Banana milkshake recipe with step by step photos – banana shake is yet another popular milkshake with kids. This milkshake is made with bananas, coconut milk, vanilla powder and cardamom.
When I prepare banana milkshake, I always make it with coconut milk or almond milk. According to ayurveda, the combination of bananas and dairy milk do not go well and this can lead to toxins, laziness, indigestion and slowing down of mind. In short, it creates heaviness in the body.
The banana shake recipe posted here is prepared with thin homemade coconut milk And surprisingly it is much lighter and soothing than banana milkshakes made with milk.
I don’t know what is ayurveda’s stand on using almond milk or coconut milk with banana but I definitely find it much healthier and better way of making banana milkshake than with cow’s milk. Do give it a try.
This banana milkshake is good for children and grown ups who have lactose intolerance. If you want to make the banana milkshake more easy to digest then use bananas which are more ripe. You can also use a pinch of cardamom or cinnamon powder to flavor the milkshake.
How to make banana shake
1. Peel and chop 3 medium sized bananas. Add the chopped bananas in a mixer or blender jar.
2. Then add 2 cups thin coconut milk.
3. Add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 to pinches of vanilla powder. This is Optional and you can skip adding vanilla extract. I add vanilla extract to add some flavor.
4. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar or jaggery. Add sugar or jaggery as required. You can also use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.
5. Blend till smooth.
6. Pour in glasses and serve banana milkshake. you can sprinkle some cinnamon or cardamom powder before serving.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 3 medium size bananas
- sugar or jaggery as required
- 1 to 2 pinch of vanilla powder or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder or cinnamon powder for garnishing - (optional)
- Peel the bananas and chop them.
- Put the bananas, vanilla and coconut milk into the blender.
- Also add the jaggery or sugar as required.
- Blend everything till smooth.
- Pour the milkshake in tall glass and sprinkle cardamom or cinnamon powder.
- Serve the banana milkshake immediately as with time its color and taste start changing. So you can not store this milkshake in the fridge to have it later.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.