Raw mango chutney – this recipe of green mango chutney is my mom’s and we usually have this mango chutney with dal-rice or with rice kanji/pej (savory rice porridge).
Since the mangoes are raw, so this chutney is a sour one much unlike the Sweet mango chutney i had posted earlier. There is one more Mango chutney recipe which is made with semi-ripe mangoes and is sweet and tangy to taste.
I had kept some raw mangoes in the fridge before leaving for Coimbatore. When we came back I checked the mangoes and they were not spoilt at all. So I made mango chutney with a few of these raw mangoes.
Few more Raw mango recipes are:
The ingredients for mango chutney recipe are easily available in the kitchen. If you do not have fresh coconut, use desiccated coconut like I have done.
You might also love to check these Chutney recipes:
raw mango chutney
- 2 small or 1 medium sized unripe raw mango, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup fresh or dessicated coconut
- 1 to 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 to 2 small to medium garlic cloves, optional
- salt as required
- Rinse the mangoes well. Then dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Peel and chop them into small pieces.
- In a blender or grinder, grind all the ingredients with little water to a smooth paste.
- Serve green mango chutney with dal & rice or savory rice porridge.