Beetroot carrot raita recipe with step by step photos. this is a healthy, nutritious and beautiful colored raita. when I saw the color of the beetroot carrot raita……. I was like wow 🙂
Somewhere I read that the entire meal should be colorful. a meal full of different colors is not only balanced in the nutrition aspect, but also subtly affects our nadis and chakras. I have also added some chopped capsicum and onions to the raita to give it a crunchiness. However this is optional.
I must say that The beetroot carrot raita went very well with dal-rice. It was so nice and different from the other raitas that we usually have at home. In fact I was only having the raita even after my meal. You can also serve this beetroot carrot raita with pulao or biryani.
Few points for making the raita
- Please note, I have not tempered the raita as I did not think it was necessary. If you would like to add more flavor to the raita, you could temper it.
- If you are making this raita for fasting or religious vrat, then add rock salt (sendha namak). Also avoid adding onions when making for religious vrat or fast as onions are usually not allowed for most religious vrat.
- The raita goes well with most rice based dishes and also with biryani or pulao. The raita taste so good that you can just have it plain.
How to make beetroot carrot raita
1. Grate beetroot and carrot. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for the raita.
2. Smoothen 2 cups of curd with the help of a wired whisk.
3. Add one finely chopped onion and one small finely chopped capsicum. Addition of onion and capsicum is optional. However it adds a lot of crunch to the raita.
4. Add 1 medium sized grated beetroot and 1 medium sized grated carrot.
5. Also add 1 teaspoon cumin powder and salt as required.
6. Mix well.
7. You could also garnish it with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
Serve the Beetroot carrot raita with pulao, biryani or with dal and rice.
Few more tasty recipes for you!
beetroot carrot raita
- 2 cups curd (yogurt)
- 1 medium size beetroot - grated
- 1 medium size carrot - grated
- 1 onion - finely chopped (optional)
- 1 small capsicum - finely chopped (bell pepper), optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- rock salt or black salt to taste
- Smoothen the curd.
- Add all the chopped veggies to it along with the cumin seed powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- You could also garnish it with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Serve the beetroot carrot raita with pulao, biryani or with dal and rice.