Raw mango chutney – this recipe of green mango chutney is my mom’s and we usually have this mango chutney with dal-rice or with rice kanji/pej (savory rice porridge).
Since the mangoes are raw, so this chutney is a sour one much unlike the Sweet mango chutney i had posted earlier. There is one more Mango chutney recipe which is made with semi-ripe mangoes and is sweet and tangy to taste.
I had kept some raw mangoes in the fridge before leaving for Coimbatore. When we came back I checked the mangoes and they were not spoilt at all. So I made mango chutney with a few of these raw mangoes.
Few more Raw mango recipes are:
The ingredients for mango chutney recipe are easily available in the kitchen. If you do not have fresh coconut, use desiccated coconut like I have done.
You might also love to check these Chutney recipes:
Please be sure to rate this recipe in the recipe card below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
raw mango chutney
- 2 small or 1 medium sized unripe raw mango, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup fresh or desiccated coconut
- 1 to 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 to 2 small to medium garlic cloves, optional
- salt as required
- Rinse the mangoes well. Then dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Peel and chop them into small pieces.
- In a blender or grinder, grind all the ingredients with little water to a smooth paste.
- Serve green mango chutney with dal & rice or savory rice porridge.