oats recipes – collection of 14 delicious oatmeal recipes. oats is a healthy grain and there are many recipes that one can make with it. though oats is not traditionally used in the indian cuisine, it is becoming a part of indian kitchens. the most common way of including oats is by making porridge from it. preparing an oats porridge is very quick and you can top it up with your favorite fruits and nuts.
there are many recipes one can prepare with oats. in this post i am sharing the oats recipes which are posted on the blog. i will be updating this collection as i add more oatmeal recipes. you can also check these popular recipes collections:
collection of 14 oats recipes
1. oats idli – quick oats idli recipe without fermentation. this recipe is similar to the way we make instant rava idli. apart from oats, i have also used rava or cream of wheat in the batter. you can also check this collection of 14 idli recipes.
2. oats dosa recipe – quick and crisp instant oats dosa made with oats, rice flour and rava (sooji.) no fermentation required. these oats dosas taste good with coconut chutney or sambar or even idli-dosa podi. you can also check this handy collection of 33 dosa recipes for breakfast.
3. oats upma recipe – healthy upma made with quick cooking oats and mixed vegetables. the recipe is simple and gets done within 30 minutes including both the preparation and cooking. thus good for breakfast or quick snack. i prepare this oats upma the way i make rava upma.
4. oats uttapam recipe – healthy, easy and a quick recipe of uttapam made with oats and mix veggies. apart from oats and rava (sooji), besan is also added to the uttapam. instead of sooji you can also use rice flour, thus having a gluten free option for these uttapams.
5. oats chilla recipe – quick and easy chilla made with oats, gram flour, spices-herbs. this healthy oats chilla recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make. so quick and easy enough for morning breakfast. this cheela is soft and has the taste of oats in it. other popular chilla variations are:
6. oats khichdi recipe – healthy and delicious one pot oats khichdi made with oats, mix vegetable and moong dal. you can use quick cooking oats as well as rolled oats to prepare the recipe. oats khichdi can be served plain or along with some curd, raita or mango pickle.
7. oats cookies – this is a super simple recipe of making oatmeal raisin cookies which give crisp, crunchy and chewy cookies with a lovely cinnamon flavor. raisins also give a nice sweet-tangy taste along with a chewy texture. these cookies are made with whole wheat flour.
8. oats porridge recipe – quick porridge made with oats, water or milk. both quick cooking oats or rolled oats can be used. making a porridge with oats just takes about 5 to 6 minutes to cook and is a real quick recipe.
9. oats kheer recipe – delicious kheer made with quick cooking oats or rolled oats, milk, ghee and dry fruits. you can serve the kheer for breakfast or as a dessert after meals. you can also have a look at this collection of 24 kheer recipes.
10. oats halwa recipe – this is a quick and delicious oats halwa recipe made from quick cooking oats, mawa (khoya or evaporated solids), milk, sugar and ghee. to make the halwa fragrant, i have also added cardamom and nutmeg powder. looking for more halwa recipes, then here is the link for collection of 21 halwa recipes.
11. overnight oats recipe – no cook recipe method of quick cooking oats or rolled oats soaked overnight in water, milk or yogurt. later topped with fruits and dry fruits and then served. this oats recipe is good for folks who do not have time to make elaborate breakfasts during morning hours.
12. oats chivda recipe – a quick and delicious diwali snack made from quick cooking oats and flavored with dry fruits, green chilies and spices. in this chivda recipe, oats and nuts are fried. then spices are tempered and everything is mixed. another healthy variation is this roasted oats chivda recipe.
13. fruits oats smoothie recipe – quick smoothie made with mix fruits, milk and quick cooking oats. you can use either instant oats or quick cooking oats to make this smoothie. smoothies make for a good breakfast beverage.
14. mango oats smoothie recipe – 3 ingredient smoothie made with overnight oats and mangoes. this smoothie makes for a healthy breakfast. i have not added any sweetener in the smoothie. if you want, you can add sweetener of your choice.