Collection of 26 soup recipes – winter is the time when we look forward to a cup of hot tea or coffee or have a hot bowl of soup. Soups are excellent for winters. Warming, comforting as well as nourishing.
If you are looking forward to having soup this winter, then here is a collection of 26 vegetarian healthy soup recipes for you. They are easy to prepare and make for good brunch or lunch/dinner starters.
1. Tomato soup recipe – Easy to make restaurant-style tomato soup. Step by step recipe. This is one of the most popular soup recipe on the blog.
2. Veg soup recipe – a very simple recipe to make a clear veg soup. This soup is light, healthy and nutritious. You can use veggies of your choice or any spare veggie that you have in the fridge.
3. Corn soup – a creamy sweet corn soup made from fresh sweet corn. Step by step recipe.
4. Manchow soup – spicy and hot soup made from mixed vegetables. An Indo Chinese step by step recipe. in the Indian Chinese restaurants, this soup is served with fried noodles. Just to give a restaurant like flavor, I also added fried noodles.
5. Spinach soup – Easy and creamy palak soup recipe with video. Good way to include healthy greens in your diet.
6. Mushroom soup – easy and quick one pot recipe for making cream of mushroom soup. A creamy smooth soup comforting in the winters.
7. Broccoli soup – smooth, creamy and comforting soup made from broccoli florets. this soup can be served plain or with a toasted buttered bread or baguette.
8. Hot and sour soup – spicy, sour and hot soup made with mixed vegetables. An Indo Chinese step by step recipe which can be easily doubled or tripled.
9. Pumpkin soup recipe – easy and tasty recipe of a one pot pumpkin soup. the recipe is more of an european style recipe and does not have any Indian flavors or taste.
10. Carrot ginger soup recipe – easy recipe of a comforting carrot and ginger soup. There is sweet taste in the soup coming from the carrots along with the warmth of ginger.
11. Lemon coriander soup – a clear vegetable soup flavored with lemon and coriander leaves. Lemon adds to the tangy taste and coriander leaves give subtle citrus notes in this vegetable soup.
12. Tom yum soup recipe – this delicious tom yum soup is a spicy and sour soup recipe from the Thai cuisine. I am sharing a vegetarian version of this soup made with mushrooms, carrots and french beans.
13. Noodle soup recipe – this recipe of veg noodle soup is a clear soup which is lightly spiced and mild. The soup is made with mix veggies and noodles. the taste of the soup is faintly sour with an umami flavor. The recipe of this Indo Chinese style veg soup is simple and easy to make.
14. Mix vegetable soup recipe – light and nutritious clear soup made with mixed vegetables.
15. Cream of tomato soup recipe – delicious creamy tomato soup made without cream. The soup has a creamy, smooth consistency with a light tanginess from the tomatoes.
16. Carrot tomato soup recipe – one of the easiest soup to make with carrots & tomatoes and onions.
17. Veg sweet corn soup recipe – sweet and creamy corn soup made with fresh corn, milk and veggies. The creaminess and sweetness in this soup, comes from the corn kernels. You can also make this soup from tinned corn kernels. But fresh corn is the best. step by step recipe.
18. Roasted tomato soup recipe – a tangy soup made from roasted tomatoes.
19. Thai veg tofu soup recipe – a soothing, warming and healing Thai veg soup to beat the chill in winters. Step by step recipe.
20. Tomato shorba – easy and light tomato soup spiced with Indian spices. tomato shorba is a simple as well as a quick soup recipe and gets done within 20 to 25 minutes. It is minimally spiced, light and goes very well as a starter soup.
21. Celery soup recipe – a one pot soup recipe with celery and potatoes. i have not used milk and all purpose flour to thicken the soup. Instead added potatoes to thicken the soup.
22. Clear mushroom soup – an easy recipe of Chinese style mushroom soup. This is a clear soup recipe. I have not used any veg stock in the recipe and cooked the mushrooms in water. If you have veg stock, you can use it.
23. Spring onions soup recipe – in this soup, apart from spring onions I have used one potato to thicken the soup. The soup is made with minimal ingredients so as to bring out the best of spring onions. An easy soup recipe.
24. Russian borscht soup recipe – borscht is a russian and ukranian soup made primarily with beetroots and other veggies.
25. Bottle gourd soup recipe – thick, rich, creamy and nutritious soup made with bottle gourd or opo squash.
26. Makai ka shorba recipe – a light and easy to prepare delicious Indian style corn soup. there are quite a number of shorba or soup recipes in the Indian cuisine and this is one such delicious soup recipe.