this green chutney is made from fresh coriander leaves. if you want then you can add mint leaves also. both mint and coriander leaves are detoxifying and helps to purify the system. its good to plant them in your home and use them fresh whenever required.
i have already shared many similar chutney recipes of sweet green chutney, coriander chutney, mint chutney, tamarind chutney and punjabi green chutney recipe. usually mint or coriander based chutneys goes very well with snacks or chaat recipes.
the chutney is versatile and can also be used as an accompaniment with snacks like sandwiches, batata vada, vada pav, veg cutlet. to make the chutney more spicy, you can increase the quantity of green chillies.
this green chutney stays good in the fridge for 2-3 days. you can prepare the chutney a day before you prepare the chaat snacks and refrigerate it.
green chutney for chaat recipes below:
green chutney recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups tightly packed coriander leaves (dhania patta) - chopped
- 2 green chilies (hari mirch)- chopped, add more for a spicy chutney
- ½ inch ginger (adrak) - chopped (optional)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon lime juice or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 1 to 2 teaspoon water for grinding or add as required
How to Make Recipe
- rinse the coriander leaves well in water and roughly chop them.
- take the chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies & ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt in a grinder jar or a small blender jar.
- add 1 or 2 tsp water and grind to a smooth chutney. add a few teaspoons more of the water if required. but don't make the chutney too thin or watery.
- remove the chutney in a bowl and keep aside.
- use this green chutney as required for chaat recipes.
steps to make green chutney recipe:
1. rinse the coriander leaves well in water and roughly chop them. take the chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies & ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala, lime juice and salt in a grinder jar or a small blender jar.
2. add 1 or 2 tsp water. grind to a smooth chutney. add more water if required for making the chutney. but don’t make it too thin or watery.