collection of 20 popular eggless cakes recipes – cakes are one of the dessert items that is popular with people from all age groups. be it birthdays, anniversaries or any celebration, cakes are seen in the menu.
i have posted around 35 eggless cakes recipes on the blog. in this post, i am sharing the eggless cake recipes which are popular among readers. there are a few more popular cake recipes, that i need to add on the blog. so when i add them, i will also update this post.
you can also check these popular recipes collections:
- 22 ladoo recipes
- 20 eggless chocolate recipes
- 10 quick and easy sweets recipes
- top 10 sweets and desserts recipes
- collection of 121 diwali sweets recipes
top 20 eggless cakes recipes:
1. chocolate cake recipe – basic eggless chocolate cake recipe made with whole wheat flour. the cake is soft and moist and can be used a base cake for various chocolate frostings. you can also check this eggless chocolate cake recipe (made in pressure cooker) which gives a soft, spongy and moist cake.
2. eggless vanilla cake recipe – an easy and delicious recipe to make a basic vanilla cake. the cake is moist, soft and makes a good base for cakes & gateau – like pineapple cream cake or chocolate cream cake.
3. eggless black forest cake recipe – classic black forest cake made easy with step by step photos. to make this delicious black forest cake, you need an eggless basic chocolate cake or a chocolate sponge cake.
4. eggless banana cake recipe – a one bowl cake recipe of banana cake which is eggless as well as vegan. a quick and easy recipe which gives light, soft and moist cake. this banana cake recipe has been adapted from my very popular tried and tested eggless banana bread recipe. i have also shared eggless banana muffins recipe.
5. eggless pressure cooker cake recipe – spongy and a soft, light textured delicious cake made in pressure cooker. this eggless sponge cake recipe is very easy. no beating and no whipping required. the recipe can be doubled too.
6. eggless atta cake recipe – an easy recipe of cake made with whole wheat flour, sweetened condensed milk and butter. you can serve this cake plain as a tea time snack or even as a dessert. you can also use this cake as base in trifle pudding and even frost it with any icing. there few more baked recipes made with whole wheat flour like:
7. eggless sponge cake recipe – one bowl light, airy eggless sponge cake made with applesauce. in this recipe applesauce replaces the eggs. i used homemade unsweetened applesauce. applesauce works very well as a substitute for eggs. this sponge cake can be used as base cake for gateaus or for making frosted cakes like eggless pineapple cake and eggless strawberry cream cake.
9. eggless mango cake recipe – easy and delicious mango cake recipe made with whole wheat flour (atta), fresh mangoes, butter and condensed milk. the cake has a nice aroma of mangoes along with a light, soft texture. there is also the nutty aroma of whole wheat flour in the cake. you can also check eggless mango cheesecake recipe.
10. eggless choco lava cake recipe – easy recipe of preparing eggless choco lava cake. the recipe is very simple and makes use of whole wheat flour and cocoa powder. if you love chocolate, then you can check these easy chocolate recipes which does not require much time like:
- chocolate fudge
- chocolate mousse
- chocolate ice cream
- chocolate brownie
- chocolate sandwich
- chocolate chips muffins.
11. eggless butter cake recipe – this delicious butter cake recipes yields a soft butter cake with a light crumb. this is a heavy and filling cake as its rich with butter, so there is no need to do any kind of icing or add powdered sugar on top. thus goes extremely well with a side of coffee, tea or milk.
12. eggless mawa cake recipe – cardamom spiced eggless buttery cake with a caramelized milky flavor. mawa cake is made with mawa (or khoya), whole wheat flour and butter. mawa cake is a popular cake served in irani and parsi bakeries in mumbai.
13. honey cake recipe – honey cake is a well known dessert made famous by the south indian bakeries, especially iyengar bakery. this super delicious honey cake recipe is made from whole wheat flour (atta), unrefined cane sugar and uses less oil. thus makes for a healthier option for a cake.
14. pressure cooker chocolate cake recipe – this delicious eggless chocolate cake is soft, moist, light and tastes like dutch truffle cake.
15. eggless orange cake recipe – an easy, simple and no fuss recipe to make vegan and eggless orange cake. the cake has the orangish flavor with a light orange color. a soft and light cake made with whole wheat flour. adapting this cake recipe, i have also made eggless orange muffins recipe.
16. pound cake recipe – easy to prepare delicious eggless pound cake made with whole wheat flour. this rich pound cake has a slightly dense but light texture with a buttery and milky taste. i have not flavored the cake with any spice. however, you can add a bit of spice like cardamom powder or nutmeg powder.
17. tutti frutti cake recipe – easy recipe to make a soft, moist eggless tutti frutti cake. i usually buy tutti frutti from outside. however you can make them at home also. few more recipes where you can add tutti frutti are:
18. apple upside down cake recipe – the cake is light, soft and has a good crumb. almost like cakes baked with eggs. if you don’t have apples, then make the same cake with pears or pineapple and it would still be delicious. you can also check these recipes:
19. dates walnut cake recipe – an easy and light dates walnut coffee cake. the recipe is easy to make. even a novice in baking can make this cake and get full marks.
20. eggless fruit cake recipe – one easy and tasty recipe for making a kerala style christmas fruit cake. the fruit cake is soft, moist and crumbly. do use dry fruits of your choice, but do not skip on the candied orange peels. these give a lovely bitter note in some bites while savoring this fruit cake.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe