ice cream fruit salad recipe with step by step pics. as the title of the recipe implies, fruit salad with ice cream is a mix of various fruits and nuts served with ice cream. fruit salad with ice cream is one of the dishes that is featured in the desserts section in the menu of many north indian restaurants.
there are some desserts that have been requested by many readers and fruit salad with ice cream is one of them. i make a simple fruit salad with some chopped nuts. i do not add any sugar syrup in the fruit salad for this recipe. the fruits are already sweet, so there is absolutely no need of increasing the sugar content by adding sugar solution or honey or any sweetener.
in this recipe, i have just made the fruits salad and served with homemade vanilla ice cream. you can even make custard or jelly and serve these with the fruit salad and ice cream. in place of vanilla ice cream, you can even use other ice cream recipes like:
i have used seasonal fruits like sapota (chikoo), mangoes, dragon fruit, strawberries and banana. you can add a mix of various fruits which you like, but you have to consider some points mentioned below.
tips for making ice cream fruit salad
- use seasonal fruits or fruits which are in season. avoid sour tasting mangoes or strawberries. if using strawberries then make sure they are sweet.
- always use fresh, ripe and sweet tasting fruits only.
- fruits should ideally not be eaten after a meal. its always better to have fruits atleast half an hour or 1 hour before the meal or a couple of hours after meals.
- avoid mixing acidic, citrus fruits with sweet fruits.
- avoid using citrus fruits with milk based items like ice cream or custard.
- fruits are highly perishable and don’t have a long shelf life once chopped. so its always better to consume them fresh.
serve ice cream fruit salad as a summer dessert.
if you want to check few more fruits based recipes then i suggest following recipes:
ice cream fruit salad
INGREDIENTS FOR ice cream fruit salad
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium sized mangoes
- 4 to 5 small to medium chickoo (sapota)
- 10 to 12 strawberries
- 1 dragon fruit
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds & pistachios
- vanilla ice cream as required
- a few chopped nuts for garnish
- some slices of strawberries for garnish
HOW TO MAKE ice cream fruit salad
- rinse, peel and chop the fruits. take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl.
- mix them with a spoon.
- add 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- mix the chopped nuts with the mix fruits.
- add the fruit salad mixture in bowls or ice cream cups.
- place two to three scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the fruit salad.
- garnish with a few slices of strawberries or any fruit or berries. also sprinkle some chopped nuts from top.
- serve ice cream fruit salad straight away.
how to make ice cream fruit salad
1. rinse, peel and chop the fruits. take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl. you can refrigerate the fruits for some hours and then chop them.
2. mix them with a spoon.
3. add 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios.
4. mix the chopped nuts with the mix fruits.
5. add the fruit salad mixture in bowls or ice cream cups.
6. place two to three scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the fruit salad.
7. garnish with a few slices of strawberries or any fruit or berries. also sprinkle some chopped nuts from top.
8. serve fruit salad with ice cream straight away.