coffee milkshake recipe with step by step photos – coffee milkshake is a popular summer beverage and is basically made by blending coffee with milk and ice cream. thus it is also known as cold coffee with ice cream. the coffee shake recipe i am sharing is the way i make cold coffee at home where i use a slightly different method. this technique gives a really good creamy and thick cafe style cold coffee which you will like.
cold coffee with ice cream is one of those drinks, i would have when visiting any cafe or restaurant with friends in mumbai. there were some drinks that were always a favorite with me and hence i would often end up ordering these. along with cold coffee with/without ice cream, there was even falooda, cocktail juice, watermelon juice, mango shake, lassi and banana shake.
generally when preparing coffee beverages coffee, milk or hot water is beaten with a spoon, till the concoction becomes light & frothy. here i have used the blender to do the same work. making milkshake with this frothy coffee concoction tastes much better, then when you just blend everything directly.
in the recipe vanilla ice cream is blended with the coffee and milk, which gives a thicker, creamier cold coffee. the coffee is then topped with scoops of vanilla ice cream and served. i have used homemade vanilla ice cream, but you can even use chocolate ice cream or coffee ice cream.
i have used instant coffee powder. you can also make the decoction with any ground coffee beans. to make the decoction, you will need to heat water. then brew through a percolator or french press or even with the south indian coffee filter. you can also check this filter coffee recipe where i have explained the method of preparing the coffee decoction.
how to make coffee milkshake
1. in a small bowl, take 1.5 tbsp instant coffee.
2. add ¼ cup warm or slightly hot water. mix very well with a spoon.
3. now pour this mixture in a blender jar.
4. add 4 tbsp sugar. you can add sugar as per your taste. you can even add the coffee, warm water and sugar directly in the blender jar.
5. blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
6. now add 4 to 5 small ice cubes.
7. add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
8. pour 2.5 cups chilled milk.
9. blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice froth on top.
10. pour in glasses.
11. keep some space on top for the ice cream scoops.
12. now place 1 or 2 ice cream scoops.
13. cold coffee with ice cream is ready to be served.
14. serve cold coffee with ice cream immediately.
coffee milkshake with ice cream
- 1.5 tablespoons instant coffee
- ¼ cup water or 62.5 ml water
- 4 tablespoon sugar or as required
- 2.5 cups milk or 625 ml milk
- 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops for the milkshake
- 3 to 6 vanilla ice cream scoops for topping
- 4 to 5 ice small cubes
making coffee solution
- in a small bowl, take 1.5 tbsp instant coffee.
- add ¼ cup warm or slightly hot water.
- mix very well with a spoon.
making cold coffee with ice cream
- now pour this mixture in a blender jar.
- add 4 tbsp sugar. you can add sugar as per your taste.
- blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
- now add 4 to 5 small ice cubes.
- add 1 or 2 vanilla ice cream scoops.
- pour 2.5 cups chilled milk.
- blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice froth on top.
- pour cold coffee in glasses.
- keep some space on top for the ice cream scoops.
- now place 1 or 2 ice cream scoops.
- serve coffee milkshake with ice cream immediately.
tips for making coffee milkshake
- the recipe serves 3, but can also be doubled or tripled.
- you can substitute coffee with drinking chocolate or cocoa powder and make a chocolate milkshake with ice cream.
- almond milk or soy milk can be used instead of dairy milk.
- instead of vanilla ice cream, you can even add chocolate ice cream or coffee ice cream.