Cheesy spinach corn recipe With step by step photos. Easy to prepare one pot cheesy corn spinach with Italian flavors.
It can be had plain or can also be stuffed in sandwiches or wraps. We just had the dish plain with a side vegetable soup and toasted bread.
Best is to use fresh sweet corn as it goes very well with spinach. The combo of corn and spinach is too good and one which most people like.
How to make one pot cheesy spinach corn
- Boil the corn cobs in water for 15-20 minutes. When they warm or when they cool down, remove the kernels from the cob with a knife. Keep aside.
- Rinse the spinach leaves in water thoroughly. Chop them and keep aside.
- Chop the scallions/spring onions and garlic. Reserve the greens for garnishing.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. now add the scallions and garlic to it.
- Saute for 2 minutes and then add the chopped spinach.
- Saute the spinach for 4 minutes.
- Now add the black pepper powder and salt as required.
- After 2 minutes add the red chili flakes and the oregano seasoning/Italian seasoning/mixed herbs
- The spinach would have softened and considerably cooked after 3-4 minutes. Now add the boiled corn kernels.
- Mix the corn with spinach and spices. saute for 2-3 minutes more. Finally, add the soft cheese and mix it really well. Check the salt and seasonings and add more if required. Serve hot with warm or toasted bread. We had this tasty dish with a lovely russian veg borscht soup and bread.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
One Pot Cheesy Spinach Corn
- 4 to 5 medium corn cobs
- 500 grams spinach
- 4 scallions or spring onions
- 5 to 6 small to medium garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or oregano seasoning or mixed dry herbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream cheese or any variety of soft cheese
- salt as required
- Boil the corn cobs in water for 15 to 20 mins. When they warm or when they cool down, remove the kernels from the cob with a knife. Keep aside.
- Rinse the spinach in water thoroughly. Chop them and keep aside.
- Chop the scallions and garlic. Reserve the greens for garnishing.
making one pot cheesy spinach corn
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Now add the scallions and garlic to it.
- Saute for 2 mins and then add the chopped spinach. Saute the spinach for 4 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and salt now
- After 2 mins add the red chili flakes and the oregano seasoning/italian seasoning/mixed herbs
- The spinach would have softened and considerably cooked after 3-4 mins. Now add the boiled corn kernels.
- Mix the corn with spinach and spices. Saute for 2-3 minutes more. Check the salt and seasonings and add more if required. Serve hot with warm or toasted bread.
- You can use tinned/canned corn instead of fresh corn. I have used american sweet corn but even regular corn would taste good.
- You could also use cream and cheese together in this recipe. Even just adding cream would taste great.
- If you want a baked version, then this is what you have to do. Add about 5 tbsp cream towards the end of the recipe just before removing it from fire. Take the mix in a bowl. Top grated cheese on top and bake it in the oven for a couple of minutes till the cheese melts and browns. Your baked cheese spinach corn is ready.
- If there are any leftovers they could be used as a stuffing for pancakes and also can be used as a stuffing for grilled or toasted corn sandwich.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.