Sweet corn capsicum sandwich recipe with step by step photos – an easy recipe of a tasty grilled corn capsicum sandwich.
Sandwiches are loved at home. Our favorite is always the Mumbai veg sandwich, but on occasions, I also make sandwiches with different stuffings. This corn capsicum sandwich is one of them. There are various ways of making them. You can also check these Corn sandwich and Capsicum sandwich recipe.
The recipe shared here is not a moist version of these sandwiches. Here the filling is slightly dry, with some moistness coming from the cheese. For a moist filling, you can add cream or white sauce along with cheese. At times I do add cream to the stuffing.
The main ingredient you need to make this sandwich are some steamed corn. I have used fresh sweet corn cob, which I steamed in the pressure cooker. Cooled it and then removed the corn kernels. I have added yellow bell pepper. But you can use any colored bell pepper. the bread used is Wheat bread. you can even use Brown bread or White bread. with whole wheat bread, these sandwiches become filling and are not light.
Serve these grilled sweet corn capsicum sandwich with tomato sauce or coriander chutney or mint chutney.
If you are looking for more Veg sandwich recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Corn Capsicum Sandwich
- 1 cup steamed or boiled sweet corn kernels
- ⅓ cup finely chopped bell pepper or 85 grams bell pepper (capsicum) - finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, crushed or 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves or 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves or add fresh herbs of your choice
- ¼ cup grated cheese or 25 grams cheese, processed cheese or cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream or white sauce - optional
- 10 to 12 bread slices
- butter as required
- salt as required
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except butter and bread.
- Spread some butter on bread slices.
- Evenly spread the corn capsicum stuffing on the bread slice. Cover with a second buttered slice.
- Now place the sandwich in a preheated sandwich maker.
- Grill for a few minutes, till the sandwiches become crisp and golden. You can also toast these sandwiches in a hand held stove top toaster or in the oven.
- Remove and slice them.
- Serve sweet corn capsicum sandwich hot or warm with tomato ketchup or mint chutney or coriander chutney.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Preparation to make corn capsicum sandwich
1. Take 1 cup steamed or boiled sweet corn kernels. You can steam 1 medium to large sweet corn cob in a steamer or a pressure cooker. If pressure cooking, then pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles in 1.5 cups water.
2. Add ⅓ cup finely chopped bell pepper.
3. Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves. You can also add fresh herbs of your choice.
4. Season with 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper and salt as per taste.
5. Add ¼ cup grated cheese. You can use processed cheese or cheddar cheese or a mix of both. You can also add 2 to 3 tablespoons cream or white sauce at this step.
6. Mix well.
Making corn capsicum sandwich
7. Spread some softened butter on the bread slices. Slice the edges of the bread if you want.
8. Evenly spread the corn capsicum stuffing on the bread slice.
9. Cover with a second buttered slice.
10. Now place the sandwich in a preheated sandwich maker.
11. Grill for a few minutes, till the sandwiches become crisp and golden. You can also toast these sandwiches in a hand held stove top toaster or in the oven.
12. Remove and slice them.
Serve corn capsicum sandwich hot or warm with tomato ketchup or pudina chutney or coriander chutney.