Am I the only one who wishes mango season was all year? If you are a mango lover like me then you will love this collection of recipes for ripe mangoes!
Whether you are looking for a healthy breakfast smoothie, delicious fresh snacks, or baking a dessert there is a recipe for you in this collection!
The king of fruits – mangoes are in season again. In India, The mango period lasts from mid-march to may end.
Although one can easily get mangoes in the market in the month of June and July and even in august. But many people avoid eating mangoes once rains start pouring because they get spoiled easily. So you have to quickly eat as many mangoes as possible in these two months time !!!
There are many varieties of mangoes available in India Like kesar, badami, dasheri, langda, safeda, totapuri, chausa, neelam, alphonso (hapus) etc. Everyone has their own favorite variety of mango.
Our favorite is alphonso mangoes which are also called as hapus locally. They are the most juicy, delicious and also the most expensive. Mostly they are exported. They are grown in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Konkan belt.
While making any sweet based dish or a beverage with mango, use mangoes that are not fibrous and are sweet. Avoid making drinks, desserts or sweets with half-ripe mangoes or even slightly sweet mangoes as these can cause stomach upsets.
In this post, I am listing mango recipes from my blog which are made from ripe mangoes or sweet mangoes.
However, if you want to make recipes with raw unripe mangoes then check this collection of 16 raw mango recipes.
If you do not have fresh sweet mangoes available in your city, then you can even use packaged mango pulp. Most of the recipes mentioned in the below collection list use mango pulp. I always blend the mangoes and make the mango pulp, but you can use readymade store brought mango pulp also.
1 medium sized mango will yield about ¾ cup mango pulp. So if a recipe calls for 2 medium sized mangoes, then substitute with 1.5 cups mango pulp.
One can make endless dishes using raw or ripe mangoes. The famous mango recipes made with ripe mangoes are: aamras, mango lassi, amrakhand, mango ice cream and mango kulfi. So lets start with the post which has been divided in 2 parts:
- Mango dessert recipes
- Easy ripe mango recipes Like beverages, chutney or raita.
Mango dessert recipes
1. Mango kulfi – quick, easy and a cheat’s version of making delicious mango kulfi at home. this mango kulfi is made with whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream and of course mangoes. Use mangoes which will yield a smooth non fibrous pulp. i used kesar mangoes as well as alphonso mangoes.
2. Mango kesari – smooth, silky and a really good recipe of mango kesari. Kesari is the South Indian version of Sooji halwa. there are many variations of kesari made and this mango kesari is one of them.
3. Aamras recipe – easy to prepare and a traditional sweet served with pooris. Aam means mango and Ras means juice. So literally the word aamras means mango juice. mostly, the alphonso variety of mango is used for making aam ras. Though you can also make with any sweet juicy mangoes.
4. Mango panna cotta – creamy and smooth Italian dessert made with mangoes, cream and milk. This is a vegetarian recipe made using agar agar. panna cotta means “cooked cream” in Italian. Its a softly set pudding which is creamy yet firm.
5. Mango ice cream – creamy & soft no cook mango ice cream made without an ice cream maker. this is a 3 ingredient mango ice cream made with mangoes, fresh cream and sugar/honey. Yes vanilla is also added, which makes it the fourth ingredient. But its entirely optional and you can simply skip it.
6. Mango shrikhand – It is a very common yogurt based sweet dish made with ripe mangoes. no artificial color or flavorings have been used in this shrikhand recipe.
7. Mango mastani – a popular dessert drink from Pune. Thick mango milkshake topped with vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream. probably the drink is named after peshwa bajirao’s wife mastani. Mango mastani is rich and satisfying as a dessert. you will be blown away with the simplicity and ease with which its made as well with its rich intense mango flavor.
8. Mango cake – easy and tasty egg free mango cake recipe made with whole wheat flour, fresh mangoes, butter and condensed milk.
9. Mango ice cream with condensed milk – a summer treat and simply delicious is this easy to prepare one bowl mango ice cream recipe. This is a 3 ingredient recipe – mangoes, cream and sweetened condensed milk.
