raw mango chutney recipe – this recipe of green mango chutney is my mom’s and we usually have this mango chutney with dal-rice or with rice kanji/pej (savory rice porridge).
since the mangoes are raw, so this chutney is a sour one much unlike the sweet mango chutney recipe i had posted earlier. there is one more mango chutney recipe which is made with semi ripe mangoes and is sweet and tangy to taste.
i had kept some raw mangoes in the fridge before leaving for coimbatore. when we came back i checked the mangoes and they were not spoilt at all. so i made mango chutney with a few of these raw mangoes.
few more raw mango recipes are:
the ingredients for mango chutney recipe are easily available in the kitchen. if you do not have fresh coconut, use dessicated coconut like i have done.
you might also love to check these chutney recipes:
raw mango chutney
- 2 small or 1 medium sized unripe raw mango, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup fresh or dessicated coconut
- 1 to 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 to 2 small to medium garlic cloves, optional
- salt as required
- rinse the mangoes well. then dry them with a kitchen towel.
- peel and chop them into small pieces.
- in a blender or grinder, grind all the ingredients with little water to a smooth paste.
- serve mango chutney with dal & rice or savory rice porridge.