banana smoothie recipe with step by steps. this is a healthy, delicious and filling smoothie made with ripe bananas, coconut milk and flavored with cinnamon powder.
bananas are always placed in a basket in my kitchen and there are many recipes i make with them like banana cake, banana bread, banana pancake etc. we do have ripe bananas as such and i even make smoothies with them. making smoothie or juices from any fruit is easy. all you need is a good blender or mixer.
there are many ways a banana smoothie can be made. i am sharing the simplest version which i make. this banana smoothie recipe is vegan as i have used thin coconut milk for the smoothie. though almond milk can also be used. in the smoothie you can add your choice of sweeteners if you want.
usually for breakfasts or brunch i make smoothies. they keep you full for some time. you can also have smoothie between two meals. its a good and healthy way to includes fruits in your diet.
few more banana recipes posted on blog are:
- sweet appams or paniyarams
- whole wheat banana muffins
- sweet banana buns recipe
- quick banana mousse recipe
banana smoothie recipe below:
banana smoothie recipe
this is a healthy, delicious and filling smoothie made with ripe bananas, coconut milk and flavored with cinnamon powder.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 large bananas
- ½ cup coconut milk – thin or medium consistency coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- toasted nuts and seeds for garnish – optional
how to make recipe
peel and chop 3 large bananas. add them in a blender.
add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder and ½ cup coconut milk. you can even add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or powder instead of cinnamon powder.
blend till smooth.
pour in a serving glass.
sprinkle some toasted nuts and seeds. this is optional step. but it will add some crunch to the smoothie and also make it more healthy and filling.
serve banana smoothie straightaway.
stepwise banana smoothie recipe:
1. peel and chop 3 large bananas. add them in a blender.
2. add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder and ½ cup coconut milk. you can even add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or powder instead of cinnamon powder.
3. blend till smooth.
4. pour in a serving glass.
5. sprinkle some toasted nuts and seeds. this is optional step. but it will add some crunch to the smoothie and also make it more healthy and filling.
6. serve banana smoothie straightaway.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe