Beetroot carrot raita recipe with step by step photos. this is a healthy, nutritious and beautiful colored raita. when I saw the color of the beetroot carrot raita……. I was like wow 🙂
Somewhere I read that the entire meal should be colorful. a meal full of different colors is not only balanced in the nutrition aspect, but also subtly affects our nadis and chakras. I have also added some chopped capsicum and onions to the raita to give it a crunchiness. However this is optional.
I must say that The beetroot carrot raita went very well with dal-rice. It was so nice and different from the other raitas that we usually have at home. In fact I was only having the raita even after my meal. You can also serve this beetroot carrot raita with pulao or biryani.
Few points for making the raita
- Please note, I have not tempered the raita as I did not think it was necessary. If you would like to add more flavor to the raita, you could temper it.
- If you are making this raita for fasting or religious vrat, then add rock salt (sendha namak). Also avoid adding onions when making for religious vrat or fast as onions are usually not allowed for most religious vrat.
- The raita goes well with most rice based dishes and also with biryani or pulao. The raita taste so good that you can just have it plain.
How to make beetroot carrot raita
1. Grate beetroot and carrot. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for the raita.
2. Smoothen 2 cups of curd with the help of a wired whisk.
3. Add one finely chopped onion and one small finely chopped capsicum. Addition of onion and capsicum is optional. However it adds a lot of crunch to the raita.
4. Add 1 medium sized grated beetroot and 1 medium sized grated carrot.
5. Also add 1 teaspoon cumin powder and salt as required.
6. Mix well.
7. You could also garnish it with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
Serve the Beetroot carrot raita with pulao, biryani or with dal and rice.
Few more tasty recipes for you!
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
beetroot carrot raita
- 2 cups Curd (yogurt)
- 1 medium size beetroot - grated
- 1 medium size carrot - grated
- 1 onion - finely chopped (optional)
- 1 small capsicum - finely chopped (bell pepper), optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- rock salt (edible and food grade) or black salt to taste
- Smoothen the curd.
- Add all the chopped veggies to it along with the cumin seed powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- You could also garnish it with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Serve the beetroot carrot raita with pulao, biryani or with dal and rice.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.