Paneer bhurji sandwich Recipe with step by step photos. This yummy sandwich is stuffed with spiced paneer bhurji and then toasted or grilled.
This is a quick paneer recipe as making paneer bhurji does not take time. In case, you have already prepared Paneer bhurji, then you just need to toast the sandwiches. these sandwiches are good for a quick brunch, lunch box or for a cocktail party.
The paneer is scrambled and sauteed along with onions, tomatoes, spice powders and herbs. You can prepare the paneer bhurji as per your liking. The bhurji is then stuffed inside the bread as a filling. You could either toast or grill the sandwich on an electric toaster or toast in a hand held stove top toaster. if you prefer sandwiches which has a good filling inside then you can also add some cheese to make it more filling.
Paneer bhurji sandwich tastes good with spicy green chutney and tomato ketchup. If you have guests coming home then you could prepare the bhurji sandwich, make some french fries (fried, baked or air fried) along. Your folks will surely like this combination!
Few more Sandwich recipes on the blog are:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
for paneer bhurji
- 200 grams Paneer crumbled (cottage cheese)
- 1.5 tablespoons butter (oil or ghee)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions or 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes or 2 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 green chilies , chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons ginger , finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves , chopped finely
- salt as per taste
for the sandwich
- 8 to 10 slices of brown bread or white bread or whole wheat bread
- butter as required
making paneer bhurji for sandwich
- Keep all the ingredients ready for the paneer bhurji recipe.
- Crumble the cottage cheese and place aside.
- Heat a pan and then add 1.5 tablespoon of butter/oil in it.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds. Saute cumin seeds on a low flame till they crackle.
- Now add 2 teaspoons of finely chopped ginger. Saute the ginger for a minute on low flame, till the raw smell vanishes from the ginger.
- Then add 1/3 cup of chopped onions and 1 to 2 finely chopped green chilies. Saute till the onions becomes translucent.
- Sprinkle salt as per taste.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes. Stir and saute for a minute.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Saute the tomatoes for 2 to 3 mins, till the tomatoes soften.
- Then add the crumbled paneer. Stir and mix well.
- Cook for 1 to 2 mins on low heat.
- Switch off the flame and add 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir all nicely.
- Remove the paneer bhurji in a bowl/vessel and place aside. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
making paneer bhurji toast sandwiches
- Slice the edges of the bread if you prefer. Then apply generous amount of butter to the bread. Applying butter prevents the bread from becoming soggy.
- Add a spoonful of paneer bhurji mixture on the buttered bread. Spread the mixture evenly on all sides with the help of a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Cover with another slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches in a preheated toaster or grill.
- Toast for 2 to 3 mins or until they look golden brown and crisp. Similarly toast/grill the rest of sandwiches.
- Slice the sandwiches, apply some butter if you like over them. Serve paneer bhurji sandwich with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
How to make paneer bhurji sandwich recipe
Preparing paneer bhurji
1. Keep all the ingredients ready for making paneer bhurji.
2. Crumble 200 grams of paneer and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan and then add 1.5 tablespoons butter/oil in it.
4. Once the butter melts or the oil becomes hot, add ½ teaspoon cumin seeds.
5. Lower the flame and saute cumin seeds till they crackle.
6. Now add 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger.
7. Saute the ginger for a minute on low flame, till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
8. Add ⅓ cup of chopped onions and 1 to 2 green chilies (finely chopped).
9. Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
10. Sprinkle salt as per taste.
11. Stir well.
12. Now add ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes.
13. Stir and saute for a minute.
14. Add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder and ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder.
15. Mix well.
16. Saute the tomatoes for 2 to 3 mins on a low to medium flame or till the tomatoes soften.
17. Then add the crumbled paneer.
18. Stir and mix well. Cook for 1 to 2 mins on low flame. Ensure you don’t overcook the paneer as it becomes dense and rubbery, if cooked for a longer time.
19. Switch off the flame.
20. Add 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves and mix nicely.
21. Remove the paneer bhurji in a bowl/vessel and place aside. allow the paneer bhurji to cool at room temperature.
Making paneer bhurji sandwich
23. Apply a generous amount of butter to the bread.
24. Add a spoonful of paneer bhurji mixture on the buttered bread. Spread the mixture evenly on all sides with the help of a spatula or back of a spoon.
25. Cover with another slice of bread.
26. Place the sandwiches in a preheated toaster or grill.
27. Toast for 2 to 3 mins or until they look golden brown and crisp. Similarly toast/grill the rest of sandwiches.
28. Slice the sandwiches, apply some butter if you like over them.
Serve Paneer bhurji sandwich with green chutney and tomato ketchup.