roasted tomato soup recipe - tomato soup is an all time favourite of mine. in this soup recipe, tomatoes are roasted. there is another restaurant style tomato soup recipe in the blog where the tomatoes are not roasted but blanched.
soups and salads - two of a kind that are very rare on my blog… reason being nobody in the home is a soup or salad person except me. so i usually make soups or salads for myself
for the first time i made roasted tomato soup and it was awesome… roasting the tomatoes lend a warm, earthy flavor to the tomatoes which you won’t get in the regular tomato soup.
the tomatoes are sliced and then roasted in the oven with some garlic and olive oil….
along with the roasted tomatoes, the juices of the tomatoes and garlic with the olive oil is then pureed ….
add a dash of pepper and salt and the soup is ready….. easy and no cooking etc involved.
roasted tomato soup recipe below:
- 5-6 large ripe and red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup warm water
- salt & sugar as required
- rinse the tomatoes in water.
- now slice the tomatoes and place them in a baking tray.
- add chopped garlic also in the tray.
- drizzle the olive oil on the tomatoes.
- roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or till the tomatoes have shrunk in size & get browned.
- now let the roasted tomatoes become warm.
- in a blender, add the tomatoes, garlic and all the juices from the tray.
- add some crushed black pepper, salt and sugar to the blender.
- add warm water and blend to a smooth puree.
- remove in a bowl.
- garnish the soup with mint or cilantro or cheese or cream.
- serve roasted tomato soup warm or cold.
again adding sugar depend on the sweetness of tomatoes. if the tomatoes are sweet, then you don’t need to add any sugar.
the recipe can be doubled or tripled.