Apple milkshake recipe with step by step photos – easy and a quick healthy beverage.
During fasting, we always have fruit or fruit based drinks, juices or milkshakes in our diet. Since most of the fasting food is carb loaded, it gets essential to balance the diet and include food with proteins and vitamins-minerals.
For this reason, I include amaranth grains, amaranth flour, barnyard millet and buckwheat in our fasting menu. I also use sabudana (tapioca pearls) during fasting. Potatoes is a favorite with us, so I do include it at times in our meals. On regular days also we have fruits, but during fasting I increase the quantity as we only have one or two fasting meals a day.
Fruit based milkshakes are a good way to have proteins as well as essential vitamins during fasting. Plus they are quick and easy to prepare.
In this recipe, I have added cinnamon powder. But if you don’t use cinnamon powder during fasting, then skip it entirely. Always serve milkshakes fresh and don’t refrigerate them to be served later. The freshness goes away and the taste also changes.
Here I used organic kinnaur apples from himachal pradesh. I always buy these apples as they are not wax coated. The very shiny and glossy looking apples are wax coated. So do check the apples before buying.
If you do not get organic apples, then you can use regular apples. Soak the apples in water in which some vinegar has been mixed. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes and then thoroughly rinse the apples. Use 1 tablespoon vinegar for 1 cup of water.
How to make apple milkshake
1. Peel, core and chop the apples. Add them in the blender jar along with ¼ tsp cinnamon powder and 2 to 3 tbsp sugar. The amount of sugar to be added depends on the sweetness of the apples. So add as required. If you want you can keep the peels of the apples.
2. Add ½ cup thin or medium consistency coconut milk or almond milk.
3. Blend all the ingredients till smooth.
4. Add the remaining 1.5 cups of coconut milk or almond milk. Blend again.
5. Pour the milkshake in glasses sprinkled with cinnamon powder. You can also add some chopped apple. Serve apple milkshake immediately.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 2 medium sized organic apples, or 1 cup tightly packed chopped apples
- 2 cups thin coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder - optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Add them in the blender jar along ¼ tsp cinnamon powder and 2 to 3 tbsp sugar. The amount of sugar to be added depends on the sweetness of the apples. So add as required.
- With coconut milk or almond milk. Blend all the ingredients till smooth.
- Add the coconut milk or almond milk and blend again.
- Pour the apple milkshake in glasses sprinkled with cinnamon powder. You can also add some chopped apple.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.