Hot coffee recipe made cafe style with instant coffee (Nescafe). this method and recipe of cafe style hot coffee gives you a really good frothy coffee like the ones we get in baristas and cafes.
With four ingredients and no special device or machine you can make one of the best tasting coffee at home with Nescafe. It takes also less than 15 minutes to make this awesome homemade instant coffee.
When in blues, I make this frothy coffee for myself and this is the method I use. I like the cappuccino and lattes made in baristas and cafes. So when I want to savor a cafe style coffee, I make a cuppa for myself. I also make cappuccino and latte with this method on occasions.
Since this method is entirely homemade and You do not need any special machine or device, i thought of sharing it. Plus the coffee also tastes damn good. You have to try it for yourself.
I have used Nescafe classic instant coffee but you can also use Bru instant coffee (for Indian readers). You can even make a vegan coffee. Use almond milk or soy milk and just heat it. No need to boil.
The first part of this cafe style coffee recipe is beating the coffee with a spoon briskly and vigorously. Hence this coffee is also called as beaten coffee. In many Indian homes, including mine, beaten coffee is made. Here the coffee is beaten with milk till its frothy.
In India we call coffee made with this method as beaten coffee. though in my home, we are mostly tea drinkers, but beaten coffee is made at times. I will also share the method of making Indian beaten coffee in some time.
I have shared some coffee recipes before. If you are a coffee lover, then you can check the following coffee recipes:
- Cold coffee – Cafe style recipe
- Filter coffee – South Indian style
- Coffee milkshake – Creamy thick coffee shake
Enjoy cafe style coffee recipe as soon as you make it. The recipe serves 1 cup but you can even halve it or double it.
How to make Hot Coffee
1. In a cup take 1.5 teaspoons instant coffee. Also, add 1.5 tablespoons sugar or add as per taste.
2. Add 3 tablespoons hot boiling water. You can heat water in an electric kettle or in a small pan. ¼ cup of water can also be added.
3. First mix the coffee and sugar with water.
4. Then begin to stir briskly and beat coffee for 3 to 4 minutes. You can take a break after 1 to 2 minutes and then continue if your hands start aching.
5. Beat the coffee till its color lightens and you see a frothy layer on top.
6. Then take 1 cup milk in a small but heavy saucepan and on a medium to medium-high flame boil it.
7. Let the milk come to a boil.
8. Now pour the milk in a glass jar or a thermos flask.
9. do not use any plastic bottle or jar. You can use a steel bottle also. A glass jar with a handle helps while shaking as the milk is hot.
10. Now shake the jar vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, to get the froth on milk, you can also use a handheld frother. Milk can be blended in a blender also.
10. There should be a good layer of frothy foam on the milk.
11. Here’s the coffee brew in the cup still with foam on top.
12. Pour the foamy milk in the cup.
13. After adding ⅓ or ½ of the milk to the coffee, stir with a spoon. You can even move the cup so that the milk get mixed with the coffee.
14. Pour remaining milk.
15. Add the frothy layer also.
16. Serve the frothy cafe style hot coffee straightway.
17. You can even sprinkle some cinnamon powder or cocoa powder on top. Enjoy this homemade cafe style hot coffee.
Few more popular beverages
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
- 1.5 teaspoons nescafe instant coffee
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar or add as per taste
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup milk (250 ml)
- In a cup add instant coffee and sugar.
- Add 3 tablespoons hot boiling water. ¼ cup hot water can also be added.
- First mix the coffee and sugar with water and begin to stir briskly and beat coffee for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat the coffee till its color lightens and you see a frothy layer on top.
- Then take 1 cup milk in a small but heavy sauce pan and on a medium to medium-high flame boil it.
- When the milk comes to boil pour the milk in a glass jar or a thermos flask.
- Do not use any plastic bottle or jar. You can use a steel bottle also. A glass jar with a handle helps while shaking as the milk is hot.
- Now shake the jar vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively to get the froth on milk, you can also use a handheld frother. Milk can be blended in a blender also.
- There should be a nice layer of frothy foam on the milk.
- Pour the foamy milk in the cup containing coffee.
- After adding ⅓ or ½ of the milk to the coffee, stir with a spoon. You can even move the cup so that the milk get mixed with the coffee.
- Then pour remaining milk along with the frothy layer.
- Serve cafe style coffee straightway.
- You can even sprinkle some cinnamon powder or cocoa powder on top. Enjoy this homemade cafe style coffee.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later