As the title of the recipe implies, this summer fruit salad with ice cream is a mix of various fruits and nuts served with ice cream.
Fruit salad with ice cream is one of the dishes that is featured in the desserts section in the menu of many North Indian restaurants.
I make a simple fruit salad with some chopped nuts. I do not add any sugar syrup in this recipe. The fruits are already sweet, so there is absolutely no need of increasing the sugar content by adding sugar solution or honey or any sweetener.
I have used seasonal fruits like sapota (chikoo), mangoes, dragon fruit, strawberries and banana. You can add a mix of various fruits which you like, but you have to consider some points mentioned below.
Tips for making summer fruit salad with ice cream
- Use seasonal fruits or fruits which are in season. Avoid sour tasting mangoes or strawberries. If using strawberries then make sure they are sweet.
- Always use fresh, ripe and sweet tasting fruits only.
- Fruits should ideally not be eaten after a meal. Its always better to have fruits at least half an hour or 1 hour before the meal or a couple of hours after meals.
- Avoid mixing acidic, citrus fruits with sweet fruits.
- Avoid using citrus fruits with milk based items like ice cream or custard.
- Fruits are highly perishable and don’t have a long shelf life once chopped. So its always better to consume them fresh.
In this recipe, I have just made the salad and served with homemade Ice cream. You can even make custard or jelly and serve these with the fruit salad and ice cream. You can add any ice cream recipes of your choice like:
Serve as a summer dessert.
How to make Summertime Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
1. Rinse, peel and chop the fruits. Take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl. You can refrigerate the fruits for some hours and then chop them.
2. Mix them with a spoon.
3. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios.
4. Mix the chopped nuts with the mix fruits.
5. Add the fruit salad mixture in bowls or ice cream cups.
6. Place two to three scoops of Vanilla ice cream on top of the fruit salad.
7. Garnish with a few slices of strawberries or any fruit or berries. Also sprinkle some chopped nuts from top.
8. Serve fruit salad with ice cream straight away.
If you want to check a few more fruits based recipes then I suggest the following recipes:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Summer Fruit Salad with Nuts and Ice Cream
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium sized mangoes
- 4 to 5 small to medium chickoo (sapota)
- 10 to 12 strawberries
- 1 dragon fruit - optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds & pistachios
- vanilla ice cream as required
- a few chopped nuts for garnish
- some slices of strawberries for garnish
- Rinse, peel and chop the fruits. Take the chopped mixed fruits in a bowl.
- Mix them with a spoon.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts like cashews, almonds and pistachios.
- Mix the chopped nuts with the mix fruits.
- Add the fruit salad mixture in bowls or ice cream cups.
- Place two to three scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of the fruit salad.
- Garnish with a few slices of strawberries or any fruit or berries. Also sprinkle some chopped nuts from top.
- Serve summer fruit salad straight away.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.