Pomegranate juice recipe with step by step photos. The step by step tutorial shows you how to cut open the pomegranates and remove the seeds (arils) easily. The step by step pictures also explains an easy method to extract the juice from the pomegranate seeds (arils) using a mixer-grinder or blender. Pomegranate juice is one of the healthiest juices.
Fruit juices are healthy beverages and they help during summers too. this post was in the drafts from a long time, so decided to share it during the summers. Most of the times we have fruits directly and on occasions I prepare juices from them. Till now, I have posted many Fruit juices recipes on blog like:
In this post, I have shared the Method of removing pomegranate arils (seeds) in an easy way, without the juice falling all over the kitchen tiles or on your clothes. Some years back I had read this method on the web and I find it very easy to remove the pomegranate seeds using this technique, without messing up the kitchen.
Also I have used a blender to prepare the juice and so the method is slightly different. If you use an electric juicer, then just add the seeds in the juicer and extract the juice. The post shares the method of preparing pomegranate juice recipe in a blender or mixer. So you can use any number of pomegranates considering the size of the blender jar you have. I have also posted How to make orange juice in a mixer blender.
I have used locally grown organic pomegranates. these pomegranates had a light pink color but were sweet. Depending on the variety, the seeds may have a deep crimson to a light pink color.
If you are looking for more summer beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
- 2 medium to large pomegranates
- 1 pinch black salt, optional
preparation to make pomegranate juice
- Rinse 2 medium to large pomegranate. Slice off the top part thinly.
- Then cut each pomegranate in 4 parts.
- Take a bowl of water and place the chopped pomegranates in it.
- Keep the pomegranates immersed in water and with your fingers remove the pomegranate seeds (arils).
- The seeds settle down and the white pith floats on top. Remove the pith and discard them.
- Drain all the water using a strainer.
making pomegranate juice
- Add the pomegranate arils in a blender, grinder or mixer jar. blend well.
- Take a pan or bowl and keep a juice strainer on it. Now pour the pomegranate juice in the strainer.
- Using a spoon and stirring it often, extract the juice. Press well so that all juice is extracted
- Pour the juice in glasses and serve pomegranate juice.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Preparation to make pomegranate juice
1. Rinse 2 medium to large pomegranates. Slice off the top part thinly.
2. Then cut each pomegranate in 4 parts.
3. Take a bowl of water and place the chopped pomegranates in it.
4. Keep the pomegranate immersed in water and with your fingers remove the pomegranate seeds (arils). the seeds settle down and the white pith floats on top. Remove the pith and discard them.
5. drain all the water using a strainer.
Making pomegranate juice
6. add the pomegranate arils in a blender, grinder or mixer jar.
7. Blend well.
8. Take a pan or bowl and keep a juice strainer on it. Now pour the pomegranate juice in the strainer.
9. Using a spoon and stirring it often, extract the juice. Press well so that all juice is extracted.
10. Here’s the extracted pomegranate juice.
11. Pour in glasses and Serve pomegranate juice.