collection of 65 indian potato recipes. there are many dishes made in the indian cuisine with potatoes. we add them to curries, rice, flat breads and even sweets are made with them. the best part about potatoes is that they pair well with any veggie.
in this collection, i am sharing curries, dry sabzis, snacks and fasting recipes made with potatoes. most of them are easy to make and all you need are some indian spices and herbs.
you can also check these popular veggie recipes collections as most of the time potatoes pair well with other veggies like gobi, matar, gajar, palak, baingan, methi etc.
- cauliflower recipes (18 gobi recipes)
- matar recipes (25 green peas recipes)
- gajar recipes (23 carrot recipes)
- palak recipes (29 spinach recipes)
- methi recipes (19 dry fenugreek leaves recipes)
- brinjal recipes (20 baingan or eggplant recipes)
- top 10 veggie recipes
65 potato recipes (dry, curry and snacks recipes)
aloo sabzi recipes – dry dishes
7. aloo french beans recipe – spiced french beans and potatoes stir fry made in punjabi style. serve with rotis , parathas or bread.
8. jeera aloo – one of the easiest and simplest recipe made with potatoes and cumin. serve with rotis or pooris.
9. chutney wale aloo – chatpata and tasty aloo or potatoes with coriander-mint green chutney.
11. dum aloo biryani recipe – hyderabadi style layered and dum cooked biryani made from baby potatoes. hence the name dum aloo biryani or aloo dum biryani. if you like biryani, then you can check this collection of 27 biryani recipes.
12. aloo posto recipe – traditional bengali recipe of potatoes in a lightly spiced poppy seeds paste.
13. aloo chokha recipe – spiced mashed potatoes from the bihari cusine. aloo chokha is one of the side dishes that is served with litti chokha. i have also shared the accompaniments or sides served with litti – tomato chokha and baingan chokha recipe.
14. aloo gajar recipe – simple homely dry sabzi or veggie preparation with potatoes and carrots. being a dry sabzi and one which is not spicy, this aloo gajar recipe goes very well as tiffin box lunch with some soft chapatis or parathas.
15. aloo capsicum masala recipe – a semi gravy recipe of capsicum (green bell peppers) and potatoes in an onion-tomato base.
16. aloo patta gobhi sabzi recipe – potatoes and cabbage make a good combination in dry veggie dishes. this easy punjabi aloo patta gobhi sabzi is how i make at home. at times i also add some green peas to this sabzi. for more cabbage recipes, kindly check this link -> 14 cabbage recipes.
17. baby potato biryani recipe – this biryani is medium spiced and not heavy on the stomach. preparing this biryani or any biryani does take time. so plan and organize accordingly.
indian potato curry recipes:
4. aloo gobi recipe dhaba style – the classic aloo gobi in an onion and tomato based sauce simmered with spices. served with rotis or steamed rice.
6. aloo gobi matar – lightly spiced north indian curry made with cauliflower, peas and potatoes. served with rotis, pooris or bread.
7. aloo chole ki sabzi – a spiced chickpea potato curry from the famous kwality restaurant in delhi. served with bhatura or poori. other similar variations are palak chole, methi chole and paneer chole recipe.
10. kashmiri dum aloo – baby potatoes in a spicy vibrant curd based gravy. a recipe from the kashmiri cuisine. served with steamed rice.
13. punjabi dahi aloo – an easy recipe of potatoes simmered in curd sauce. served with rotis or steamed rice.
14. potato peas korma – a south indian style potato peas korma made with coconut, poppy seeds, cashews and red chilies. served with rotis, parathas, pooris or steamed rice.
15. aloo hara chana (choliya) – thin and spiced curry made with potatoes and fresh green chickpeas or choliya. served with rotis or parathas.
16. aloo kofta recipe – potato cheese koftas served on a bed of rich creamy spiced gravy. koftas are deep fried balls which can be made from veggies or paneer or cheese. few more kofta recipes on blog are:
17. aloo mushroom masala recipe – this aloo mushroom recipe is spiced with a tang coming from the tomatoes and a mild sweetness, creaminess coming from the cashews and onions. this is an onion-tomato based gravy and tastes delicious with chapatis or even parathas. more mushroom recipes at this link -> 49 mushroom recipes.
