mint juice recipe – well, i don’t know what to call this drink…mint sherbet, mint panna or lemon mint juice.
since the juice is made from the fresh mint leaves, i have decided to call this excellent summer cooler, mint juice. it is a super cooling drink and you will love it if you love mint.
i have so much of mint growing in my balcony garden. i do make a lot of pudina chutney, mint coriander chutney, mint pulao, mint raita and also make mint chai everyday, plus also put a lot of mint in salads and rice dishes.
mint is one herb that grows easily. it is very easy to plant and you don’t need special seeds for it.
when you buy mint next time, after taking the leaves, preserve the stems which have roots on it.
in a pot with mud, push the mint stems with the roots inside the soil. water and wait. water everyday as it is very hot now. after some days you will see small tiny mint leaves appearing from the stems. soon they will start to flourish.
whenever you want any mint, just remove the leaves or cut the stem. you don’t have to remove the whole plant from the mud like we do for coriander or other herbs. just cut the required quantity of stem. the plant will continue to grow.
a few health benefits of mint juice:
- mint is good for digestion.
- it cures morning sickness and nausea.
- it also detoxifies the body
- mint is a good source of vitamin C, B complex vitamins and minerals like calcium, phosphorous, zinc and copper.
- mint also has antiseptic and cleansing properties.
this mint juice also has spice powders like cumin powder which again is good for digestion plus black salt which is again good for digestion. lemon juice is added to preserve the green color of the mint.
mint juice is a great detoxification drink if you are on a detox diet.
i have used jaggery to make the mint juice, hence i did not have the beautiful green color. but if you make it with sugar you will have a lovely green color drink.
a simple, healthy and refreshing drink for the summers… mint juice
also i would like to share with you guys, that recently i was interviewed by the indian and make up beauty blog – IMBB.
if you are into make up, fashion and beauty then do follow or read IMBB. They have plenty of tips and resources to keep yourself beautiful or handsome any day 🙂
also since we are talking about mint… last but not the least… mint is good for the skin too and will give your skin a lovely glow and radiance 🙂
mint juice recipe below:
mint juice recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR mint juice recipe
- 1.5 cups mint leaves (pudina)
- 9 to 10 tablespoon powdered jaggery or sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 3 to 4 teaspoon lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE mint juice recipe
- remove the mint leaves from the stems. rinse in water for a couple of times
- add all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- strain the whole mixture.
- take 1/4 amount of the strained mint juice. add 3/4 amount of water. stir.
- add ice cubes and serve chilled mint juice.
- the sweetness can be adjusted as per your preferences.
- you can also add sugar or honey instead of jaggery.