Cucumber raita recipe With step by step photos – Cucumber raita Is yet another very simple and easy side dish to be made in the fasting season. Cucumber raita is simple, quick and a lovely dish to be had with samvat rice accompanied with vrat ki aloo chaat or jeera aloo or any other vrat recipe.
As far the list of raitas are concerned, my favorite is Mango raita, Boondi raita and Pineapple raita. I do like cucumber raita too, especially for its cooling properties in the hot months. Another raita recipe that you can make with cucumber is this Kerala cucumber kichadi.
Now coming back to the Cucumber raita, all you need are some cucumbers, curd, and roasted cumin seed powder, chaat masala and rock salt or black salt. Thats it. Adding red chili powder is optional and only if you want some spice and heat in the raita.
The cucumber raita can be had as an accompaniment with some sabzi or rotis. Even great with dal-rice. You can also have the raita as a dip with fresh, roasted or baked veggies.
Again some folks squeeze out the water from the grated cucumber and then add it to the curd. I do not squeeze out the water and directly add the grated cucumber to the curd for nutritional reasons.
If you are looking for more Raita recipes Then do check:
Have you made this recipe and liked it? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below or share the recipe on facebook, whatsapp, twitter & pinterest. For recipe updates Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and Twitter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 1 medium sized cucumber, or 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup fresh curd (dahi or yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder/lal mirch powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder
- salt as required, can use rock salt, black salt or regular salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or ½ tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- Rinse the cucumber. Then peel the cucumber and finely chop it. You can also grate the cucumber.
- In a bowl, beat the curd till smooth.
- Add the grated cucumber to the curd.
- Add all the dry spice powders, rock salt or black salt and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and serve cucumber raita.
- You could even garnish the cucumber raita with some coriander leaves or mint leaves.
- The cucumber raita recipe can be double or tripled.
- If you are making cucumber raita for fast/vrat then add rock salt/sendha namak.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
How to make cucumber raita recipe
1. In a mixing bowl, whip the chilled curd till smooth.
2. Then add the finely chopped cucumber. You can even grate the cucumber and then add.
3. Add the spices – 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, ½ tsp chaat masala powder and ½ tsp red chili powder (optional). Also, add salt as per taste.
4. Mix everything very well again.
5. Lastly add 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves. You can also add ½ tbsp chopped mint leaves instead of coriander leaves.
6. Mix again.
7. Serve cucumber raita immediately garnished with a few coriander leaves or mint leaves.