Mango Lassi Recipe with Step by Step Photos – Thick, smooth and delicious mango lassi recipe. I make Mango Lassi and Sweet Punjabi Lassi often to beat the heat during summers in India.
Apart from punjabi mango lassi, I also make Shikanji (Indian Lemonade), Aam Panna (Raw Mango Drink), Kokum Juice and Buttermilk Recipe often. All these beverages are cooling in nature and are good during the hot Indian summers.
The months of April-May are the hottest and many summer drinks and coolers are made here to quench the thirst and also to cool the body. April-May is also the season of mangoes in India. One can buy different varieties of mangoes in this season.
Mangoes are a favorite of many people. Till date, I have not found anyone who does not like mangoes. What better way than to combine the sweetness of mangoes with the coolness of yogurt. Few more delicious ripe mango recipes on blog are:
I have added some low fat cream in this recipe of Mango Lassi. You could skip that. Secondly, I have used ice cubes too. The flavorings for the lassi can be rose water or cardamom powder or saffron strands. You can choose any one of them. You can also avoid these and keep the mango lassi plain and simple.
The color of the lassi will depend on the variety of mangoes added. I have updated the step by step pics with lassi made from alphonso mangoes and hence the color is different from the final lassi pics, which were made from a different variety of mangoes. Whichever variety of mangoes you add, just ensure that they have a smooth pulp and are not fibrous.
Punjabi Mango Lassi Recipe below:
Mango Lassi Recipe | Aam ki Lassi Recipe
Punjabi Mango Lassi Recipe - Thick, smooth and delicious mango lassi recipe.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups of fresh chopped mango pieces, about 3 to 4 medium sized mangoes. I used alphonso mangoes, but you could use any good variety of mango. You could also use mango pulp.
- 2 cups chilled full fat fresh curd (yogurt or dahi)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream, 25% to 30% fat or malai - optional
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder or ½ tablespoon rose water or a pinch of saffron strands
- 4 to 5 tablespoon sugar or honey or add as required. this also can be skipped if the mangoes are very sweet
- few mint leaves for garnish or mango cubes or sliced dry fruits
how to make recipe
- Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey and cardamom powder or saffron or rose water.
Now add the chilled curd (yogurt) and cream.
- Add some ice cubes.
- Blend for some seconds till the everything is mixed well and the yogurt has become smooth.
- Pour mango lassi in glasses and serve garnished with mint leaves or cubes of mango
- If you want a slightly thin consistency, then add some milk to the mango lassi while blending.
- instead of sugar you can also add jaggery or honey.
- this mango lassi recipe can be doubled.
Step by Step Punjabi Mango Lassi Recipe:
1. Peel 3 to 4 medium sized mangoes and chop them. About 2 cups chopped mangoes. Add the chopped mangoes in a blender or mixer. Add 4 to 5 tbsp sugar or honey. The addition of sugar and honey can be skipped if you want or you can add as per your taste.
2. Add flavorings of your choice. You can add cardamom powder or saffron strands or rose water. I added ½ tbsp rose water.
3. Blend everything till smooth.
4. Then add 2 cups chilled curd/yogurt and 2 to 3 tbsp low fat cream (optional).
5. Add ice cubes (optional). If you want a slightly thin consistency, then add some milk to the mango lassi while blending.
6. Blend for some seconds till the everything is mixed well and the yogurt has become smooth.
7. Pour mango lassi in glasses.
8. The Mango Lassi can be served immediately or you can garnish with some mint leaves or chopped mangoes or sliced dry fruits if you want.
9 . Enjoy Mango Lassi. For more indian beverages, you can check this collection of indian summer drinks.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe