Oats smoothie recipe with step by step photos – quick, healthy and tasty smoothie made with fresh fruits, milk and oats.
Smoothies are quick to make and a healthy drink When you want something quick to recharge your energy. Smoothies make for a good breakfast beverage.
I have already posted a few Smoothie recipes like:
During the mango season, I prefer to add mangoes to smoothies as mangoes go very well with milk unlike other fruits.
In this oats smoothie, I have used fruits like mango, bananas and sapota (chickoo). You can also use fruits like berries, papaya, apple, figs. Avoid using citrus fruits and melons as they don’t go well with milk.
You can use either instant oats or quick-cooking oats to make this smoothie. i have not used any sweetener in the smoothie. If you want, you can add sweeteners of your choice.
This smoothie is a thick one. If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add some more milk while blending.
How to make oats smoothie
1. Peel and chop the fruits. I used a mix of mangoes, bananas and sapota (chikoo). you can use other fruits like apples, berries, figs etc.
2. Add the chopped fruits in a blender jar. Add ½ to ⅔ cup milk and ¼ cup quick cooking oats. i did not add any sugar. But if you want you can sweeten the smoothie with sugar, jaggery or honey.
3. Blend till smooth. While blending, you can add some ice cubes if you want.
4. Pour the smoothie in glasses or mugs. Serve this oats smoothie immediately.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
- 1 large mango or 1 cup chopped mangoes
- 1 large banana or 2 medium or 3 small bananas - chopped
- 2 medium sapota or chickoo - chopped
- ¼ cup quick cooking or instant oats
- ½ to ⅔ cup chilled milk
- 1 or 2 tablespoon sugar or honey or jaggery - optional
- 4 to 6 ice cubes optional
- Peel and chop the fruits. I used a mix of mangoes, bananas and sapota (chikoo). You can use other fruits like apple, berries, figs etc.
- Add the chopped fruits in a blender jar. Add 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk and 1/4 cup quick cooking oats. I did not add any sugar. But if you want you can sweeten the smoothie with sugar, jaggery or honey.
- Blend till smooth. You can add some ice cubes if you want while blending.
- Pour the smoothie in glasses or mugs.
- Serve oats smoothie immediately.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later