10. Mango falooda – quick, easy and delicious mango falooda recipe made with fresh mango puree, chopped mangoes and mango ice cream. this mango falooda is kind of death by mangoes as one of my friend pointed out, or you can also say mango heaven. A must try recipe for mango lovers.
11. Mango halwa – this mango sheera recipe is just exactly the way we make halwa. The only addition is of mango pulp. So what you get is a halwa with mango taste, flavors and aroma.
12. Mango cheesecake – a delicious no bake vegetarian mango cheese cake recipe made without eggs and gelatin. This is one of the favorite mango desserts at home
13. Mango mousse – this delicious mango mousse recipe is eggless and a vegetarian one as no gelatine or even agar agar is used for setting the mousse. a quick and easy mango mousse recipe.
14. Mango muffins – easy and delicious eggless mango muffins made with fresh mangoes, whole wheat flour, condensed milk and butter.
15. Mango phirni – delicious creamy pudding made with sweet mangoes and rice. Phirni is a popular North Indian sweet pudding made with rice, milk and dry fruits. there are a few variations of phirni and this mango phirni is one such variation.
16. Mango rasayana – mango rasayana is a healthy sweet dish. Its basically mango pulp and its juice mixed with some cardamom powder, jaggery and milk. You can also call it as mango shikarni. To make mango rasayana or mango shikarni use ripe, sweet, juicy and pulpy mangoes.
17. Mango modak – delicious modak prepared with fresh mango pulp and khoya (mawa or evaporated milk solids). these mango modaks stays good in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
18. Mango pudding – smooth, velvety and soft Thai mango pudding made with coconut milk. The mango pudding has the lovely flavors of both mangoes and coconut.
Easy ripe mango recipes
2. Mango milkshake – thick and creamy delicious mango milkshake recipe. if you use mangoes which are very sweet, then you need not add any sugar or sweetener in the milkshake.
4. Mango iced tea – a refreshing summer tea with flavors of mangoes and tea. If you like mangoes and tea, then do make this awesome combination of iced tea. you will love it. Make a large jar and keep in the fridge and have the iced tea when you want to sip something cool.
5. Mango smoothie – quick and healthy smoothie made with mango and yogurt. use mangoes which are sweet and non-fibrous. I always prefer alphonso or kesar mangoes to make such drinks.
6. Sweet mango chutney – this mango chutney recipe is a South Indian chutney made from sweet and ripe mangoes along with coconut. in this chutney the mangoes are not blended or made into a pulp. The chutney taste yummy and goes very well with dal-rice combination.
7. Mango salsa – spicy, sweet, healthy and tangy mango salsa made with ripe mangoes, red bell pepper, onions and spices. the taste and flavor of this Mexican inspired mango salsa is similar to our very own Indian chaat dishes. two more salsa recipes on blog are:
8. Mango banana figs smoothie – sweet, crunchy, healthy, vegan smoothie with flavors of figs, mangoes and bananas. this is a heavy and filling smoothie.
9. Mango banana papaya smoothie – an easy and tasty smoothie with the goodness of all three favorite tropical fruits in a glass. there is no need to add sugar or any other sweetener while making this smoothie.
10. Overnight oats mango smoothie – this is a 3 ingredient healthy smoothie made with oats, mangoes and water. I soaked the oats overnight to make the smoothie.
11. Vegan Mango milkshake – refreshing and healthy vegan mango milkshake recipe flavored with saffron. i have made this mango milkshake using coconut milk. You can use other nut based milk also like Almond milk. if you want then you can use dairy milk too.
12. Mango banana milkshake – the combination of banana and mango becomes a very healthy drink and is ideal for growing up kids or for people who are into body building or need extra energy
13. Easy mango raita – it does not take more than 10 minutes to whip up this lovely sweet dessert of mango raita. All you need are some sweet mangoes and some chilled yogurt. Adding sugar to the raita is your choice.
14. Mango badam smoothie – an easy, delicious and healthy recipe of a smoothie made with mangoes and almonds.