halwa recipe – a slow cooked dessert recipe of halwa with grated beetroots, milk, sugar, cardamom and dry fruits.