Green chutney for chaat recipes – a quick chutney that can be added to many chaat snacks like sev puri, ragda patties, bhel puri and samosa chole.
This green chutney is made from fresh coriander leaves. If you want then you can add mint leaves also. Both mint and coriander leaves are detoxifying and helps to purify the system. Its good to plant them in your home and use them fresh whenever required.
I have already shared many Similar chutney recipes of Coriander chutney, Mint chutney, Sweet chutney and Punjabi green chutney recipe. usually mint or coriander based chutneys goes very well with snacks or chaat recipes.
The chutney is versatile and can also be used as an accompaniment with snacks like sandwiches, batata vada, vada pav, veg cutlet. To make the chutney more spicy, you can increase the quantity of green chillies.
This green chutney stays good in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can prepare the chutney a day before you prepare the chaat snacks and refrigerate it.
How to make Green Chutney
1. rinse the coriander leaves well in water and roughly chop them. take the chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies & ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala, lime juice and salt in a grinder jar or a small blender jar.
2. add 1 or 2 tsp water. grind to a smooth chutney. Add more water if required for making the chutney. But don’t make it too thin or watery.
3. Remove the chutney in a bowl and keep aside. Use this green chutney as required for chaat recipes Like pakoras, dhokla, aloo tikki chole, aloo tikki burger, samosa.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- 2 cups tightly packed coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) – chopped
- 2 green chilies – chopped, add more for a spicy chutney
- ½ inch ginger – chopped (optional)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon lime juice or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon salt or as required
- 1 to 2 teaspoon water for grinding or add as required
- Rinse the coriander leaves well in water and roughly chop them.
- Take the chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies & ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt in a grinder jar or a small blender jar.
- Add 1 or 2 tsp water and grind to a smooth chutney. Add a few teaspoons more of the water if required. But don’t make the chutney too thin or watery.
- Remove the chutney in a bowl and keep aside.
- Use this green chutney as required for chaat recipes.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.