Collection of 21 tasty sweet corn recipes – a ready list of recipes made from sweet corn.
The collection includes mostly Indian and some international corn recipes. Both sweet corn and the desi corn can be used in these recipes. As I add more new corn recipes, I will also update this collection.
Collection of Corn Recipes
1. Corn soup – Make this easy and delicious sweet corn soup to satisfy your soup craving. With just a few simple ingredients this comforting corn soup will be ready in about 30 minutes. For more soup recipes, you can check this collection of 29 Soup recipes.
2. Corn pulao – this recipe of corn pulao is slightly different than the pulao recipes I have posted. Here a green chutney paste is made and this makes the pulao slightly spicy and delicious. So you get the spiced flavors along with the hints of sweetness coming from the sweet corn.
3. Sweet corn fried rice – homely and simple fried rice made with sweet corn, spring onions, capsicum and herbs+spices. the recipe is adaptable to your spice preferences and tastes. You can even add a schezwan sauce or some tomato ketchup to the rice or spice up with your favorite herbs. Another similar popular recipe in this Veg fried rice recipe.
4. Corn cheese balls – These cheese and corn balls are crispy on the outside, tender and cheesy on the inside. They are a delicious snack that can be baked or fried, and are perfect to serve with zesty sauces and sides.
Another similar recipe you can try is this Cheese balls recipe.
5. Palak corn recipe – This is a rich, saucy dish that’s made with fresh spinach and sweet corn. It is lightly spiced and perfectly creamy, and great to pair with classic Indian sides.
The recipe can also be made for kids who are usually not fond of spinach. Instead of sweet corn, regular corn or even fresh green peas can be added.
6. Corn chaat – this spicy and tasty corn chaat is an easy snack that you can prepare quickly or whenever you are short of time. Even bachelors can make it as it does not require any cooking expertise.
7. Bhutte ka kees recipe – It is a popular as well as delicious street food snack from Indore. Makes for a nice evening snack during winters. While serving don’t forget to drizzle some lemon juice on top.
8. Masala corn recipe – It is a favorite with kids and most of us. You can always add your choice of spices or add less or more and make a lot of variations in the recipe.
9. Makai ka shorba – a light and easy to prepare delicious Indian style corn soup. The shorba has the aroma of garam masala and tej patta complimenting the flavors of sweet corn.
I have kept the spicing minimal and light. So this is a delicately flavored corn soup, which is comforting in cold weathers.
10. Corn pakora – crisp fried corn fritters made with besan or gram flour, sweet corn and spices-herbs. If you like having pakoras, then have a look at this post of 35 pakora varieties.
11. Corn and vegetable soup – sweet, creamy soup made with fresh sweet corn and vegetables. the creaminess and sweetness comes from the corn kernels. You can also make this soup from tinned corn kernels. But fresh corn is the best.
12. Corn salad – easy recipe of salad made with sweet corn, cucumber, onion and spices + herbs. i have used fresh sweet corn. Though even tinned corn be used. But I do suggest using fresh corn as the taste is better with fresh corn.
13. Corn patties – crisp melt in the mouth patties made with mashed potatoes and stuffed with a spicy corn filling. These corn patties are a famous monsoon snack in some parts of India, especially in Western India.
14. Buttered corn – It is an easy, quick and tasty snack made with sweet corn, butter, herbs and spices. It makes for a good evening snack that is filling and delicious. Children are specially going to love it.
15. Corn sandwich – the filling for this corn sandwich is Italian inspired with tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil. These corn sandwiches are a bit spicy. Reduce the amount of black pepper and red chili flakes to make these less hot and spicy.
16. Corn spinach – easy to prepare cheesy corn spinach recipe. the corn palak can be had plain or can also be stuffed in Sandwiches or wraps. We just had the dish plain with a side vegetable soup and toasted bread.
17. Sweet corn kheer – this is a simple kheer recipe that is made with grinding corn kernels and then cooking them with milk. You can make the kheer thin or thick as you prefer. Simple, easy and flavorful.
18. Corn capsicum sandwich – easy recipe of a grilled corn capsicum sandwich. The main ingredient you need to make this sandwich are some steamed corn.
19. Sweet corn sundal – Sundals are South Indian based dishes made with a variety of legumes and is prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi or Navratri. Though you can even make them on regular days too.
20. Corn salsa – The best corn salsa is easy to make from scratch with fresh sweet corn and only a few other simple, wholesome ingredients. Enjoy homemade corn salsa as a healthy snack or fun addition to your favorite southwestern dishes!
21. Sweet corn kebab – this crispy and tasty corn kabab is an easy to make snack. With this kabab recipe you can also make corn cutlets.
This Corn Recipes Collection post from the archives first published in January 2017 has been republished and updated on 28 June 2022.