apple milkshake recipe with step by step photos – easy and a quick healthy beverage.
during fasting, we always have fruit or fruit based drinks, juices or milkshakes in our diet. since most of the fasting food is carb loaded, it gets essential to balance the diet and include food with proteins and vitamins-minerals.
for this reason, i include amaranth grains, amaranth flour, barnyard millet and buckwheat in our fasting menu. i also use sabudana (tapioca pearls) during fasting. potatoes is a favorite with us, so i do include it at times in our meals. on regular days also we have fruits, but during fasting i increase the quantity as we only have one or two fasting meals a day.
fruit based milkshakes are a good way to have proteins as well as essential vitamins during fasting. plus they are quick and easy to prepare.
in this recipe, i have added cinnamon powder. but if you don’t use cinnamon powder during fasting, then skip it entirely. always serve milkshakes fresh and don’t refrigerate them to be served later. the freshness goes away and the taste also changes.
here i used organic kinnaur apples from himachal pradesh. i always buy these apples as they are not wax coated. the very shiny and glossy looking apples are wax coated. so do check the apples before buying.
if you do not get organic apples, then you can use regular apples. soak the apples in water in which some vinegar has been mixed. soak for 15 to 20 minutes and then thoroughly rinse the apples. use 1 tablespoon vinegar for 1 cup water.
if you are looking for more beverages then do check:
apple milkshake recipe below:
apple milkshake recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 medium sized organic apples, or 1 cup tightly packed chopped apples
- 2 cups thin coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder (dal chini powder) - optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar or add as required
how to make recipe
peel, core and chop the apples. add them in the blender jar along ¼ tsp cinnamon powder and 2 to 3 tbsp sugar. the amount of sugar to be added depends on the sweetness of the apples. so add as required.
with coconut milk or almond milk. blend all the ingredients till smooth.
add the coconut milk or almond milk and blend again.
- pour the apple milkshake in glasses sprinkled with cinnamon powder. you can also add some chopped apple.
you can even use non gmo soy milk or cashew milk.
step by step apple milkshake recipe:
1. peel, core and chop the apples. add them in the blender jar along ¼ tsp cinnamon powder and 2 to 3 tbsp sugar. the amount of sugar to be added depends on the sweetness of the apples. so add as required. if you want you can keep the peels of the apples.
2. add ½ cup thin or medium consistency coconut milk or almond milk.
3. blend all the ingredients till smooth.
4. add the remaining 1.5 cups of coconut milk or almond milk. blend again.
5. pour the apple milkshake in glasses sprinkled with cinnamon powder. you can also add some chopped apple. serve apple milkshake immediately.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe