Collection of 22 tasty recipes made with ripe bananas. banana is one fruit which is cheap, nutritious and is available easily through out the year.
Bananas are very much packed with nutrition and is a very healthy fruit and we don’t have to shell out lot of money for one dozen of banana as compared to the prices of apple, mangoes, pomegranate or blueberries.
In most Indian homes overripe bananas are always there and if you want to know how to use them in delectable desserts, then this banana recipe collection will help you.
In this post I have shared recipes made with ripe bananas. in case you are interested in unripe banana recipes then I have also shared a Collection of 14 unripe banana recipes.
Collection of 22 banana recipes
1. Whole Wheat Banana Bread – This is a delicious, light and soft vegan banana bread recipe. One of the best banana bread. this is a keeper recipe.
2. Whole Wheat Banana Cake – quick, easy one bowl cake recipe made with wholemeal flour and bananas. Light, soft and moist banana cake without eggs. No special ingredients required.
3. Banana Smoothie – This is a healthy, delicious and filling vegan smoothie made with ripe bananas, coconut milk and flavored with cinnamon powder.
4. Pazham pori recipe – a popular snack from Kerala made with ripe bananas. Preparing these banana fritters are very easy. Maida or all purpose flour is used for the batter and then these fritters are deep fried.
5. Banana appam recipe – sweet appams or paniyarams made with ripe bananas, rice flour and jaggery.
6. Whole Wheat Banana muffins – easy to prepare eggless and vegan banana muffins made with wholemeal flour. You can use ripe bananas or over ripe bananas to make these muffins.
7. Mangalore buns – mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. A specialty of Mangalore in Karnataka.
8. Whole Wheat Banana Pancake – quick and tasty pancakes made with bananas, wholemeal flour and jaggery. You can skip the jaggery or you can add unrefined raw sugar or maple syrup instead of jaggery. Overall a healthy vegan pancake recipe.
9. Banana Shake – light and delicious milkshake made with ripe bananas and thin coconut milk. Instead of coconut milk you can also use regular milk.
10. Banana sheera – a sweet dessert made with rava and bananas. Often made as prasad during ganesh puja or satyanarayan puja or devi puja or for any auspicious occasion.
11. Banana rasayana – a simple sweet dish made with ripe bananas, coconut milk and jaggery. The dish is from Karnataka cuisine.
12. Banana Mousse – easy and a quick ‘no cook’ dessert recipe of banana mousse.
13. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – This is a simple no fuss eggless, vegan baking recipe of making a quick sweet bread and that too with whole wheat flour.
14. Banana chocolate mousse – creamy and smooth eggless mousse made with bananas and chocolate.
15. Banana mango milkshake – the combination of banana and mango becomes a very healthy drink and is ideal for growing up kids or for people who are into body building or need extra energy.
17. Strawberry smoothie – a creamy delicious smoothie full on with the flavors and taste of strawberries. To thicken the smoothie I have added one banana in the smoothie.
18. Eggless banana chocolate cake – delicious, soft, crumbly and a little dense vegan banana chocolate cake.
19. Mango banana papaya smoothie – the goodness of all three favorite tropical fruits in a glass. Smoothies are a nice way to include fruits in your diet. They also act as detox for the system.
20. Methi na gota recipe – These Delicious Methi pakoras are a Gujarati deep fried snack. Basically these are fritters made with besan (gram flour) and fenugreek leaves (methi leaves). they are usually served as a snack during tea time.
21. Mango banana figs smoothie – sweet and crunchy smoothie with flavors of figs, mangoes and bananas.
22. Chocolate banana smoothie – healthy and delicious vegan smoothie recipe.