Collection of 40 delicious veg sandwich recipes – sandwich makes for a quick breakfast or snack when you are short of time or want to eat something in hurry.
Sandwich are quick and easy to make and does not require much cooking expertise. Even bachelors can make it easily. During my schooling in Mumbai, I used to have Mumbai veg sandwich quite often. You can serve most sandwiches with tomato sauce or coriander chutney or mint chutney.
A hot cup of tea or filter coffee and some potato wafers or banana chips or potato wedges or french fries on side will also go very well.
To make sandwich, I suggest to use Brown bread, multi grain bread or Whole wheat bread as they are more healthier than White bread. since kids are usually fond of sandwiches so its better to serve healthier food.
I have compiled all sandwich recipes in one post so that it is easier for you to find your favorite sandwich recipe in one post. Will update this post as I add more such recipes. You can also check this Collection of 40 bread snacks recipes.
1. Veg sandwich – spiced street food snack of toast sandwiches from Mumbai. What adds spice to the veg sandwich is the spicy coriander chutney, black salt and chaat masala.
2. Paneer sandwich recipe – simple and easy breakfast or snack idea of grilled paneer sandwich. The recipe shared is an Indian style paneer sandwich which includes green chutney, spices and herbs.
3. Cheese sandwich recipe – crisp cheesy grilled sandwiches with Indian spices. Instead of grilling these sandwiches can also be toasted in an electric toaster or a hand held stove top toaster.
4. Grilled sandwich recipe – a Bombay vegetable sandwich spiced with cilantro chutney and grilled. Grilling the sandwich makes the bread slices golden crisp and many people like it that way.
5. Club sandwich recipe – this recipe is the club sandwich that used to be served in the restaurants in Mumbai. besan chilla or tomato omelette is used as one of the stuffing. There is a layer of cucumber, lettuce and tomato. The third layer is of cheese or grated veggies like cabbage and carrots mixed with mayonnaise or just plain cheese slices are used.
6. Mayonnaise sandwich recipe – easy and quick to prepare mayo sandwich recipe. you can add the veggies depending on what you have. Cabbage, carrots, bell pepper (capsicum), steamed corn kernels tastes good in a mayo stuffing.
7. Coleslaw sandwich recipe – quick to prepare sandwiches with veg coleslaw. i have used a mix of cabbage, carrots and capsicum.
8. Potato sandwich – to make these grilled sandwiches with a spiced potato stuffing is very easy. All you need are some boiled potatoes, spices, butter and bread.
9. Mushroom sandwich recipe – an easy sandwich recipe made with sauteed mushrooms. The recipe is simple to make and tastes good too. Can be toasted or grilled.
10. Chocolate sandwich recipe – quick easy grilled chocolate sandwich made with choco chips. This sandwich is a quick and easy to prepare sweet snack. kids love these sandwiches and even grown ups cannot say no to them if they are chocolate lovers.
11. Cucumber sandwich recipe – quick to prepare cucumber sandwiches make for a nice finger food snack for kid parties or tea parties.
12. Curd sandwich – quick and easy sandwich recipe with a spiced veggie curd filling.
13. Veg cheese sandwich – Bombay style vegetable cheese toast sandwich. cheesy toast sandwiches.
14. Corn sandwich recipe – the filling for this corn sandwich is Italian inspired with tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil.
15. Chutney sandwich recipe – a four ingredient, quick and easy to prepare chutney sandwich. No onion no garlic recipe.
16. Capsicum sandwich recipe – quick and easy capsicum cheese toast sandwich. These sandwiches are not spicy and hence kid friendly. They are fairly easy to assemble and prepare.
17. Pizza sandwich recipe – these veg pizza sandwiches are basically grilled sandwiches. Though you can also make toast sandwiches.
18. Cheese masala toast sandwich recipe – a tasty and popular variety of sandwich from the Mumbai street food collection.
19. Tomato cucumber sandwich recipe – one of the most easiest and quick sandwich recipe to make. these sandwiches can also be made for children’s school tiffin as well as wrapped and taken while travelling
20. Mumbai style cheese chilli toast – tasty toast sandwiches made with cheese, green chilies, green chutney and spices+herbs.
