Cherry smoothie recipe with step by step pics. This cherry smoothie is a delicious smoothie made with almond milk. To thicken the smoothie, I have added 1 banana, but it can be skipped and you can use more cherries instead.
Usually with fruits we either have them directly or I make smoothies with them. At times I also juice them. But we prefer smoothies over juices as the fibre from fruits like oranges, apples etc are not extracted when making smoothies.
Both smoothie and juices are rich in nutrients. They do have natural sugar in them and hence in most smoothies you don’t need to add any sweetener. However as per your taste preferences, you can always add sweeteners of your choice.
I have used fresh cherries to make this smoothie. Frozen cherries can also be used. You can increase the quantity of cherries if you want. The recipe makes for 1 tall glass of smoothie and can be easily doubled or tripled.
Making Banana Cherry Smoothie
1. Rinse ¾ cup fresh sweet cherries (100 grams) in water first for a couple of times. Then soak cherries in a bowl of water for 15 to 20 minutes in which ½ tablespoon vinegar is added. This is done to get rid of pesticides. Do use sweet cherries.
2. Later rinse cherries again a couple of times with fresh water. Drain all the water. Then remove the stems. pit the cherries and discard the seeds. You can chop the cherries roughly if you want.
3. Add the cherries in a blender.
4. Add 1 large chopped banana. pour ½ cup almond milk. You can also use thin coconut milk.
5. Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
6. Blend till smooth.
7. Pour in a glass and Serve cherry smoothie straight away.
Few more Smoothie recipes on blog which you may like are:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- ¾ cup fresh sweet cherries or 100 grams
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup almond milk or thin coconut milk or water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse cherries in water first for a couple of times. Then soak cherries in a bowl of water for 15 to 20 minutes in which ½ tablespoon vinegar is added. This is done to get rid of pesticides.
- Later rinse cherries again a couple of times with fresh water. Drain all the water. Then remove the stems.
- Pit the cherries and discard the seeds. You can chop the cherries roughly if you want. Add the cherries in a blender.
- Add 1 large chopped banana. Pour ½ cup almond milk. You can also use thin coconut milk.
- Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Blend till smooth.
- Pour in a glass and serve cherry smoothie straight away.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.