mango falooda recipe with step by step photos – a summer indian dessert full of mango flavors. this is a quick, easy and delicious mango falooda recipe made with fresh mango puree, chopped mangoes and mango ice cream.
the mango season has officially begun in india. so do expect some mango recipes on the blog. some of the popular mango recipes already posted on blog are:
this mango falooda is kind of death by mangoes as one of my friend pointed out, or you can also say mango heaven. mango puree, chopped mangoes and mango ice cream all go into the falooda. the rose syrup, milk and sabja seeds give a lovely cooling touch. this is a very simple falooda without the addition of mango custard and mango jelly. though if you want, you can add both mango custard and jelly.
you just need to puree the mangoes and keep some chopped mangoes. ice cream is not essential, but good if you have it already. here i added my no fail homemade mango ice cream. rose syrup gives a nice rose fragrance and flavor. in the absence of rose syrup, you can use rooh afza or skip if you don’t have either. to make a vegan version of this dessert drink, use almond milk and a vegan ice cream.
so try this mango falooda this summer season and let me know how it turned out for you.
if you are looking for similar recipes then i suggest following recipes:
- falooda recipe
- strawberry falooda
- kulfi falooda
- no cook mango kulfi
- mango cheesecake
- kesar pista falooda recipe.
mango falooda recipe below:
mango falooda recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR mango falooda recipe
- 2 teaspoon sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) - soaked in ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoon falooda sev cooked as per package instructions
- 3 to 4 tablespoon rose syrup
- ½ to ⅔ cup mango puree or two medium sized mangoes blended to a smooth puree in a blender
- 2 to 2.5 cups chilled milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped or sliced pistachios (pista) - or a mix of chopped dry fruits
- 3 to 4 scoops of mango ice cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1 medium sized mango, peeled and chopped in small cubes
- crushed ice or ice cubes (optional)
- mango custard (optional)
- mango jelly (optional)
- tutti frutti (optional)
HOW TO MAKE mango falooda recipe
preparing sabja seeds:
- first soak 2 tsp sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) in 3/4 cup water for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- later strain them with a tea strainer and keep aside.
- then prepare the falooda sev according to package instructions.
- if you need to cook them then do boil them in water till they are cooked completely & softened.
- rinse the cooked falooda sev in water and then drain them. keep aside covered.
- allow the falooda sev to cool completely at room temperature.
making mango falooda:
- in serving glasses, first add 1 tbsp rose syrup.
- then add 2 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds.
- next add 2 to 3 tsp falooda sev.
- add 3 tbsp mango puree.
- add 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk.
- repeat the layers again.
- add 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk.
- add chopped mangoes.
- top with a scoop of mango or vanilla ice cream and some chopped or sliced dry fruits. also add some chopped mangoes.
- serve mango falooda immediately.
step by step mango falooda recipe:
1. first soak 2 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds in ¾ cup water for about 20 to 30 minutes. later strain them with a tea strainer and keep aside.
2. then prepare 3 tbsp falooda sev according to package instructions. some require just soaking the falooda sev in warm water. i had to cook them in boiling water much like noodles. if you need to cook them, then do boil them in water till they are softened.
3. once they are cooked, rinse them in water and the drain them. keep aside covered in a bowl. allow the falooda sev to cool completely at room temperature. substitute for falooda sev can be rice vermicelli or wheat vermicelli.
4. in serving glasses, first add 1 tbsp rose syrup.
5. then add 2 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds.
6. next add 2 to 3 tsp falooda sev.
7. add 3 tbsp mango puree.
8. add ¼ to ⅓ cup milk.
9. then again add 1 to 2 tsp sabja seeds followed by 2 to 3 tsp falooda sev.
11. add 2 to 3 tbsp mango puree again.
12. again add ⅓ to ½ cup milk.
13. add 2 to 3 tbsp of chopped mangoes.
14. top with a scoop of mango ice cream and some chopped or sliced dry fruits like almond or pistachio slivers. also add some more chopped mangoes. you can also use vanilla ice cream instead of mango ice cream. you can also add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
15. serve mango falooda immediately.