18. dum aloo recipe – a simply delicious recipe of dum aloo made restaurant style. the recipe method to prepare this dum aloo is easy. there are north indian flavors in this dum aloo and tastes damn good with phulka, rotis or naan.
19. aloo tamatar jhol recipe – one more easy recipe of a thin spiced potato and tomato curry. aloo jhol is a dish from the uttar pradesh cuisine and served with pooris. you can also serve this spiced potato curry with luchi or crisp pooris.
- veg kurma recipe (hotel style)
21. potato stew recipe – kerala style potato stew made with coconut milk and spices. the recipe of this potato stew is so easy to prepare and yet tastes so good. i prepare potato stew to go with appams or ghee rice. the recipe is similar to the veg stew recipe.
22. potato sagu recipe for pooris – potato sagu is lightly spiced potato curry from the karnataka cuisine usually served with pooris, chapati, dosa or rava idli. like potato sagu, there is also a variation of sagu made with mixed veggies, which is known as veg sagu.
23. potato curry recipe – a simple homely curry with potatoes. this potato curry recipe is also one of those recipes that you can make in a hurry after a tired day’s work or when have no veggies or lentils in your kitchen.
potato snacks recipes:
4. tandoori aloo – marinated oven roasted baby potatoes. great starter or snack for any occasion.
8. dahi papdi chaat – a popular chaat snack which is sweet, spicy and tangy.
9. aloo tuk – easy to prepare sindhi snack.
11. aloo tikka recipe – spiced & marinated potatoes which are either grilled or pan fried. this aloo tikka recipe uses curd for marination. i have also shared a vegan version of aloo tikka which makes use of cashew curd. few more popular tikka recipes on blog are paneer tikka, amritsari paneer tikka, achari paneer tikka, gobi tikka, instant paneer tikka and mushroom tikka recipe.
12. aloo chana chaat recipe – spicy, tangy, sweet chaat recipe with boiled potatoes and white chickpeas. if you have some boiled chana left, then its pretty simple to assemble this chaat. generally when i make chana masala, dry chana or punjabi chole masala, then i always boil extra chana and keep in the fridge. these come handy to make quick recipes like falafel, hummus, chana pulao and this chana chaat.
13. potato sev recipe – – crisp sev made with potatoes and gram flour (besan). the texture and taste of this potato sev recipe is not like aloo bhujia. the taste is like that of a spiced sev. they are crisp and chatpata. serve potato sev as tea-time snack or anytime snack.
14. aloo kulcha recipe – popular flat bread recipe from north indian cuisine. aloo kulcha are crisp as well as soft leavened breads stuffed with a spiced potato filling. kulcha is very popular in delhi and the state of punjab. i have already shared the recipes of plain kulcha, paneer kulcha and matar kulcha recipe. serve the kulcha with curd or mango pickle or with recipes like peshawari chole or kadai chole or paneer chole or dal makhani or dal bukhara.
15. frankie recipe – thin rotis stuffed with crisp aloo tikki, veggies and yogurt raita. the recipe is good for kids who love frankies or wraps. few more similar frankie recipes on blog are:
16. potato wedges recipe – easy recipe of crispy baked potato wedges. potato wedges makes for a good finger food snack or a party snack. you can easily increase the proportions of all the ingredients and make a large batch for a party. serve baked potato wedges with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or mint chutney.
18. french fries recipe – these french fries are crisp from outside and soft & tender from inside. the way the french fries should be.
aloo fasting recipes:
2. vrat wale aloo – minimally spiced potato curry recipe for fasting without onion-garlic.
3. jeera aloo – a quick fasting recipe of sauteed boiled potatoes with cumin and green chillies.
4. aloo chaat – little spicy, tangy and crispy potato chaat. can also be had as a quick snack or starters.
5. dahi aloo – a light curry made from potatoes and yogurt.
6. aloo makhana – easy snack recipe for navratri made with boiled potatoes, phool makhana (foxnuts) and spices.
7. farali batata vada recipe – delicious snack of potato vadas or potato bonda made for fasting or vrat. these farali batata vada make for a nice snack during fasting. for fasting recipes made with potatoes you can check link -> 12 potato recipes for fasting.