Aloo baingan recipe With step by step photos – this simple and super easy recipe of aloo baingan sabzi is from my mil and is a variation of the Stuffed baingan recipe that I have earlier posted.
In this recipe of Aloo baingan sabzi we just slice or chop the aubergines or baingans instead of keeping them whole. The spices used are the same as for the stuffed aloo baingan recipe. This is also a Dry aloo baingan recipe.
Being a fantastic cook, my mil dishes out awesome Punjabi recipes. Her trademark is that her recipes are easy to make and yet super yum. they are so easy that even a novice in cooking can make her recipes. This aloo baingan is one such easy veggies recipE. You can check more simple veggie recipes like:
I have used mustard oil in this recipe but even with a simple vegetable oil like sunflower oil the aloo baingan taste fabulous.
One can have the aloo baingan sabzi with parathas, phulkas and even plain bread.
If you are looking for more Baingan recipes then do check:
Have you made this recipe and liked it? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below or share the recipe on facebook, whatsapp, twitter & pinterest. For recipe updates Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and Twitter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 1 kg small baingan (eggplants or brinjals)
- 5 to 6 potatoes (aloo)
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur powder)
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil or vegetable oil
- salt or black salt
preparation for aloo baingan
- Wash the small baingan and potatoes in water.
- Slice the baingan into 4 pieces vertically.
- Keep the baingan in salted water for 15-20 minutes to remove their bitterness.
- Also slice the potatoes in medium size slices.
making aloo baingan sabzi
- In a pan heat the mustard oil. Add the potatoes and baingan to the oil.
- Saute in the oil for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt as required.
- Mix the spice powders and salt properly with both the veggies.
- Now cover the pan and let the veggies cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Keep checking the aloo baingan after a few minutes so that the veggies do not stick to the bottom of the pan. do stir occasionally.
- When the aloo and baingan are cooked properly, sprinkle garam masala powder and amchur powder.
- Mix these thoroughly and cook for a minute.
- Close the flame and serve the aloo baingan sabzi hot with phulkas or parathas.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Preparation to make aloo baingan sabzi
1. Wash the small baingan (brinjals) and potatoes in water. slice 1 baingan into 4 pieces vertically. keep the baingan in salted water for 15-20 minutes to remove their bitterness.
2. Also slice 5 to 6 potatoes in medium size slices.
Making aloo baingan
3. In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons mustard oil or vegetable oil.
4. Add the potatoes to the oil.
5. Next add the baingan .
6. Stir and mix well.
7. Saute in the oil for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame.
8. Add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi) and salt as required. You can add regular salt or black salt.
9. Mix the spice powders and salt well with the veggies.
Cooking aloo baingan sabji
10. Now cover the pan and let the veggies cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
11. Keep checking the aloo baingan sabzi after a few minutes, so that the veggies do not stick to the bottom of the pan. do stir occasionally.
12. Here in below pic, the aloo and baingan are cooked properly.
13. Once the veggies are cooked, then sprinkle 2 teaspoon garam masala powder and 2 teaspoon amchur powder (dried mango powder).
14. Mix well.
15. Cook for a minute.
16. Close the flame and Serve the aloo baingan sabzi hot with phulkas or parathas.