Mango salsa recipe with step by step photos. This is a spicy, tangy and sweet mango salsa made with ripe mangoes, red bell pepper, onions and spices. Low Fat, Gluten-free and Vegan.
This is one of my favorite ways to have mango and all alone I can finish one bowl. The taste and flavor of this Mexican inspired mango salsa is similar to our very own Indian chaat dishes.
Till the mangoes are in season, do try this recipe. Its so good. Also pretty quick and easy to make.
You can serve it as an appetizer or condiment along with the main course. Or else you can have it plain or serve with some crackers or nachos. You can also have with plain khakra or with papdi.
For the recipe, you can use green chilies, which have less heat or medium heat. Since I used green chilies, which were very hot, I have added only one. You can also use jalapenos instead of green chilies. Two more salsa recipes on blog are:
The mango salsa recipe serves 1 to 2, but the recipe can be doubled as well as tripled. The spices can also be adjusted to suit your taste buds.
How to make mango salsa
1. Chop 1 large mango. You should be able to get ¾ to 1 cup chopped mangoes. Add the chopped mango in a mixing bowl. Do use ripe and sweet mangoes. You can use any variety of mangoes. I used alphonso mangoes.
2. To the same bowl, add ¼ cup finely chopped onion, ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper (red capsicum), 1 green chili (chopped) and 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (cilantro).
3. Add the following spices – ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (cumin powder), ⅛ teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper.
4. Now add 2 teaspoons lemon juice. You can add more lemon juice if you want.
5. Lastly season with salt. Here I used rock salt. You can also use black salt or regular salt.
6. Mix everything very well.
7. Serve mango salsa plain or with Potato chips, crackers or tacos. You can also keep it in the fridge and have it later. Stays good for 1 to 2 days in the fridge.
Few more snack recipes for you!
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- 250 grams mangoes Or 1 large mango Or ¾ to 1 cup chopped mangoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped Or 30 grams onion Or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup bell pepper, finely chopped Or 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (capsicum)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, crushed Or ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (ground cumin)
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) - chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt as required
- Chop 1 large mango. You should be able to get 3/4 to 1 cup chopped mangoes.
- Do use ripe and sweet mangoes. You can use any variety.
- Finely chop 1 onion and 1 small capsicum. Also chop 1 green chilli and 2 to 3 tablespoons coriander leaves.
making mango salsa
- Add the chopped mango in a mixing bowl.
- To the same bowl, add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (red capsicum), 1 green chili (chopped) and 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
- Add the following spices - 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Now add 2 teaspoons lemon juice. You can add more lemon juice if you want.
- Lastly season with salt. Here I used rock salt. You can also use black salt or regular salt.
- Mix everything very well. Check the taste. If the salsa is not spicy, then you can add some more green chilies. If the too spicy, then add some more mangoes.
- Serve mango salsa plain or with some chips, crackers or tacos.
- Spices can be adjusted as per your taste preferences.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Refrigerates well for 1 to 2 days.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later