cold coffee with ice cream recipe with step by step photos – one of the first summer drinks i am sharing this season. the recipe was in drafts for quite a long time. as the season is apt, so decided to share. the method is the way i make cold coffee at home. a slightly different method which gives a really good cold coffee.
cold coffee with ice cream is one of those drinks, i would have when visiting any cafe or restaurant with friends in mumbai. there were some drinks that were always a favorite with me and hence i would often end up ordering these. along with cold coffee with/without ice cream, there was even falooda, ganga jamuna, cocktail juice, watermelon juice, masala milk, mango milkshake, lassi and nimbu pani.
generally when preparing coffee beverages coffee, milk or hot water is beaten with a spoon, till the concoction becomes light & frothy. here i have used the blender to do the same work. making milkshake with this frothy coffee concoction tastes much better, then when you just blend everything directly.
in the recipe i have also blended the ice cream with the coffee and milk, which gives a thicker, creamier cold coffee. the coffee is then topped with scoops of ice cream and served. i have used homemade vanilla ice cream, but you can even use chocolate ice cream.
i have used instant coffee powder. you can also make the decoction with any ground coffee beans. to make the decoction, you will need to heat water. then brew through a percolator or french press or even our very south indian coffee filter. you can also check this filter kaapi recipe where i have explained the method of preparing the coffee decoction.
cold coffee recipe with ice cream below:
cold coffee recipe with ice cream - a popular summer beverage of creamy cold coffee with ice cream.
- 1.5 tablespoons instant coffee
- ¼ cup water or 62.5 ml water
- 4 tablespoon sugar or as required
- 2.5 cups milk or 625 ml milk
- 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops for the milkshake
- 3 to 6 vanilla ice cream scoops for topping
- 4 to 5 ice small cubes
- in a small bowl, take 1.5 tbsp instant coffee.
add ¼ cup warm or slightly hot water.
mix very well with a spoon.
- now pour this mixture in a blender jar.
- add 4 tbsp sugar. you can add sugar as per your taste.
- blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
- now add 4 to 5 small ice cubes.
- add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
- pour 2.5 cups chilled milk.
- blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice froth on top.
pour cold coffee in glasses.
- keep some space on top for the ice cream scoops.
- now place 1 or 2 ice cream scoops.
- serve cold coffee with ice cream immediately.
tips for making cold coffee recipe:
- the recipe serves 3, but can also be doubled or tripled.
- you can substitute coffee with drinking chocolate or cocoa powder and make a chocolate milkshake with ice cream.
- almond milk or soy milk can be used instead of dairy milk.
how to make cold coffee recipe with ice cream:
1. in a small bowl, take 1.5 tbsp instant coffee.
2. add ¼ cup warm or a slightly hot water. mix very well with a spoon.
3. now pour this mixture in a blender jar.
4. add 4 tbsp sugar. you can add sugar as per your taste. you can even add the the coffee, warm water and sugar directly in the blender jar.
5. blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
6. now add 4 to 5 small ice cubes.
7. add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
8. pour 2.5 cups chilled milk.
9. blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice froth on top.
10. pour in glasses.
11. keep some space on top for the ice cream scoops.
12. now place 1 or 2 ice cream scoops.
13. cold coffee with ice cream is ready to be served.
14. serve cold coffee with ice cream immediately.