21. Chaat style aloo toast sandwich recipe – sandwiches made with spiced mashed potatoes. If you have leftover mashed potatoes, then its easy and quick to make these sandwiches.
22. Bombay veg toast sandwich – step by step recipe of preparing delicious Bombay vegetable toast sandwich. Popular Mumbai street food.
23. Veg paneer sandwich recipe – healthy paneer veg sandwich made using paneer, veggies and herbs. This is a variation of the Bombay veg sandwich.
24. Chana sandwich recipe – quick toast or grilled sandwiches made with leftover chana masala. this toast sandwich recipe can be made with leftover rajma (kidney beans) or lobia masala too. Just keep in mind that the gravy/curry has to be semi dry or dry.
25. Rajma sandwich recipe – tasty grilled sandwiches made with a spiced rajma stuffing. You can make these sandwiches from left over rajma also. The consistency of the rajma masala has to be dry or semi dry to make sandwiches. However for this recipe, I have shown the complete method of soaking and cooking rajma.
26. Paneer bhurji sandwich recipe – yummy sandwiches stuffed with paneer bhurji and then toasted or grilled.
27. Guacamole sandwich – guacamole toast is a quick and healthy snack. All you need is a ripe avocado and some bread.
28. Veg masala toast sandwich recipe – a street food from Mumbai. The sandwich is very easy to make. You need to make the potato stuffing first. Slice the veggies. Spread some butter/olive oil and coriander chutney on the bread slices. Stuff them with the potato and veggies and then toast them.
29. Tawa sandwich recipe – simple but delicious grilled sandwiches stuffed with a spiced potato filling. these grilled sandwiches are made on tawa or skillet. With the same method you can make grilled sandwiches with different stuffings like paneer, vegetables, cheese, mushroom etc.
30. Bombay masala toast sandwich – spiced street food snack of toast sandwiches from Mumbai, where the masala is tempered, sauteed & spiced mashed potatoes.
31. Paneer matar toast recipe – tasty toast sandwiches made with cottage cheese, green peas and spices.
32. Corn capsicum sandwich recipe – easy recipe of a grilled sweet corn capsicum sandwich.
33. Corn cheese toast recipe – a simple and easy toast sandwich stuffed with corn which has been seasoned with herbs and cheese.
34. Tomato cheese sandwich recipe – these grilled tomato cheese sandwich can be easily made in a tawa or pan. Quick and simple recipe.
35. Cream cheese sandwich recipe – grilled cream cheese sandwiches made with mixed veggies. You can add your choice of veggies like boiled potato slices or beetroot slices or capsicum or grated carrots or steamed corn kernels. these grilled sandwiches can also be grilled or toasted in a pan or tawa.
36. Paneer cheese toast sandwich recipe – an easy yet delicious toast sandwich that can be made are these cheesy, spiced paneer cheese toast recipe. the entire paneer cheese toast recipe is made on a tawa.
37. Chinese toast recipe – vegetable Chinese toast is a yum Indo Chinese snack of toasted bread stuffed with a filling of mashed potatoes and mix veggies. Chinese veg toast tastes awesome as an evening snack or a starter. You can even make these as a finger food snack for parties or get together. These toasts are similar to the Sesame toast recipe.
38. Samosa sandwich recipe – samosa sandwich is a tasty and filling street food snack from Mumbai. Samosas along with some veggies are stuffed in bread slices and then grilled or toasted. you can use the regular samosa to make these sandwiches.
39. Mumbai style pav sandwich recipe – pav sandwich is yet another scrumptious snack from the Mumbai street food scene. In this recipe a spiced mashed potatoes stuffing is placed in the pav along with some sliced veggies.
40. Iyengar bakery style masala toast recipe – in this veg masala toast recipe, the mix vegetable filling is placed on top of crisp toasted bread and then served hot or warm. The slightly tangy, spiced and faintly sweet veggie filling tastes too good with crisp toasted bread.