collection of 30 delicious north indian recipes – in this post i am compiling popular recipes from north indian cuisine. the collection includes main course recipes as well as snacks, breakfast and sweets recipes which are often made in north india.
collection of 30 north indian recipes
1. dal makhani recipe – dal makhani is one of the most popular punjabi recipe. the more slow cooked dal makhani is, the better it tastes. in this recipe, i have also shown the method of how to incorporate smoky charcoal infused aroma in the dal, which we get in restaurants. if you love dal makhani then you should try these recipes with some what similar taste like:
2. rajma recipe – lightly spiced, creamy and a popular punjabi curry made with kidney beans. the combo of rajma chawal is quite famous. however rajma masala also goes very well with rotis or phulkas as well. two more variations of this delicious curry are easy rajma curry and jammu style rajma masala recipe.
3. palak paneer – smooth creamy palak paneer made with fresh spinach leaves, paneer, onions, herbs and spices. few more similar recipes are:
4. bhindi masala – a semi dry lightly spiced punjabi bhindi masala made with okra, onions and tomatoes. few more bhindi recipes which are often made in north india are:
5. paneer butter masala – soft succulent cottage cheese cubes in a creamy tomato based gravy. an easy and quick to make recipe of paneer butter masala. within minutes you can prepare delicious restaurant style paneer butter masala. few more similar paneer recipes are:
6. chana masala – this chana masala is made with freshly powdered spices, onions, tomatoes, herbs making the chana taste like the ones you get on the streets of delhi. the combo of chana masala with bhatura or kulcha is quite famous.
7. dal tadka recipe – dal tadka is one of the most popular dal recipe served in indian restaurants. smooth and creamy dal tempered with indian spices with a smoky charcoal flavor.
8. kachori recipe – flaky and tasty kachori made with spiced moong lentils stuffing. kachoris are basically deep fried breads. there are many varieties of kachori recipes in the indian cuisine and moong dal kachori is a popular one. other delicious kachori recipes are:
9. aloo paratha – popular north indian breakfast of unleavened whole wheat flatbread stuffed with a spiced potato stuffing. aloo paratha is had with plain curd or butter or with mango pickle. few more popular paratha varieties made for breakfast are:
10. paneer tikka masala recipe – this paneer tikka masala recipe is restaurant style and is pretty rich and heavy. the sauce is made with onions, tomato puree, yogurt and cream. the tikka recipe is very versatile and can be grilled, broiled or even pan fried. other similar recipes are:
11. moong dal halwa – a popular and rich halwa recipe from north india. moong dal halwa is usually made on celebratory or festive occasions like holi, diwali, marriages etc. few more popular halwa recipes made in north india are:
12. besan ladoo – a popular ladoo made from gram flour, powdered sugar and ghee. few more popular sweets from north india are:
13. bread pakora – popular and tasty snack of bread pakora stuffed with spiced mashed potatoes. bread pakora is also made as breakfast in north india.
14. dal fry recipe – popular north indian dal recipe made with pigeon pea lentils (arhar dal). this dal fry recipe gives a delicious restaurant style taste. few more dal recipes which are made in north indian cuisine are:
15. aloo matar recipe – a simple and home style recipe of punjabi peas and potatoes curry.
16. veg kofta curry recipe – delicious and creamy veg kofta gravy recipe. it is a rich gravy so best meant for special occasions or for an indulgent weekend lunch or dinner. you can serve veg kofta gravy with rotis or naan or peas pulao or jeera rice.
17. dum aloo recipe – a simply delicious recipe of dum aloo made restaurant style. the recipe method to prepare this dum aloo is easy. there are north indian flavors in this dum aloo and tastes damn good with phulka, rotis, paratha or naan. few more potato curry recipes from north indian cuisine are
18. paneer lababdar recipe – paneer lababdar is a popular paneer gravy dish and can be found on the menu of many restaurants. the gravy of this punjabi style paneer lababdar recipe is creamy, mildly tangy and faintly sweet. being somewhat rich, this dish is good enough to be made on festive or special occasions.
20. kadai paneer recipe – restaurant style delicious semi dry curry made with paneer, capsicum and indian spices. the flavors of this restaurant style kadai paneer recipe comes from freshly pounded coriander seeds and kashmiri red chilies and yes adding freshly pounded spices do make a lot of difference to the food that we cook.
21. jeera aloo – it is one of the simple, easy and quick to prepare recipe. this delicious aloo jeera recipe can be easily made when you have less time or want to make a quick lunch or dinner.
22. malai kofta recipe – delicious melt in the mouth koftas in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet gravy. malai kofta is a popular as well as most sought after vegetarian indian dish in restaurants. few more popular paneer recipes which you may like are:
23. vegetable kadai gravy – restaurant style delicious kadai vegetable gravy recipe. making veg kadai takes some more time than preparing kadai paneer as the veggies need to be cooked. but the results are too good and delicious.
24. aloo methi – delicious punjabi aloo methi recipe made with minimal ingredients and a family recipe.
25. rice kheer – rice kheer is a favorite indian dessert made with basmati rice, milk, nuts and saffron. rice kheer is also one of the most popular kheer variety made in north indian cuisine along with seviyan kheer and phirni recipe.
26. onion pakoda recipe – onion fritters made with gram flour (besan) is a popular snack all over india. few more pakora recipes which are often made in north indian homes are:
27. baingan bharta – this is a simple, tasty and easy punjabi baingan bharta recipe made without the use of many masalas or spices.
28. paneer pasanda recipe – a rich and delicious recipe of shallow fried stuffed paneer sandwiches in a smooth, creamy onion-tomato based gravy.
30. paneer bhurji – a popular and delicious north indian breakfast recipe made from crumbled paneer. other popular north indian breakfast recipes are: