Dry fruits milkshake recipe with step by step photos – dry fruits milkshake is a healthy beverage as well a great energy supplement for anyone who wants a quick boost of energy. Gluten-free and vegan.
This dry fruit milkshake is very rich in iron and calcium. good for occasions when you are low in energy levels and quickly wants to super charge your energy levels. This milkshake can also be prepared during fasting or vrat occasions too.
I have posted many Milkshakes recipes on the blog like Banana shake, Mango shake, Chickoo milkshake, Strawberry milkshake etc. We enjoy all these milkshakes. But if I have to choose one milkshake which is packed with energy then I would mention this dry fruits milkshake recipe. It is an ideal drink for growing up kids or for people looking for energy drinks.
This dry fruits milkshake is very filling and you might like to skip a meal after having it. i have used soy milk instead of regular milk to make it. You can use regular milk or also make with almond milk.
I have used all the dry fruits like almonds, pistachios, cashews, raisins, dates, dried figs and a pinch of saffron in this milkshake. You can exclude any dry fruit you don’t have or increase as well as decrease the quantity as per your liking.
There will be tiny chewy bits of dates and figs in this milkshake and that what makes this milkshake different from the regular ones. You can chew the figs and dates while drinking the milkshake.
How to make dry fruits milkshake recipe
1. Soak figs in hot water for 30 minutes or in regular water for 2 to 3 hours. If you have dried figs which are soft, then no need to soak them. If the dried figs are chewy and hard, then do soak them. You can also soak dates if they are hard. If they are soft, then no need to soak dates.
2. Take all the dry fruits in a bowl except dates and saffron.
3. Optional step is to rinse them. I always rinse the dry fruits before using them in any recipe.
4. Once the figs have softened, then chop them. Also chop the dates and discard the seeds.
Making dry fruit milkshake
5. Add the rinsed dry fruits, chopped figs and dates in a blender jar.
6. Add ½ cup chilled milk. You can use soy milk, almond milk or dairy milk.
7. Add a pinch of saffron. You can skip saffron if you want.
8. Blend to a semi-fine paste. You can make a fine paste if you want.
9. Add the remaining 2 cups milk. you can also add sugar if you want. You can add about 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar.
10. Blend again well.
11. Pour in glasses and Serve dry fruits milkshake. you can add some sliced dry fruits for garnishing if you want.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
Dry Fruits Milkshake Recipe
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup raisins
- 7 to 8 dates, chopped
- 2 to 3 dried figs, chopped
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2.5 cups milk - chilled soy or dairy milk
- sugar as required
- a few dry fruits for garnish - either slice or chop the dry fruits.
- Soak figs in hot water for 30 minutes or in regular water for 2 to 3 hours.
- If you have dried figs which are soft, then no need to soak them. If the dried figs are chewy and hard, then do soak them.
- You can also soak dates if they are hard. If they are soft, then no need to soak dates. You can also soak the almonds, cashews and the remaining dry fruits if you want.
- Once the figs have softened, then chop them. Also chop the dates.
- Rinse the remaining dry fruits except saffron.
making dry fruits milkshake
- Then add the dry fruits in a blender jar.
- Add ½ cup milk and blend to a semi fine or fine paste.
- Then add the remaining 2 cups milk. You can also add sugar if you want.
- Blend well again. Stir and pour in glasses.
- Garnish with a few dry fruits slices and serve dry fruits milkshake immediately.
- You can use regular dairy milk or almond milk or soy milk.
- You can change the proportion of dry fruits as per your requirement.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later