25 best Indian curry recipes – collection of 25 best gravy recipes from the blog, which are popular with the readers.
Curry+rice or curry+rotis combo is a favorite combination with many Indians. There are so many Curry varieties in the Indian vegetarian cuisine, from the well known to the lesser known recipes.
Usually most popular vegetarian curry recipes are made with paneer, but I have tried to include other ingredients like mushrooms, peas, potatoes, leafy greens and mix veggies. So for each ingredient, you will get some more recipes that are popular.
All the top 25 recipes have been tried and tested by many readers. In fact I also make these recipes many times and they are a favorite with the family as well as with friends.
25 Best Indian Curry Recipes
1. Paneer butter masala – this is one of the most popular paneer curry recipe. This is an easy and quick recipe to make paneer butter masala. Within minutes you can prepare delicious restaurant style paneer butter masala. there are some variations in the genre of gravy recipes made with paneer and butter. Below are some of the paneer curry recipes posted which come in this category:
- Paneer makhanwala made with onions, tomatoes, cashews, cream and spices.
- Paneer makhani made with tomato puree and cream. No cashews and onions added.
- Paneer lababdar made with onions, tomatoes, cashew paste and cream.
2. Dum aloo – a simply delicious recipe of dum aloo made restaurant style. this easy aloo dum recipe uses a mix of onions, cashews, curd along with spices. No tomatoes are added in this recipe. Apart from this, there are many delicious Potato curry recipes made in regional Indian cuisine like
3. Mushroom curry – delicious Punjabi style mushroom masala curry recipe. This is an easy recipe of white button mushrooms in an onion-tomato based medium spiced gravy.
4. Mix vegetable curry – simple, homely and tasty recipe of mix vegetables made in North Indian Punjabi style.. This veg curry tastes delicious with phulkas, parathas or pooris. few more recipes you can make with mix vegetables are:
- Sambar recipe
- Veg kadai (restaurant style)
- Veg Kolhapuri (spicy curry from kolhapur region in maharashtra)
- Veg sagu (from Karnataka cuisine)
- Veg makhanwala (creamy & rich curry).
5. Gobi manchurian Gravy – saucy, umami and spicy Indo Chinese recipe of cauliflower manchurian gravy. this recipe of cauliflower manchurian is super delicious and tasty. You simply can’t stop eating it. Few more popular curry recipes from Indo Chinese cuisine are:
6. Veg kurma – delicious South Indian style kurma recipe made with mixed veggies, coconut and spices. Korma or kurma is a gravy based dish and is served with chapatis, pooris or steamed rice few more korma variations you can try are:
7. Malai kofta recipe – this is a popular as well as most sought after vegetarian Indian dish in restaurants. Malai means cream and Kofta are fried dumpling balls. Usually they are made up of mashed potatoes-veggies, with or without grated paneer. Other delicious Paneer recipes you can make are:
8. Methi matar malai – a Punjabi North Indian recipe which is very popular. Methi matar malai can also be found in the menu of most North Indian restaurants. Few more similar curry recipes you may like are:
9. Chana masala – one easy and yet lip smacking Punjabi chole recipe. This is one of the most tried and tested chole recipe. It has been tried not only by me innumerable times, but also by many readers. Few more popular Punjabi curry recipes are:
11. Capsicim masala – delicious Hyderabadi style curry made with capsicum or bell peppers. A good side gravy dish with chapatis or parathas.
12. Green peas masala – creamy and delicious green peas masala gravy. No onion no garlic recipe. this peas masala recipe does not use butter or cream like most of the restaurant style recipes I have posted. Cashews and milk powder are added to make this gravy creamy, smooth and slightly sweet.
13. Gatte ki sabzi – a popular gravy based dish from the Rajasthani cuisine. Gatte are gram flour (besan) roundels which are added to a curd based gravy.
14. Drumstick curry recipe – this is one of the most simplest and easiest North Indian curry made with drumsticks.
15. Veg kuzhambu recipe – spiced and tangy kuzhambu gravy made with mix vegetables. few other kuzhambu varieties which are posted on blog are:
16. Palak paneer recipe – soft paneer cubes cooked in smooth spinach curry. This palak paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipe on the blog. Few more palak recipes you may like are:
18. Aloo matar recipe – a simple and home style recipe of Punjabi peas and potatoes curry. Best taste with fresh peas though you can even use frozen peas. Few more easy recipes you can make with potatoes are:
19. Gobi masala – creamy delicious and lightly spiced gobi masala made restaurant style. this cauliflower curry recipe is easy and simple to make and goes very well with rotis, naan bread, tandoori rotis or just plain steamed rice.
20. Paneer tikka masala – super delicious restaurant style Paneer tikka recipe. This paneer tikka masala recipe is pretty rich and heavy. the sauce is made with onions, tomato puree, yogurt and cream. Few more similar curry recipes are:
21. Tomato curry – spiced and mildly tangy tomato curry made with ground tomatoes, coconut and spices. The curry has coastal flavors of ground coconut and spices.
22. Vegetable stew – easy to make lightly spiced, delicate and aromatic stew with mixed vegetables, coconut milk and spices. A popular stew from the Kerala cuisine. You can serve vegetable stew with appam or steamed basmati rice. Other popular curry recipes from Kerala cuisine are:
23. Kathal recipe – home style delicious curry made with raw jackfruit or kathal.
24. Rajma recipe – this is a lightly spiced, creamy and a delicious Punjabi curry made with kidney beans. this rajma masala is made in a base of onion-tomato masala along with other spices and herbs making it truly delicious.
25. Baby corn masala – a creamy baby corn curry made in the classic North Indian style.