veg sweet corn soup recipe with step by step photos – sharing yet another sweet, creamy soup made with fresh sweet corn and vegetables.
in this sweet corn veg soup recipe, the creaminess and sweetness comes from the corn kernels. you can also make this soup from tinned corn kernels. but fresh corn is the best.
this sweet corn veg soup is comforting for the winters. both adults as well as kids will like this soup. the soup can also be served to toddlers.
tips for making sweet corn veg soup recipe
- you can add veggies of your choice or what you have in the kitchen.
- you can even make the soup without the vegetables. if you don’t plan to add vegetables in this corn veg soup then you can also check this corn soup recipe which has a different taste and consistency than this one and is made without vegetables. another delicious variation you can make is makai ka shorba recipe which is indian style corn soup recipe and taste good.
- there is no thickener like corn starch or cream added in this veg sweet corn soup.
- you can add sugar and black pepper as per your taste. sugar can also be skipped if you prefer.
serve this veg sweet corn soup plain or with some toasted bread. also makes for a good starter soup in a continental menu.
if you are looking for more soup recipes then do check:
- manchow soup ( spicy and hot indo chinese soup made from mixed vegetables).
- hot and sour soup (spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the indo chinese cuisine).
- vegetable soup (light and nutritious clear soup made with mixed vegetables.)
- tomato soup (easy to prepare restaurant style soup)
veg sweet corn soup
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
main ingredients for veg sweet corn soup
- 2 cups corn kernels Or 2 medium corn cobs
- 1.5 cups milk at room temperature
- 1.5 cups water or add as required
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion Or spring onion whites (scallions)
- 4 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped french beans
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) Or freshly crushed black pepper Or add as required
- ½ tablespoon sugar or as required - you can skip the sugar if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon butter, salted or unsalted (if adding salted butter then keep a check when adding salt)
- salt as required
for garnishing soup
- chopped spring onions greens or finely chopped celery
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
how to make veg sweet corn soup
preparation for veg sweet corn soup recipe
- first steam or boil fresh corn cobs till the kernels are tender. you can steam them in a pressure cooker, steamer or electric cooker.
- then scrape off the corn kernels with a knife. reserve about 3 tbsp of the corn kernels aside.
- collect the remaining corn kernels in a blender or grinder jar. add sugar and milk.
- blend to a puree. keep aside.
making veg sweet corn soup
- melt butter in a pan or saucepan.
- add the finely chopped veggies - carrots, french beans, capsicum & onions.
- stir and saute the veggies for 7 to 8 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- then add celery. saute for a minute.
- now add the prepared corn puree. stir & saute for a minute.
- add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk. then add 1.5 cups water.
- using a wired whisk or a spatula stir the mixture.
on a low flame let the veg corn soup come to a gentle heat. don't over heat or boil.
- lastly add salt and black pepper. stir & switch off the flame.
- add the reserved 3 tbsp steamed corn kernels in the soup.
stir again and serve this sweet corn veg soup in bowls. you can garnish with some celery, spring onion greens or even some grated cheddar cheese.
preparation for sweet corn veg soup
1. first steam or boil fresh corn cobs till the kernels are tender. you can steam them in a pressure cooker, steamer or electric cooker.
2. then scrape off the corn kernels with a knife. keep about 3 tbsp of the corn kernels aside.
3. collect the remaining corn kernels in a blender or grinder jar. add sugar.
4. add milk. here i blended some corn with half of the milk and added remaining milk later. overall 1 cup of milk needs to be added while blending.
5. blend to a puree. keep aside.
making veg sweet corn soup
6. melt butter in a pan or saucepan.
7. add the grated and finely chopped veggies – finely chopped carrots, french beans, capsicum/bell pepper & onions. spring onions/scallions can also be added instead of onions.
8. stir and saute the veggies for 7 to 8 minutes on a low to medium flame. then add celery. saute for a minute. skip celery if you do not have it.
9. now add the prepared corn puree. stir & saute for a minute.
10. add ½ cup of milk.
11. then add 1½ cups water.
12. using a wired whisk or a spatula stir the mixture very well. be careful that while mixing the soup does not splutter out.
13. on a low flame let the sweet corn veg soup come to a gentle heat. don’t over heat or boil.
14. lastly add salt.
15. then black pepper. stir & switch off the flame.
16. stir and add the reserved 3 tbsp steamed corn kernels.
17. stir again and serve this veg sweet corn soup in bowls. you can garnish the sweet corn veg soup with some celery, spring onion greens or even some grated cheddar cheese.