Noodle soup recipe with step by step pics. Next time you are looking for variety in Vegetable Soup, then go for this Noodle Soup which also has an array of veggies in it. In short, this one is an Indo-Chinese style clear soup, which is lightly spiced and mild, and made with noodles and mixed vegetables.
The taste of the noodle soup is faintly sour with an umami flavor. The recipe of this Indo Chinese style soup is simple and easy to make.
For a light dinner, you can just have this soup without any accompaniment. You can even serve it as a starter before a south asian meal.
In this veg noodle soup you can add various types of mix veggies like – mushrooms, broccoli, bok choy, green beans, snap beans, carrots, cabbage, zucchini, peas, corn, baby corn.
The noodles can be any type of noodles. you can use rice noodles, whole wheat noodles or instant noodles. Soups make for a comforting meal during winters.
This noodle soup is a clear soup. For a thick soup you can add some cornflour (corn starch) or potato starch or arrowroot flour in the soup. Also the soup is not spicy. To make spicy noodle soup, add finely chopped green chilies or green chilli sauce or red chilli sauce.
This Vegetable Noodle Soup is also an amazing choice on all those days when you want to have a light dinner or are bored of cooking elaborate meals. Have it as it is without any accompaniment or serve it as a starter before your meal, the choice is yours.
How to make Noodle Soup
A) cooking noodles
1. Take 3 cups of water in a pan and begin to heat it.
2. Add ½ teaspoon salt.
3. Bring water to a rolling boil.
4. Reduce the flame and add 75 grams of noodles. You can use any type of noodles like rice, whole wheat or instant noodles.
5. Immerse the noodles in water with a fork or spoon.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and begin to cook the noodles.
7. The noodles need to be cooked till al dente. They should have a slight bite to them.
8. Strain the noodles in a colander.
9. Rinse with water very well.
10. Keep the noodles aside.
11. Shred or grate or finely chop the vegetables. You will need ½ cup shredded cabbage, ⅓ cup shredded carrots, ⅓ cup diagonally thinly sliced french beans and ¼ cup thinly sliced capsicum.
You will also need ½ teaspoon of finely chopped garlic and ¼ cup of chopped spring onions.
Making noodle soup
12. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan or wok. On a low heat add ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic.
Saute for some seconds till the raw aroma of garlic goes away. You can use toasted sesame oil or sunflower oil or any oil.
13. Then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions.
14. Increase the heat to medium and stir fry for a minute.
15. Add the shredded veggies.
16. Mix very well.
17. Begin to stir fry on medium heat.
18. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
19. Then add 4 cups of water. You can also add 4 cups of homemade veg stock.
20. Stir and mix well.
21. Bring the soup mixture to a rolling boil on medium heat.
22. When the soup comes to a rolling boil, then add 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce (i used naturally fermented soy sauce).
23. Season with salt as per taste.
24. Add crushed black pepper as required.
25. Add the noodles.
26. Mix very well.
27. Simmer noodle soup for 5 to 6 minutes on a medium heat.
28. Add ½ to 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar. Mix well and switch off the heat. Lemon juice can be added instead of vinegar.
29. Then add 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onion greens and 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves.
30. Mix well and Serve the noodle soup hot. While serving first add soup to the bowl. Then with pasta tongs lift the noodles and place it in the soup bowl. You can garnish noodle soup with some chopped spring onion greens.
More popular Soup recipes
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Noodle Soup | Vegetable Noodle Soup
for cooking noodles
- 75 grams noodles, instant, whole wheat or rice – cal also use 2 cups cooked noodles
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil – toasted sesame oil or peanut oil or sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup diagonally thinly sliced french beans
- ¼ cup thinly sliced capsicum (green bell pepper)
- 4 cups water – 1 litre water or 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce (naturally fermented) or add as required
- salt as required
- ½ to 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion greens
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens – for garnish
- Take 3 cups of water in a pan and begin to heat it.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt. bring water to a rolling boil.
- Reduce the flame and add 75 grams noodles.
- Immerse the noodles in water with a fork or spoon.
- Increase the flame to medium-high and begin to cook the noodles.
- The noodles need to be cooked till aldente. They should have a slight bite to them.
- Strain the noodles in a colander. rinse with water very well. keep the noodles aside.
- Shred or grate or finely chop the vegetables.
- Keep them aside. You can use your choice of mix shredded or grated veggies.
making noodle soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan or wok. On a low flame add ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic. Saute for some seconds till the raw aroma of garlic goes away.
- Then add ¼ cup chopped spring onions.
- Increase the flame to medium and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the shredded veggies. mix very well.
- Stir fry on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Then add 4 cups water. You can also add 4 cups of homemade veg stock. mix well.
- Bring the soup mixture to a rolling boil on medium flame.
- When the soup comes to a rolling boil, then add 2 to 3 teaspoons soy sauce (i used naturally fermented soy sauce).
- Season with salt as per taste. Also add crushed black pepper as required.
- Add the noodles. mix very well.
- Simmer the soup for 5 to 6 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add ½ to 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white vinegar. Mix well and switch off the flame. Lemon juice can be added instead of vinegar.
- Then add 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens and 3 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and serve noodle soup hot.
- You can garnish with some chopped spring onion greens.
- While serving first add soup in the bowl. Then with pasta tongs lift the noodles and place it in the soup bowl.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Noodle Soup post from the archives, originally published in November 2017 has been updated and republished on January 2023.
this is such a delicious easy to follow recipe !!
especially for these cold european winters …
thank you !
Yes agree and thank you.
This is our home’s fav winter weekend dinner. I purposely buy all colorful winter veggies like colored cabbage, carrots, spring onion, mushrooms, tofu, beans, etc, and prepare them with whole wheat noodles.
Thank you so much Dassana to add variety to my kitchen, today and always. Your follower forever.
Thanks so much Jaya. Glad!
Excuse me, but how many servings do you get for this recipe alone?
The servings are mentioned in the recipe card.
See More Comments