A really fun and easy salad recipe made with a medley of fresh fruits and nuts, topped with scoops of ice cream. All the favorite things together. What else can you really ask for when you have this Fruit Salad With Ice Cream in front of you. You may enjoy it as a snack or dessert, this is a choice that is completely yours.
Table of Contents
About Fruit Salad With Ice Cream
Fruit Salad With Ice Cream is an extremely popular dessert at many Indian restaurants. I get it why. Because it is really simple to put together some fruits and top it with ice cream. A sure shot winner recipe there, loved by all!
At home, I have my version where I toss a quick fruit salad, add some nuts to make it a little more bingeworthy and finish with a homemade Ice Cream. No extra sugar syrup or any other sweetener goes in this recipe as I chose to use fruits that are naturally sweet.
You may opt for any seasonal fruits of your choice apart from the ones that I have used in this recipe. You can serve this combination of Fruit Salad With Ice Cream with jellies and Custard too.
This is another Simple Fruit Salad recipe that has all the goodness in it, just minus the ice cream. So, it is a lot healthier, but at the same time scrumptious too.
How to make Fruit Salad With Ice Cream
1. Rinse, peel and chop the fruits:
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium size mangoes
- 4 to 5 small to medium sapota (chickoo)
- 10 to 12 strawberries
- 1 dragon fruit
Take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl. You can refrigerate the fruits for some hours and then chop them.
Feel free to include the fruits that you like, but avoid melons and citrus fruits as they are not compatible with milk products.
2. Mix them with a spoon.
3. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios or your preferred nuts and dry fruits.
4. Mix the chopped nuts with the mixed fruits.
5. Divide the fruit salad mixture in 6 bowls or ice cream cups or as needed.
6. Place two to three scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the fruit salad.
7. Garnish with a few slices of strawberries or any fruit or berries. Also, sprinkle some chopped nuts from top.
8. Serve Fruit Salad With Ice Cream And Nuts straight away.
Salads are so good
Cold or warm, for summer or winters, tangy or sweet, for meals or snacking – the versatility of a salad knows no boundaries!
It is fun, colorful, refreshing, filling, usually easy to make and packs a whole lot of nutrition in just one bowl. And when you’re in a party mode, you can even jazz up your salads and make them sinfully bingeworthy!
So, if you are looking for goodness in a bowl, a salad is your best bet! Apart from this decadent Fruit Salad With Ice Cream, here’s my handpicked list that I really feel you should give a try.
- Vegetable Salad – After fruits, vegetables are my favorite thing. So, I can’t really miss mentioning a hearty salad done with a mélange of fresh veggies. What’s more? There’s crunchy seeds and nuts, sweet hints of dried fruit and a tangy pop of feta too.
- Russian Salad – I would call this gluten-free, vegan preparation as the Russian roulette of salads. But in the most amazing and harmless way! This salad is delish, gets done under 30 minutes and really filling.
- Green Papaya Salad – There is rest of Thai food, and then there is Som Tam. This unique and refreshing salad is believed to have originated in the region of Isan, Northeast Thailand. It has got all those ingredients that can result in an instant burst of yummy umaminess on your palate.
- Kosambari – As it is called in South India and ‘koshimbir’ in Maharashtra, this is a very homely, yet earthy moong lentils and cucumber salad. A sizzling temper is poured on the mixture of lentils, veggies, coconut and lemon, making it all the more lovely.
- Sprouts Salad – Talk of salads, and I have to include the protein rich, vegan, gluten-free and low fat one made with moong bean sprouts and other nutritious ingredients. One of my go-to salad recipes, so much that I can have it for any meal of the day.
- Corn Salad – I love corn and this salad recipe is my ode to this healthy cereal grain. Great for a quick and cooling summer meal. If you feel like jazzing it up, add croutons, tomatoes or any other vegetable, herb or spice of your choice.
- Raw Mango Salad – You cannot not like mangoes in a salad too, because the ‘king of fruits’ is really stunning in each and every aspect! This one is an easy crunchy, spicy and tangy salad made with unripe, green mangoes and onions.
- Avocado Salad – A super salad made with a superfood. Avocados are one of those fruits that are the richest in Vitamin E, fiber, potassium, magnesium and folate. Dunk chopped avocado in a bowl, add in some onion, tomato, fresh herbs and a dash of tangy lemon dressing. Voila! Eat your way to goodness.
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Fruit Salad With Ice Cream
- 1 banana – medium to large
- 2 mangoes – medium-sized
- 4 to 5 sapota (chikoo), small to medium
- 10 to 12 strawberries
- 1 dragon fruit – optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts (cashews, almonds and pistachios)
- 6 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream or as required
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (cashews, almonds and pistachios), for garnish
- 5 to 6 strawberry slices – for garnish
- Rinse, peel and chop the fruits. Take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl.
- Mix them with a spoon.
- Add chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- Mix the chopped nuts with the mixed fruits.
- Divide the fruit salad mixture into 6 bowls or ice cream cups.
- Place two to three scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the fruit salad.
- Garnish with a few slices of strawberries or any fruit or berries. Also, sprinkle some chopped nuts from top.
- Serve the Fruit Salad With Ice Cream straightaway.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Fruit salad with Ice Cream recipe from the archives first published in April 2018 has been updated and republished on April 2023.